smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
10 minutes ago, May10 said:

Day 162 today, i want to call tier 2, I know they wouldn't give me anything meaningful! what number should I call?

Call 800-375-5283.  Tell them you are getting 2 different resources telling you different status' on your package, can you tell me what the real status is?  Worked for me, but not everyone I'm sure, so best of luck!! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/18/2017 at 12:11 PM, A+B OS said:

Can someone tell me what a priority date is and where I can find mine?

Hi.  I believe k1 people do not get a priority date.  That date is given when you receive your NOA2 on the top left somewhere. But for k1 visas I believe that box is left blank. 

Sorry I didn't explain what it is. I really don't know what it is.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

@May10I'm Day 168.  I finally called USCIS @ 1-800-375-5283, options 1, 2, 2... tell Tier-1 agent your receipt # and that you'd like to be transferred to Tier-2.  I had no problem, waiting to hear back within 115 minutes.

Edited by Tyler & Kimiko
added member name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Shhhhhh....don't tell everyone about Filipna woman hee hee ...I agree with you and I won't call you biased....very sweet people in general and very beautiful ladies....May 15 filer here trying  to avoid going back to the Philippines next month but the way things are going....it looks like a Christmas wedding is not possible....and I miss her so much.....

Keep the faith brother, May 15 here also. I 'm counting on a Christmas wedding.  I agree, when I was visted my baby in the Phillipines the people there were  very friendly and respectful. I admire their culture and the fact that family is so important to them and how they help each other. Once married we will be buying a house there and spend time here in the USA and also there in the Philipines. God is good, all the glory to Him!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
19 hours ago, TrIndie said:

Guys, my fiancé started calling the NVC on 10/17 and they said my case wasn’t there. He called again today and it’s there!!!!! 

We haven't been assigned a case number yet and they said it could take 2 weeks for that. Getting closer everyday ❤️

When was your NOA2? I’ve been calling too but nothing yet :( October 6th (I mean I think that’s normal lol but I am more and more impatient every day) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
31 minutes ago, karinaaz said:

But Mexico and the Philippines are well are considered high risk. :)

Correct. The reason there is a high Philippines rate of approvals here is because they make a high percentage of applications.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I just received an email from USCIS stating:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC1790327977 

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) 

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity 

We mailed your document for your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), Receipt Number WAC1790327977. If you do not receive your document by November 18, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

I called  USCIS and a tier 1 could not tell me anything about it..  Does anyone know what this may mean?!

Edited by K-1Applicant2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

So, once you done with your April/May/June scans, @Shoegum and @Naes , someone in the June filers forum wrote something about them receiving twice as many applications in May as they did for June. Is that consistent with your data?

Nope May and June have a similar number of cases. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

I just received an email from USCIS stating:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC1790327977 

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) 

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity 

We mailed your document for your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), Receipt Number WAC1790327977. If you do not receive your document by November 18, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

I called  USCIS and a tier 1 could not tell me anything about it..  Does anyone know what this may mean?!

From what I could dig up, "Post Decision Activity" typically means USCIS sending information to NVC after an approval. If a petition is denied and you file an appeal, they would label that activity similarly. Given you're still waiting on a decision, hopeful this is very good news for you!

Edited by WhJi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 minute ago, WhJi said:

From what I could dig up, "Post Decision Activity" typically means USCIS sending information to NVC after an approval. If a petition is denied and you file an appeal, they would label that activity similarly. Given you're still waiting on a decision, hopeful this is very good news for you!

WHY CANT THEY JUST SAY WHAT IT IS?!?!?!?!

this processes is going to give me a heart attack!!! 

7 minutes ago, Stela&Eli said:

We are approved!!!!! I am so happy! :D

Congrats!!!! It'll move fast for you now! I just had MTL expedite my case to book an interview! Hope you have the same luck :) 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

WHY CANT THEY JUST SAY WHAT IT IS?!?!?!?!

this processes is going to give me a heart attack!!! 

I know :/ . What is your petition number? Do you use a tracker app? I see a couple new numbers approved today that weren't on Shoegums earlier scan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.