smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, tlehrer said:

Can you tell me how you got a tier 2 officer? I tried asking about my background check and they said nobody has access to that information and I smell BS coming from the tier 1 agent

I tried calling before I got my RFE asking similar things about the background check and they would never connect me. Today I told them that I didn't think the tracker was updating because I noticed using the app that RFE responses received after mine were approved. I tried to be nice but eventually I just told them that I was requesting them to connect me to a tier 2 officer. This approach of saying the tracker doesn't seem to be working has worked for me and a couple of other people. 

I really don't know how to connect to ask about background checks so maybe someone who has been successful could chip in? 

Best wishes to you! 

NOA1 Received Date: April 27th, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: May 1st, 2017

RFE email notice: September 25th, 2017

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th, 2017

USCISs Response to RFE received: September 29th, 2017

NOA2: October 10th, 2017

NVC Received and Case Number Assigned: October 24th, 2017

NVC Left and Consulate Received: October 26th, 2017

Medical Exam: November 7th, 2017

Interview: December 5th, 2017 APPROVED

Visa on hand: December 8th, 2017

POE (LAX): December 12th, 2017

Well, should anybody else need me to rub my crystal ball, as @K+D can attest, I read future and fortunes very well, other than lottery numbers. Hurl in while it's hot :innocent:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
30 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

There is always waiting.. I'm getting so frustrated with NVC now, it's been 21 days since noa2 and nothing. @mcs did you get lucky on this? :/ 

No, not yet... I'm going to try them again this afternoon... hopefully, they'll have at least received it from USCIS...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Well, should anybody else need me to rub my crystal ball, as @K+D can attest, I read future and fortunes very well, other than lottery numbers. Hurl in while it's hot :innocent:

looking for a rub on your crystal ball for 16062 please!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 minutes ago, K+D said:

Had the craziest/greatest of Monday mornings ever. I started calling immigration super early to try to get an update on my case. Eventually I convinced the person to connect me with a tier 2 and was put on a call back with average wait time 81 minutes. During that time, I got the email the USPS about the informed delivery digest....and it had a letter from USCIS in it!!! I was jumping but I didn't want to become too overjoyed. I just got the callback and I was told that my case was approved! My tracker didn't update which is kind of weird because I was getting updates all along, even that they had received my RFE. The notice is dated 10/10/17! And who says Mondays are bad???? 

NOA1 received: April 27th

NOA1 notice date: May 1st 

RFE email: September 25th

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th

RFE response received by USCIS: September 29th

NOA2 notice date: October 10th

Thank you so much !!!! I just got the callback from USCIS and I am approved!!

Congratulations!!!!  :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mcs said:

No, not yet... I'm going to try them again this afternoon... hopefully, they'll have at least received it from USCIS...

Please keep me updated! They said they didn't receive ours yet :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No updates seen so far on the scan. Almost like the cases are being Approved or getting RFE's but their online system isn't updating.

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alice L said:

I got the case number from nvc but unable to get the status from website it says your search data not found

What to do?

Oh that's good news. How was your approach with NVC people? Maybe we are doing something wrong lol 21 days is too much :(

when did you get the number? If it was like today maybe they just created it but not in the tracker yet

1 hour ago, Julie and Kerren said:

looking for a rub on your crystal ball for 16062 please!!

Ok, Let's see ... you get a free ride due to a good tip about the Spinach App ..... so...... your case is done !

Free feel to call USCIS, just try gently, so they don't blow you off. The online update will update on Friday, as your case was done last week B-)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

No updates seen so far on the scan. Almost like the cases are being Approved or getting RFE's but their online system isn't updating.

I sure hope so

Timeline
3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Ok, Let's see ... you get a free ride due to a good tip about the Spinach App ..... so...... your case is done !

Free feel to call USCIS, just try gently, so they don't blow you off. The online update will update on Friday, as your case was done last week B-)

Thanks @The Squirrel, you know this or it's your crystal ball, lol?  Calling them, they will give me an update?  Waiting til Friday will be crazy :).  Thank you!!

3 minutes ago, Julie and Kerren said:

I sure hope so

It is sad that our tax dollars pay there salaries and we americans can not get a simple question answered about ourselves

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.