smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrssurman said:

Skype or other video chat, pictures, daily text chats :) lots of them. We've been apart for a few months this time, but it's usually more like a year. You can do it!

We'll definitely do that! That won't be easy with the time difference but we had a long distance relationship two years ago so we can do it 💪🏻

Edited by nexiou

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alice L said:

Where to call, please share number

Is it on the NOA1 hardcopy, right?

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys. May filer here as well. Sent the package last May 19, 2017. NOA1 was May 24, 2017.

Beneficiary is from Manila, Philippines.

Glad that there's a forum like this for May filers, which really helps for those who don't have much knowledge about the K1 visa process.

The waiting game is really frustrating.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rob.Ish said:

Hi Guys. May filer here as well. Sent the package last May 19, 2017. NOA1 was May 24, 2017.

Beneficiary is from Manila, Philippines.

Glad that there's a forum like this for May filers, which really helps for those who don't have much knowledge about the K1 visa process.

The waiting game is really frustrating.

Welcome to the forum! :)

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

On 5/3/2017 at 6:24 PM, LabOz said:

Any other MAY filers? come out come out.

Say hi.

Ours was sent May 10th, NOA1 May 20th. Still waiting for NOA2! ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello all!

Hopefully someone with a better understanding of the USCIS app can provide some knowledge for me.

So, I downloaded the USCIS app just after the NOA1 arrived. 

I periodically checked the app to stay updated on mine and my fiancee's case or for better tracking reference. 

For some time I had noticed at the bottom there was a status notation. 

It stated "Case is processing" and provided number of days.

I decided to check in to see how many days have come and gone.

To my surprise, the status has changed and now indicates Case "Active".

Is this an indication that the case is now in the hands of an officer and is officially opened for reviewed or something else?

I looked for other mentions of such a status. But was unable to find anything pertaining to a reference.

So I decided to do a more expanded search for reference to the legal definition of an active case. 

The closest reference I found was that an active case will remain active until closed. Usually by a decision to close the case. (Case has been ruled upon.)

Could anyone with a better understanding elaborate to this case status indication relating to the USCIS app?

Best of Regards!

&

Best of wishes to everyone going through this process.

Screenshot_2017-07-23-02-07-25~2.png

Timeline

Active with USCIS or Active on the APP?

Number of days that past since NOA 1 for me is 82.

My NOA is May 1st and it says "Case Active 79 days"

I count 82 days 30 in May plus 30 in June and 22 so far today = 82.

I honestly don't remember when I loaded the case to the Android USCIS App but maybe it was 3 days after the date of my NOA which could explain the 3 day difference.

The "case active" is for sure not the number of days the adjudicator has been working the file. 

They turn those around within 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on the complexity.

54 minutes ago, PilgrimUS said:

Hello all!

Hopefully someone with a better understanding of the USCIS app can provide some knowledge for me.

So, I downloaded the USCIS app just after the NOA1 arrived. 

I periodically checked the app to stay updated on mine and my fiancee's case or for better tracking reference. 

For some time I had noticed at the bottom there was a status notation. 

It stated "Case is processing" and provided number of days.

I decided to check in to see how many days have come and gone.

To my surprise, the status has changed and now indicates Case "Active".

Is this an indication that the case is now in the hands of an officer and is officially opened for reviewed or something else?

I looked for other mentions of such a status. But was unable to find anything pertaining to a reference.

So I decided to do a more expanded search for reference to the legal definition of an active case. 

The closest reference I found was that an active case will remain active until closed. Usually by a decision to close the case. (Case has been ruled upon.)

Could anyone with a better understanding elaborate to this case status indication relating to the USCIS app?

Best of Regards!

&

Best of wishes to everyone going through this process.

Screenshot_2017-07-23-02-07-25~2.png

I didn't know there was an app! Whats it called? :0 

Timeline

Hi RedRina

Welcome to the group.

Everyone here has been anxiously waiting for NOA2.

As for me, I haven't started obtaining NBI and CENOMAR yet. I think it's quite early to obtain it soon.😄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Since our WAC # is tracked through the USCIS app and the previous status I last checked was 54 days before it changed to active, I will state with the USCIS.

I sent my I129f in may 19th and received notice may 23rd as indicated with the USCIS, VJ, and the USCIS app. 

I calculate 62 days into the process. 

This was also reflected on day 50 both through simple addition and the status indicator in the app until recent. 

I can understand the adjudication itself may take a few days at most. 

However having an open case file (i129f packet) in the process of being reviewed, checked for accuracy, background check, etc. Which makes an active case active is a different process in its self. 

So again, I present my question? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.