smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I looked at I-134 and it was asking for 3 years of taxes, do i really need 3 years? 

What about assets i have none?

Do not have savings either kind of got me worried even though i am well above the poverty line.

If your taxes show that youre above the line, you do not need to have any of those. 

And I think one year of taxes should be fine, but I'm taking two just to be safe

Edited by AnaMolina

20 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I looked at I-134 and it was asking for 3 years of taxes, do i really need 3 years? 

What about assets i have none?

Do not have savings either kind of got me worried even though i am well above the poverty line.

Same here.  Two checking accounts.  No savings account and no assets but well above the minimums.  It is what it is.  My guess is they won't even care as long as you show the income meets the requirement.

I use TurboTax so I printed up 3 years worth.  I hear that they generally dont even look at this during the interview in the Philippines.  They may look at it prior to the interview though.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

They called back but missed call, will uscis call again or do i

They called me back and gave me the same spew still processing and to wait another month or two, she sounded like she has had a bad day already very monotone in response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

They called me back and gave me the same spew still processing and to wait another month or two, she sounded like she has had a bad day already very monotone in response.

Yup... sounds just like my experience... the guy who called me back sounded just barely above lifeless; the good news is that, one week later, I got my approval notice... so keep the faith; you're really close.  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive been thinking about why this takes so long, it shouldnt

If all the govt agencies computers talked to each other this whole noa2 should be done in a month

Everything an american turns in is on file somewhere

Passport- homeland sec

Income taxes- irs

Background checks, just for me, i have

Haz-mat cdl- homeland sec every 2 years

Conceal carry permits- every 5 yrs

I work on military bases all yr, thats another check for every base

The govt has your whole life somewhere on file

The longest part would be the beneficiaries background, dont know if thats done here or at the embassy

Sorry, im ranting

This is crazy

Timeline

Just called USCIS, talked to the lady about the status on my case which she told me that it is still in normal processing range,
I asked if i can be sent to a different tier and she transferred me to tier 2, i had to wait for a call back in about 90 mins.

Received the call, was told the same that the case is in normal processing times as they are still processing cases from March 1.

He told me that if I don't hear anything or receive mail in 68 days which is around Dec 15. I should call back and they will process it right away.

Sounds horrible but i do hope that they see that I'm inquiring about my case and it will notify them that the person who submitted it hasn't forgotten about the K1 application.
If i get approved by next or the following week then this may prove that calling tier 2 might help somehow.

Edited by munbei

18 minutes ago, Brntorun said:

Ive been thinking about why this takes so long, it shouldnt

If all the govt agencies computers talked to each other this whole noa2 should be done in a month

Everything an american turns in is on file somewhere

Passport- homeland sec

Income taxes- irs

Background checks, just for me, i have

Haz-mat cdl- homeland sec every 2 years

Conceal carry permits- every 5 yrs

I work on military bases all yr, thats another check for every base

The govt has your whole life somewhere on file

The longest part would be the beneficiaries background, dont know if thats done here or at the embassy

Sorry, im ranting

This is crazy

The crazy part is they really only look at the petition for between 5 and 10 minutes and the whole approval process is around 20 tops.  We wait 5 months just to have someone take a quick look.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

The crazy part is they really only look at the petition for between 5 and 10 minutes and the whole approval process is around 20 tops.  We wait 5 months just to have someone take a quick look.

I know, its insane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

WARNING, RANT INCOMING:

Deppresing Friday... I can't stop thinking about this sh**. I was trying to feel happy thinking that maybe calling the USCIS could help the approval but after reading you guys and your bad experiences with the USCIS today I do not tell my fiancé to call and we'll wait one more week or so. Wait for another 70 days? That would make 220 days in total. Are they insane? I would like them to feel how does it feel to have your WHOLE LIFE in a standby status because of all this paperwork. Everybody here is waiting, pausing their lives for MONTHS only to be able to stay with their SO's in another country. This is so so unfair.

/rant off

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

1 minute ago, Kirin2002 said:

WARNING, RANT INCOMING:

Deppresing Friday... I can't stop thinking about this sh**. I was trying to feel happy thinking that maybe calling the USCIS could help the approval but after reading you guys and your bad experiences with the USCIS today I do not tell my fiancé to call and we'll wait one more week or so. Wait for another 70 days? That would make 220 days in total. Are they insane? I would like them to feel how does it feel to have your WHOLE LIFE in a standby status because of all this paperwork. Everybody here is waiting, pausing their lives for MONTHS only to be able to stay with their SO's in another country. This is so so unfair.

/rant off

I am hoping the "wait another 68 days" was just a canned answer and munbei get's there approval later today or on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday).  I still have a spark of optimism...so far... 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

it is too quiet on here today ;).  Us May filers are super anxious for sure.  I'm hoping for any day now.  Not sure if I should call, if that will just upset them and put my package on a different pile, lol. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi May filers,

The wait is getting very hard now. We've come so far...just a little more to go. But it's still very difficult when like @Kirin2002 said, your whole life is on standby.

Based on the VJ timelines, our case will be reviewed end of October.

Are these timelines pretty accurate based on your experiences (those of you who are VJ experts?). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kirin2002 said:

WARNING, RANT INCOMING:

/rant off

Hang in there is the best advice that I can give you; when I called last week at my 150 day mark, they told me the same thing... it could be another two months, blah blah blah... but then I got my approval yesterday at 155 days from my NOA1 date (157 days from my USCIS received date).  Just know that it will happen; I know that it's easy for me to say now that I'm finally on the "other side" but, believe me, I was feeling exactly like you are now.  I hope that you will receive your approval soon.  :) 

/attempt at consoling off

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kirin2002 said:

WARNING, RANT INCOMING:

/rant off

I was looking at the last scan that was done last night, the last approved case is like 4#s away from mine :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.