smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, Cottager said:

Wooo!! Got our approval/NOA2 today! Just checked the website. Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet! Our NOA1 was May 2, 2017. So, uh, now what? Lol. What's this DS-160 people have been talking about?  Hopefully they'll lay some of it out in the letter.

Congratulations!!!  :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mcs said:

@smilei  COngratulations!!!!!!  :):):):)

You're next. :)

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

10 hours ago, AnaMolina said:

Guys I just called nvc for the third time today lol AND I GOT MY NVC NUMBERRRRR FINALLYYY

Congrats!!! Finally after such a long wait! I'm sitting at 15 days after NOA2 and no case number! I'll definitely try calling twice a day!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kat.cap13 said:

Congrats!!! Finally after such a long wait! I'm sitting at 15 days after NOA2 and no case number! I'll definitely try calling twice a day!!

Do that! I'm pretty sure they got tired of me calling so much ahhahaah it worked! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

It's 2017, You'd think they would start online applications 😂

But nah we are manual! Yayy 

Tell me about it... 

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Good Morning My Fellow May Comrades!!!!

Congrats to all of those that have received their NOA2 and are even at the NVC stage. You guys are almost there and are our blueprints to follow from your experience. Please remember to update your timelines with your NOA2 dates and other dates regarding the process.

To the rest of us still waiting...while patience can longer be a virtue for any of us at this point, but another day gone is another day closer to receiving our "Golden Ticket". Frustration and discouragement is really heavy in this group and trust me, I'm right there with you. There's no easy remedy to fix this "waiting game" issue, but until then I would like to provide some advice on things to do because I've noticed a lot of people getting their NOA2's and then asking "okay, what's next - what do I do now?"

If you haven't done so, I recommend reading up on the VJ Guides, USCIS site, CEAC site and other steps as it will tell you what will happen next after receiving your NOA2. What I will tell you what my fiancé and I have done so far, he has gotten his immunization records and has found out the cost of his police certificate, certificate of non-impediment, he has studied interview questions and I've even quizzed him on them to make sure he's answering them with confidence and no hesitation (although he knows me better than anyone I've ever been with...ha). I've filled out the I-134, already compiled my financial documents that are gonna be needed to show support of financial stability, and updated our letter of intent letters. The only thing left for us to do is he has to get passport photos and I have to print out additional pictures and chat logs for additional proof of ongoing relationship, (although I doubt I will need much of that since I will be attending his interview which is proof enough in itself). Also, I have started to prepare our home for his arrival - getting closet and drawer space ready, buying clothes he's gonna need when he arrives (I live in Delaware and he's from Jamaica so outside of jeans he has, he doesn't own a coat or sweaters and other warm clothes that he's gonna need).

These are just some of things I've done so far, not just because it has to be done, but it does help with the waiting because I know once our NOA2 comes, EVERYTHING goes soooooooooooo fast I want to be prepared. I recommend that you all read up on the next steps so that you are ready to continue on with this process because there's so much that you need to know and I'm not just talking about the information up to the interview. Start to prepare for the AOS filing after marriage which means starting reading up on the requirements and what it will be necessary to get through that process because that is even a longer wait to get the GC. With government changes every day, knowledge of this whole process is definitely the key to a successful journey.

Lastly, USCIS is not "skipping" around cases just because. CSC handles all immigration petitions of all types, so your WAC# is the number privy to your K1, but the case before or after can be another type of immigration petition. USCIS adjudicators are trained to handle and process all of them. So, try not to take it so personally if you see an approval for a case that is after yours - it might not necessarily be a K1. Also, do not determine your NOA2 date on the estimated timeline that VJ is providing you. VJ is not USCIS and this is an estimated timeline based on VJ members who have created a timeline and update their timelines correctly and timely. If you continue to use their estimated timeline as a factual timeline, the only thing you're gonna cause is more heartache, anxiety and frustration!!!!

We're almost there guys - it's coming!!!! :D

Thank you!!  We are very prepared for the next step, just need this one so we can press GO.  Thanks for the lift up!  Best of luck to all of us still waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, June2017UK said:

An ex adjudicator also refers to targets here.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Thank you so much for posting this link. All May filers should read this as it should end the continuous speculation of how this process works. It answers most questions people continue to ask here. In sum, if you are "skipped" they are probably checking out a "hit" they received from the data bases they cross check. He also discussed the process and why they are so behind most of the time. Good luck all...and yes, each adjudicator is different and processes files in their own way within the parameters of there instructions. Some are tougher than others...it is like a shot in the dark :(

Edited by pmeyer1229

Timeline
2 hours ago, kat.cap13 said:

NO!!!!! You must call 3 times...that is how it worked for our other May filer...BTW...Congrats :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys..my fiance just called uscis..they just told him to wait for  another one month...by the end of November..m so worried.. Its already more than five months..do they r doing according to what they told him now...iss there are chances of happen same what they said.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, kat.cap13 said:

LOL it worked! Got my case number :D 

Great! Best of luck to you and yours....I hear things move very fast now :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, vml said:

Hey guys..my fiance just called uscis..they just told him to wait for  another one month...by the end of November..m so worried.. Its already more than five months..do they r doing according to what they told him now...iss there are chances of happen same what they said.

Do your best to stay patient and positive🙂  Over the past several months, if you go back through the posts in different monthly forums, you'll see that it is a very typical response for the the government to tell you to wait another 4 to 6 weeks. Many people, who have posted on here, get their matters resolved earlier than that, though some do end up waiting that 4 to 6 weeks. 

It is hit or miss. I'm a firm believer they have standard statement scripts they stick to in response to inquiries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, vml said:

I think that they say that so you stop calling them. This is a waiting game and we need to have a lot of patience.  NOA2 will come.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.