smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Okay, that's good to know to those that are not USC. But when you are providing copies of pages from your US passport, you typically have to provide a copy of ALL the pages not just the bio and stamped pages. The US passport is used to validate the USC citizenship should they not have access to the BC, but is also used to show stamps of travel. Although, stamps of travel does not show proof of meeting. Either way, when you are providing copies of the pages from the US passport it is typical to supply all pages has the passport can come in a book of 52 or 28 pages (if I'm not mistaken).

But again, this will come down to the adjudicator which I am not an adjudicator. I have seen it in both instances where RFE's have been requested for all pages and others where they have not. The reviewer will make that determination.

I wish you the best of luck! 🙂

I may be in the same boat is you then.

I only provided my US birth certificate and pages of my passport travel stamps/his passport travel stamps and the front identification picture photo with the details of our passports.

who knows🤔

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hadassah123 said:

That's what I thought, and don't remember reading anywhere, so we did not include my (beneficiary) bio passport page with our application. However - I have seen people in the March and April threads get RFEs for it.

My fiance (petitioner) sent a copy of his birth certificate, not copies of all pages of his passport.

Guess we'll see if we get an RFE or not.

I'm hoping you won't get one, and mine will follow your case by not getting one :) 

2 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I wish you the best of luck! 🙂

I may be in the same boat is you then.

I only provided my US birth certificate and pages of my passport travel stamps/his passport travel stamps and the front identification picture photo with the details of our passports.

who knows🤔

I wish you the best of luck as well.

Not sure how what you mean by being the same boat. I provided my a copy of my BC and all my passport pages from beginning to end, stamped and unstamped just to be on the safe side because of the stories that adjudicators get a bit ####### and picky depending who is reviewing your case, and I'm a natural born USC.  

I'm sure you will be fine with what you provided but only time and USCIS will tell...just like with my case. :)

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline
1 hour ago, hihi said:

yes. but this site doesn't look like a dating site. i met my fiancé in a public room where lots of people talking about everything and i didn't know anybody here. then we moved to skype to have a private chat. hope i won't get rfe because of this

I met my fiancé on Tinder whilst he was living in the UK and then we met in person shortly after and spent several days together each week for 4 months until he left the UK. We have visited each other in the UK and US around 8 times since. Will initially making our first contact on Tinder cause an issue at all? I never considered it would cause an issue ?!

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

2 minutes ago, LucyDolly said:

I met my fiancé on Tinder whilst he was living in the UK and then we met in person shortly after and spent several days together each week for 4 months until he left the UK. We have visited each other in the UK and US around 8 times since. Will initially making our first contact on Tinder cause an issue at all? I never considered it would cause an issue ?!

from my perspective, they can give rfe for who meet through sites doubted a part of IMB. so i cant say ur safe or not.it also depends on what u wrote in your timeline. but i know someone met through OKcupid and they had no problems. good luck to u

Timeline
1 minute ago, hihi said:

from my perspective, they can give rfe for who meet through sites doubted a part of IMB. so i cant say ur safe or not.it also depends on what u wrote in your timeline. but i know someone met through OKcupid and they had no problems. good luck to u

Thanks good luck to you too. I included a typed internet link to Tinder's terms of service in the petition and advised that it is not an IMB. Hopefully whoever reviews our file will have prior knowledge of what Tinder is

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

1 hour ago, Hadassah123 said:

That's what I thought, and don't remember reading anywhere, so we did not include my (beneficiary) bio passport page with our application. However - I have seen people in the March and April threads get RFEs for it.

My fiance (petitioner) sent a copy of his birth certificate, not copies of all pages of his passport.

Guess we'll see if we get an RFE or not.

The purpose of the copying your passport has 2 valid reasons: 1) to validate that the petitioner is a USC, 2) for additional proof of meeting (not the only proof for meeting in person).

USCIS says that they only require either or for proof of citizenship because 1) there are petitioners who acquired the citizenship via naturalization and weren't born in the US which then the US passport validates citizenship; 2) some people truly have lost their BC (I've lost mine plenty of times and the last time Homeland Security didn't return my BC when I applied for my US passport a couple of years ago).

With all of that said, I decided to include both because USCIS - just like any other US government agency - has a tendency to be picky and ####### depending on how that person feels that day. I didn't include my fiancé's passport info because it's truly not needed at this stage but will be needed at the embassy for the interview. Many times, foreigners don't have a passport at the time the USC files the petition but acquire one prior to interview.

I don't want anyone hear taking my word as 100% fact that you will get a RFE for not providing all pages of the US passport. I think we all have enough anxiety with the waiting that we don't need anymore. All I can say is that I've seen both ways where some do get a RFE requesting all the pages be copied and others don't. But I did copy all my pages because I'm damn near OCD, and I didn't want to leave any stone unturned and with give USCIS any reason to delay my petition - especially since I know my fiancé is coming from a high-risk fraud country.

What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. Everything is case by case basis. For all I know I may get a RFE (which at this point I would welcome a RFE or approval because I know my case has been touched) - I just can't imagine what they would give me one for after EVERYTHING I put in my packet.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

9 minutes ago, LucyDolly said:

Thanks good luck to you too. I included a typed internet link to Tinder's terms of service in the petition and advised that it is not an IMB. Hopefully whoever reviews our file will have prior knowledge of what Tinder is

so u dont need to worry. i get worried because i forgot to attach the term.

34 minutes ago, TrIndie said:

Can someone tell me if this is where I fill the DS 160 from?

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Yes it is :)

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nenaa said:

Hello im a may 15 filer still waiting on my noa2... 

Welcome!  2 May filer here, waiting impatiently!  Great to be on here though, if it were not for @Shoegum we all May filers would be up the walls.  Plus the support you hear from everyone going through the same thing, definitely helps!

Timeline

*Flu Jab*

As per a conversation I've had with @LucyG289 I can only speak for UK May filers waiting on NOA2s. Plan and get your flu jab sorted if you're under 65 or don't meet the gp criteria you'll have to pay for it and go somewhere private,  Knightsbridge will charge around £40+ for this if you haven't had it done before your medical where's as tesco or boots its around £13.00.

I had my flu jab today eurgh yuck! Ftr so you all know, get the batch number and expiry written down by the company that do it as they won't add it to your medical record. Ask for any proof incl the reciept. Take all of that to your docs and they will then add it to your medical records you can then have this printed off. Got mine all sorted today just so its all easier as I dunno how knightsbridge would take proof if you just turned up with a reciept as that could be anyone's,  where as if its on your docs medical print out with the batch no. Etc on it I'd say that enough proof. 

Just trying to save you guys money and delays :)

Edited by JrJonesy4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.