smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Tanyahonrado said:

We received our noa2 hard copy this morning, without receiving any email or text message that our application was approved. Checked the website too it still says received. 

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

I upload my post first time and we still waiting for NOA2.

I have a question. I'm a beneficiary and Our received date is May 18. 

We will have a wedding ceremony is on 27 January 2018.

But I'll go to the America 21 November with a travel visa because my fiancé want to be together for Thanksgiving.

So when the visa is approved, I will back my nation and prepare to have a visa interview.

So do you guys expect that I can get the K-1 visa before wedding ceremony?

Is there a problem about  I go to the America with a travel visa while we are waiting for NOA2? 

I appreciate you guys who answer my question. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Bearcat.Eric said:

But I'll go to the America 21 November with a travel visa because my fiancé want to be together for Thanksgiving.

So when the visa is approved, I will back my nation and prepare to have a visa interview.

Is there a problem about  I go to the America with a travel visa while we are waiting for NOA2? 

Hi! I traveled to the US with a tourist visa after we'd filed for K1 - I did that in July this year. I was honest at the port of entry and told the officer we were going to meet my fiancé's family, showed him return ticket, a guarantee letter from my employer. And I had my kids waiting for me at home. So the officer wished me a nice trip and let me in) 

That was my third trip to the US within 10 months, I never stayed longer than claimed to the passport control officer. 

Good luck!!! And enjoy thanksgiving with your fiancé)

8 hours ago, Nemesiser said:

How lucky!!! Mine has been 9 days and no sign of receiving at NVC

Well ours was there after 11 days. We called at day 14 though. Fingers crossed by the end of next week yours may be there! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bearcat.Eric said:

If you marry before you get your k1, then i dont think you will be eligible to finish the k1 process. You will have to do the cr-1 route. So probably just visit and be together but dont do a ceremony because you're  so close to being done and the cermeony can mess it up. At the pace its going, you can expect 2-3 weeks to get approval so its possible to have your visa before the date you planned to have the wedding

Edited by K&N2609

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tanyahonrado said:

We received our noa2 hard copy this morning, without receiving any email or text message that our application was approved. Checked the website too it still says received. 

Congratulations!!!!  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Naes said:

To give some perspective on how the numbers are weekly.. 

Last week's April movement:

10/16/2017 16
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 1
Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 15
10/17/2017 27
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 5
Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 22
10/18/2017 14
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 1
Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 13
10/19/2017 46
Your Current Status: Case Was Approved 13
Your Current Status: Date of Birth Was Updated 1
Your Current Status: Name Was Updated 1
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 6
Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 25
10/20/2017 45
Your Current Status: Case Was Approved 26
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 4
Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received 15
TOTAL 148

Fantastic break down!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Shaman said:

No recent scans today, @Shoegum ? 😊 Guess we all are already a kind of addicted to them

Are they working today?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know what service center processes them better or quicker? I know the one in Vermont is considered the "Black Hole" I usually see the California Process Center alot. I'm an October Filer and mine was just sent to The Texas branch.

Timeline

Here’s something a little weird. I follow random cases in the iPhone case tracker app. A May 16th case WAC1790331386 gave me notification 50 minutes ago that the status changed, but it still says ‘Case Received’ - would that mean that the case has been touched/ scanned today?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.