smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brntorun said:

I was looking at the last scan that was done last night, the last approved case is like 4#s away from mine :(

That's exactly how it went for me until yesterday afternoon and then, there was my number, right at the very top of the approval list.  Keep the faith... yours is coming really really soon.  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

@mcs thank you for your support!! I'm glad you finally get your NOA2! Although you're an early May filer... Taking into account that I'm a mid-May filer I think I still have to wait for at least 1 month.

@John & Rose you're right, we should have hope!

@RcaliforniaR A few months ago I would tell you that the VJ timelines are accurate, for sure. But today I do think they are "broken" lol. I do not think I'm going to get my NOA2 in 10 days :girlwerewolf2xn:

@Brntorun OMG!!!!! HANG ON THERE!!!!!!! you're almost there!

Thanks for the support!!! You're amazing :)

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mcs said:

That's exactly how it went for me until yesterday afternoon and then, there was my number, right at the very top of the approval list.  Keep the faith... yours is coming really really soon.  :) 

Kind of afraid to look at the next scan

🙄😏🙄😏🙄😏🙄😏🙄😏

8 minutes ago, RcaliforniaR said:

Hi May filers,

The wait is getting very hard now. We've come so far...just a little more to go. But it's still very difficult when like @Kirin2002 said, your whole life is on standby.

Based on the VJ timelines, our case will be reviewed end of October.

Are these timelines pretty accurate based on your experiences (those of you who are VJ experts?). 

To answer your question honestly....no, they are not accurate. VJ timelines are solely based on other VJ members updating their timelines accurately and correctly when they receive any information to their case. So the timeframe change every day - sometimes, the system will add more days, and then sometimes the days are going the other way.  All VJ timelines are estimations and should not be held as 100% factual timeframes for approvals.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Shoegum said:

Complete October 5th RAW Scan here - https://goo.gl/uutY2p

October 5th Evening Scan Number of Cases
Your Current Status: Case Was Approved 13
Your Current Status: Case Was Received At My Local Office 1
Your Current Status: Name Was Updated 1
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 21
Your Current Status: Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent 1
Grand Total 37

Thanks for all your work Shoegum.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

4 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

To all my May Filers,

I know that things right now are very discouraging and depressing as things have truly slowed down for us. When we started the process, we were looking at August being our month for approvals, but now we are all the way into mid-October/early November. Not really sure what words of encouragement I can give you all, because I, myself, am struggling just as bad as the rest of you.

The only thing I will say is, you have to keep the faith that you will get your approval. I know, easier said than done, but as it has been said plenty of times before by other VJ members in other forums, another day less is another day closer. For every case that has been approved today makes room for your case to be approved tomorrow and the days to come.

No I don't have a secret portion on how to cope, because truth of the matter is, I haven't been coping and it has started to affect my relationship with my fiancé - petty disagreements seem to be our new thing now; but we have come to realize that it's this waiting and uncertainty of not knowing that has us like this. I literally had to apologize to my fiancé a couple of hours ago because when I really looked at where it was all coming from, it's coming from the fact that I'm just really sick and tired of being stuck and not being able to be with the one I want to spend my life with every single night. But at the end of the day, I'm not gonna let this process destroy me, what me and my fiancé have worked hard for and what we are trying to build. We've come too far.

I share this with you all because I want you all to know that you're not alone and we are truly blessed to have a site like VJ so that we can rely on each other to get each other through this. We just gotta hold on and know that our "Golden Ticket" is right around the corner. Hopefully Tuesday will bring on a flood of multiple approvals on every day.

Thank you for this.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, heartinKorea said:

I just spoke with a tier 2 officer. They gave me the same standard answer, "We're currently processing March 1 cases". 

I asked additional questions like "has the background check been done?" "Are there any derogatory marks?" "Has it been assigned to an officer?" 

She couldn't answer any of these questions, and said that she could submit a service request for the case to check on it. Has anyone done this? 

I declined to submit the service request because I am afraid it could slow the processing down. Has anyone had experience with this? 

NOA1: May 15 :( 144 days. 

I am a May 15 filer too. They are working on May 4 and 5 now as these have  been the latest approvals. I would not worry too much about submitting anything now. We should be looked at in about 10 days to two weeks if they keep going at this pace...maybe a little slower as Monday is a Federal Holiday.

16 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Thank you for this.

Aww, no thanks is needed. I just hate to see people hurt and despair. This process is clearly not for the faint hearted but I think that all of these emotions are coming from a place that none of us have a control of this situation.

Truthfully, the rate things are coming, doing the spousal visa would have been the rest sometimes when I think about it. It cost a how lot less, you get all your AOS paperwork upfront and for this now to become a 7-9 month process, an extra few months probably wouldn't have made much of a difference, especially since I got every 2-3 months to go see my fiancé. But the "should of, could of, would of" is a waste to think about.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

11 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

I am a May 15 filer too. They are working on May 4 and 5 now as these have  been the latest approvals. I would not worry too much about submitting anything now. We should be looked at in about 10 days to two weeks if they keep going at this pace...maybe a little slower as Monday is a Federal Holiday.

I am may 2nd, no approval here

1 minute ago, kannan said:

somebody with NOA1 date of 6/1/2017 got approved on 10/2/2017; I don't understand how that works?

Most likely that case was an expedite case.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, kannan said:

somebody with NOA1 date of 6/1/2017 got approved on 10/2/2017; I don't understand how that works?

WOW, you are lucky!  Congrats!  I have a call back from USCIS in 35 min, going to see if there is any movement on mine, 2 May filer.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yace said:

I am may 2nd, no approval here

That must be so frustrating!!! I can't imagine seeing people who file later get approved before you (unless there is a RFE of course). There was a couple on here at 200+ days before approval and I felt so bad for them and also fear, with my luck, I will be a 200 days too before approval. I expect the worst and hope for the best. At May 2, you SHOULD hear something any MINUTE now...I pray you do as this system the USICS uses does not make sense to most of us. We all come up with theories, but what the hell is really happening here?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.