smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Yes, this is a bummer of a process...Not looking for sympathy here, but I envy that you can come to the USA and visit your fiancé...my Filipina princess is not allowed into the USA without visa...and they NEVER approve a visitor visa to young Asian women. Either way, hang in there, our time will come.

I couldn't agree more! Day 171 for me. Trying to explain to my sweetheart why it is taking so long has been brutal. She wants to visit me so bad but it is almost impossible for her to get a travel visa.  I finally got an RFE update on my USCIS app. I'll take that over nothing!!! I am thinking it is because I didn't include the TOS for the site we met on. I will post what it was for. I wouldn't have made it this far without the support of the great people in the VJ community.

24 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Hi, sorry to ask for help a bit out of subject here, but I'm worried about the POLICE CHECK from those places I've been living for more than 6 months. Australian one it's kind of difficult for me, I have to submit a bunch of documents in order to get the police record from them (waiting very long time too for processing it and shipping it over to me). When I went to take a certificate from my town hall they told me not to be worried because I've just been travelling over there, and I never was registered in the "Italians abroad register", so officially I never left so I can't say I've been living over there. I've even checked to see if, in between travels, I never reached the 6 months, but one time I stayed there for 7 months and 3 days! Since I can't provide all the documentations they need (which is a lot) and I wasn't registered as living abroad, do I absolutely have to provide the police check for this visa purpose? Do immigration has a way to find out if I am not providing all the police checks I should...I mean, do they know where and for how long I have been somewhere? I feel very stupid to ask this, but I'm not able to find a way out!

The report would be required.  All we had to do was send a copy of the passport to Ireland and we went to the Korean Embassy in Manila.  It may be easier than you think.  Try the Australian Embassy there and at least get a “no record” report.  If you haven’t been arrested you wouldn’t have any record there.  

Most likely they will run your passport number to see where you have been so chances are they may be looking for that police report.  You don’t have to register in other counties if your passport shows that you were there.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
17 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The report would be required.  All we had to do was send a copy of the passport to Ireland and we went to the Korean Embassy in Manila.  It may be easier than you think.  Try the Australian Embassy there and at least get a “no record” report.  If you haven’t been arrested you wouldn’t have any record there.  

Most likely they will run your passport number to see where you have been so chances are they may be looking for that police report.  You don’t have to register in other counties if your passport shows that you were there.

Thank you, the Australian embassy in Italy is a very good idea, I haven't  think of it until now! 😊 Since the online request to the federal Australian police seems not to work for me 😞

***Waiting for interview***

Just now, Fiammetta said:

Thank you, the Australian embassy in Italy is a very good idea, I haven't  think of it until now! 😊 Since the online request to the federal Australian police seems not to work for me 😞

We had somewhat the same issue with Korea until someone suggested the embassy to us!  Ireland was all email, Korea took a week but it was all done through the embassy.

I hope that works for you.  Good luck.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just from the cases I was able to scan, which only covers portions of may 5th and may 8th receive dates, I am counting about 30 approvals. And I only scanned about 1500 cases in total. They are definitely making progress today and I guarantee @Shoegums scans will show at least 50-100 approvals for today. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alice L said:

But how long would they take to send to respective consulate we got case # on 16 Oct  but status is still at nvc 

Ours was two to three days before it changed to In Transit, if that's what you're asking but I know that it sometimes takes longer and... I recall reading someone's post (don't remember which forum or when) where the status never changed on the tracker but they were suddenly informed that their case was at their embassy.  I know that that's not all that helpful but it's the best I've got... this whole process remains a black box... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

USCIS sent me a message that they have mailed an RFE on October 12, 2017 and today is 10-20-17 almost 8 days and have not received their RFE. Do any of you have a similar experience? Please share with me. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Travie said:

Just from the cases I was able to scan, which only covers portions of may 5th and may 8th receive dates, I am counting about 30 approvals. And I only scanned about 1500 cases in total. They are definitely making progress today and I guarantee @Shoegums scans will show at least 50-100 approvals for today. 

Gosh... what happened with the may 3?! I hope our day is today! It is been 170 days already 😓

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
43 minutes ago, KimAyo said:

Hello Guys, I'm over the moon right now, we just got approved and it updated on the case tracker as I refreshed it. Wishing all the rest of the hopefuls luck.....I will update the VJ timeline too to keep the spirit....thanks to the VJ family for keeping us abreast with experiences and what's to follow...

Congrats!

1 minute ago, Julia Pantuza said:

Gosh... what happened with the may 3?! I hope our day is today! It is been 170 days already 😓

You’re going to have to wait for the scans tonight. I’m not trying to get locked out so I only checked dates closest to mine. 

9 minutes ago, mcs said:

Ours was two to three days before it changed to In Transit, if that's what you're asking but I know that it sometimes takes longer and... I recall reading someone's post (don't remember which forum or when) where the status never changed on the tracker but they were suddenly informed that their case was at their embassy.  I know that that's not all that helpful but it's the best I've got... this whole process remains a black box... 

Thanks alot

Should I call and ask nvc staff about the real time status? 

21 hours ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

I just received an email from USCIS stating:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC1790327977 

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) 

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity 

We mailed your document for your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), Receipt Number WAC1790327977. If you do not receive your document by November 18, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

I called  USCIS and a tier 1 could not tell me anything about it..  Does anyone know what this may mean?!

Please let us know what it is actuallt when you receive hard copy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.