smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
6 minutes ago, munbei said:

What happens if you try to call USCIS and tell them that there are cases in front of you getting approved and are not expedited?
If they ask how you found out just tell them that you have a group of buddies in forums who share case numbers and info, and others are getting approved in front of you, give them a sample case number
Do you think USCIS will entertain you or give you the call back in a month or 2 thing again?

I have done that twice and to be frank, they don't care.  I told him I have sources that are showing me cases after mine are being approved and it is concerning me.  He was nice and just said we are on April cases and your case is May and if you don't hear something then we are still processing, if you hear something we may need more information or you may be approved.  It didn't help me and he was very nice about it, but he wouldn't transfer me to a Tier 2 officer.  You can try.  They all know about VJ and the trackers so it's no secret.  Keep us posted!

1 minute ago, RedRina said:

Hi May filers.

we just got approved today, thanks God!

Notice date: 9th May

Approved date: 18 October

whats next? 😊

Congratulations!!!! :D

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline
11 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

a service request is when you ask USCIS to look into something regarding you case.. if you do it by phone the officer should give you a reference number and then USCIS sends you a letter or an email answering your question.. you can also do it online using the online tools I believe.

Thank you, yes he asked me for a reference number and I told him I wasn't provided one, but I did just receive a call from our Senator's office.  It will be assigned to their immigration case person to see what the hold up is.  I'm trying all avenues to get an answer.  I know they can only do so much, with so much, I work for the government and definitely know that.  But telling people you are working April cases when we know it's May cases.  Off my soap box, but thank you for responding!  Best of luck to us all!

Just now, Julie and Kerren said:

Thank you, yes he asked me for a reference number and I told him I wasn't provided one, but I did just receive a call from our Senator's office.  It will be assigned to their immigration case person to see what the hold up is.  I'm trying all avenues to get an answer.  I know they can only do so much, with so much, I work for the government and definitely know that.  But telling people you are working April cases when we know it's May cases.  Off my soap box, but thank you for responding!  Best of luck to us all!

yeah.. they probably place the request on your behalf.. so they can find out what is the hold up  :)

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Timeline
Just now, logisticamente said:

yeah.. they probably place the request on your behalf.. so they can find out what is the hold up  :)

Probably so, hopefully it doesn't upset our lawyer, but the wait is enough.  We have a lot to plan for and everyday that goes by is one less day to get that done.  As is the case for us all I know.  :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, munbei said:

What happens if you try to call USCIS and tell them that there are cases in front of you getting approved and are not expedited?
If they ask how you found out just tell them that you have a group of buddies in forums who share case numbers and info, and others are getting approved in front of you, give them a sample case number
Do you think USCIS will entertain you or give you the call back in a month or 2 thing again?

I think the USCIS process "some" petitions for each month instead of trying to process the entire month before moving on. I can think of a few possible valid reasons for that. Anyway, so that we Petitioners don't go crazy, they move on to the next month to show progress.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline
Just now, PadieNerkBrapone said:

I think the USCIS process "some" petitions for each month instead of trying to process the entire month before moving on. I can think of a few possible valid reasons for that. Anyway, so that we Petitioners don't go crazy, they move on to the next month to show progress.

Hard telling, but I can see that too.  It's a demanding job, hats off to them, demanding on the workload and all of us calling them, lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, RedRina said:

Hi May filers.

We just got approved today, thanks God!

Recieved date: 5th May

whats next? 😊

Plz, don't forget to update your timeline first 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, RedRina said:

Hi May filers.

We just got approved today, thanks God!

Recieved date: 5th May

whats next? 😊

Check the further procedure here https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html#1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone!! 

So I got my NVC case number today.  

May 5 NOA1 

Oct 6 NOA2

Oct 17 received at NVC 

Oct 18 got case number

So I went online to track my case and I have a couple questions. 

When I clicked on "nonimmigrant" and entered my info it said case number not found.  So I tried clicking "immigrant" and it found my case. 

It says "AT NVC" and it says I have to wait for instructions from NVC that list the 6 steps I need to take before NVC can schedule the interview appointment and the instructions also will tell me about fees and forms that need to be submitted to NVC

This does not sound right. I thought NVC simply did a background check and sent your file to the embassy. 

Is this just the generic message that is given to everyone????

Thanks in advance for the help guys! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.