smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, naija_queen said:

Thanks, Jessica all we can do is hope to hear back by November. We planned on doing a court wedding to fulfill the marrying in 90 days requirement for K-1 visa , and doing a wedding ceremony after. I have witnessed two Nigerian couples who paid deposits and planned weddings (during the K-1 visa process) and had to cancel their plans due to the visa not being issued by the time of the wedding.  This was in 2012, when I'm assuming the process went faster. Though I did not ask them how far in advanced they planned. I would not want to take the risk of paying any money before the visa is issued. I talked with my fiance and we agreed to wait, but we are considering reserving a date later next year in Nov or Dec. The places that we reserved initially included food, decorations, photographers, etc. Our initial plan was to pay the deposit and start a payment plan up to the wedding date of Aug. 25th. The venues made it clear that deposits paid were non-refundable. We are planning a large wedding with around 450 guests, and the estimated cost is a lot. Honestly, I have been feeling better since I have stopped stressing over if the visa will be issued by December, which was what when we thought the K-1 process would be done by. 

Let's hope we get our NOA2 before the month!!!

Haha wow, your wedding is going to be much bigger than ours! I can understand the desire to wait then since your deposit would be much bigger than what we paid. 

Fingers cross for NOA2s soon. At this point if it comes anytime in November I'll be happy, since then he should be in the US for our anniversary in March. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Bkelley said:

Just got our approval notice, YES ! :dance:

NOA1 was May 04

Congrats....so happy for you guys....and of course....a bit envious...but I wait my turn :) 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ox91 said:

Thank you! It was all a bit surreal really but I'm so happy to have finally crossed the finish line.

Our reference ends 316257.

Be warned, even though we did get confirmation from a Tier 2 yesterday, we were promised a call back in 2 hours... 3 passed, my fiancee called back, and the queue said 1,200 hours!! Thankfully, she received a call back an hour later when she was able to share the good news!

But isnt it that when you get approve even if webiste is not updated still they will send the mail to NVC?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jbgchristian said:

On day 151WAC1790322589

Filed may 8th,

Its been 6 months since i held her in my arms, checking status update at least 6 times a day.

We met while i was in the military and since getting out she has helped me through the ups and downs and it hurts so much to be apart from her.

Great story. Love sure is grand. You will have your NOA soon.

Thanks for sharing

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 hours ago, jsteve01 said:

How do you used that function.  I downloaded the app yesterday and can't even get it to remember my case.  

Go to the section « search ». If you can’t find it, send me a message and I’ll send you a screenshot? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

I looked at I-134 and it was asking for 3 years of taxes, do i really need 3 years? 

What about assets i have none?

Do not have savings either kind of got me worried even though i am well above the poverty line.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you don't have copies you can get transcript here for free.

Assets are not required as your income is above the threshold. 

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiancé called the senator who was helping us and she said that our case is in the final process and should be approved in the next few days... I am so sick of waiting... The universe is definitely testing our patience (NOA1 May 3rd) 

BTW, a friend of mine who is in California said he’s working on Monday and that California doesn’t celebrate this holiday. Maybe Cali Center people will work after all? (I could be wrong) 

Timeline
7 hours ago, heartinKorea said:

I just spoke with a tier 2 officer. They gave me the same standard answer, "We're currently processing March 1 cases". 

I asked additional questions like "has the background check been done?" "Are there any derogatory marks?" "Has it been assigned to an officer?" 

She couldn't answer any of these questions, and said that she could submit a service request for the case to check on it. Has anyone done this? 

I declined to submit the service request because I am afraid it could slow the processing down. Has anyone had experience with this? 

NOA1: May 15 :( 144 days. 

It will not slow down your processing but you are really close another 10-12 days or so most lately have been around 155-160.

Get busy on the DS-160 to help pass some time.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

I know I'm a broken record here to most about it LOL

Steven

3 hours ago, Bkelley said:

Just got our approval notice, YES ! :dance:

NOA1 was May 04

Congratulations :jest:

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Marion said:

BTW, a friend of mine who is in California said he’s working on Monday and that California doesn’t celebrate this holiday. Maybe Cali Center people will work after all? (I could be wrong) 

Many in California (and in the US) don't celebrate this day.  It's a Federal Holiday though, so you may see things like the Federal Reserve Bank and US bond markets closed as well (though the stock market will be open).

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Marion said:

My fiancé called the senator who was helping us and she said that our case is in the final process and should be approved in the next few days... I am so sick of waiting... The universe is definitely testing our patience (NOA1 May 3rd) 

Its a federal holiday, all fed employees are off

Timeline
5 hours ago, kannan said:

4 months for expedited case? I Would expect to be 2 months or less, or at most 3 months.

They may not have qualified earlier on and then something happened that allowed them to expedite recently. Just speculation who knows maybe their file fell on the ground and someone picked it up and worked it. LOL

1 month ahead does not sound like much time saved but this time last year case were only taking 30 days for NOA 2 without expedite.

Steven

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.