smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, LabOz said:

I did that already. Possible Troll LOL

Or maybe Hola and Amigo are royalty now.

Hm, maybe. I noticed according to the VJ data they're about 20% through May applications. At what % of April did they start processing the May ones? I think it was around 50% but maybe someone else remembers different/better? I bring this up because maybe they're just at the point to where they're getting started on the next month's. (*insert shrugging emoticon here, since they don't have that option above....:rolleyes:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

Bets, bets, place your bets! How many May NOA2 will USCIS approve this week?!?!

Well I don't know about all of USCIS but as far as VJ members for K-1 the average has been 5-6 per day with normally one day having only 1 or 2 approvals (Zumba Wednesday)

So I'll go with 27-35

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hey Jude said:

As far as I know and according to my attorney you can not expedite a K1 fiancee visa, I asked Him to expedite mine and He told me only if you are in the Military.  I am a May 15 Noa 1 receive date, 153 days. Hopefully soon. Keep the faith my VJ May filers family!

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Yup military is the main reason but there are others.

Would not really help any May filers at this point as they are so near approval anyways.

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
57 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I looked at Android apps, there is few of them

USCIS Case Status by Aries Software Studio

USCIS Case Status by Spinach Mobile

USCIS Case Tracker Pro by Husup!

USCIS Case Status by Roberto Martin

Would members be so kind to elaborate which is the best for daily updates, all the goodies we need?  

Spinach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Mayer’s, I have been filling the DS160 and I have a few questions. @LabOz would appreciate your help

1.  National identification number- Is that supposed to be my Indian passport number or should I click does not apply since it’s not a US id number?

2. Person/ Entity paying for your trip- Should it be Self or Other Person? (I’ll be paying for my own plane tickets)

3.  On all the boxes where it asks for given names, should it be just the first name or the first and middle names?

4. For the level of education, do I enter all my institutions since and including high school or just the latest one?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks 😊

Timeline
50 minutes ago, TrIndie said:

Hi Mayer’s, I have been filling the DS160 and I have a few questions. @LabOz would appreciate your help

1.  National identification number- Is that supposed to be my Indian passport number or should I click does not apply since it’s not a US id number?Does not apply

2. Person/ Entity paying for your trip- Should it be Self or Other Person? (I’ll be paying for my own plane tickets)They don't care who pays they just want to know so you can put self or beneficiary 

3.  On all the boxes where it asks for given names, should it be just the first name or the first and middle names?I put first and middle

4. For the level of education, do I enter all my institutions since and including high school or just the latest one?they want to know everything about you so include it all, you can add unlimited amount it should just keep asking if if you have another to input. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks 😊

Good luck there.

The photo loading can be tricky so you may have to play around with it or adjust the size.

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Good luck there.

The photo loading can be tricky so you may have to play around with it or adjust the size.

Steven

Thanks. That was really helpful. I haven’t gotten around to upload the photo yet. I need to go get my picture taken first because although it hasn’t been 6 months from the last picture, I have my hair cut really short now. 

What did you use to resize our photo?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know how long the police certificate from the UK is valid for - for example if I got my police certificate 8 weeks before my interview would they accept it? I want to be organised early but haven't had NOA2 yet 

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Timeline
2 hours ago, LucyDolly said:

Does anyone know how long the police certificate from the UK is valid for - for example if I got my police certificate 8 weeks before my interview would they accept it? I want to be organised early but haven't had NOA2 yet 

Hey Lucy Dolly

This is stated at the top of the 2nd page of the London US Embassy’s K visa checklist. I think you’ll be fine with your 8-week plan. I understand it takes about 10 days to receive it.

“Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden 
name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 
months only. If your UK police certificate expires before the date of your visa interview, you must obtain a
new one.

Edited by June2017UK

Timeline
1 minute ago, June2017UK said:

Hey Lucy Dolly

This is stated at the top of the 2nd page of the London US K visa checklist. I think you’ll be fine with your 8-week plan. I understand it takes about 10 days to receive it.

“Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden 
name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 
months only. If your UK police certificate expires before the date of your visa interview, you must obtain a
new one.

Thanks so much for this - in that case I will apply for my police certificate this week. I like being prepared and I don't want anything I'm doing to slow this down, USCIS are already moving like a tortoise :wacko:

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.