smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Hey, how do you view cases being approved for others? :) 

It’s on the app called case tracker you can look for the status of cases similar to you :) 

8 hours ago, mcs said:

This just in... I wish that my lovely Roma had not gone to bed right before I received word... we've been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no emoticon here that expresses how happy I feel!!!!  :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"On October 5, 2017, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WAC1790314257. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Congratulations!!! 😊

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

On 10/5/2017 at 1:37 AM, Trinab80 said:

You should be okay for your wedding day! Once you get the NOA2, everything moves faster and is based on how fast you and your fiancé want things to go. Things move much faster after the NOA2.

My wedding date is 12/30/2017 and I'm holding on to faith that we can keep that date although my venue is fully aware about the possibility of our date being changed if necessary. As long as he can get here 2-3 before the wedding, things will be fine.

hope u can get NOA2 asap.  For HK, still need around 3 months to get the visa.  my parents and friends booked the flight ticket already, so I can not change the date. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all. I'm here waiting just like everyone else. It's day 129 for me. This fiancee visa process has been very stressful for me (and everyone else of course ;)). The VJ site and especially this thread has been helpful, and let's me know that I am not alone lol! USCIS received my case on May 30th. From the way things are processing, I would consider myself lucky to hear back by the end of November. I was originally planning for an August 2018 wedding in the US, but the way things are progressing that would be difficult to arrange because we were wanting a big wedding. From the way things are going, it is possible that he may not be issued a visa until Feb '18 or March '18. There will be an additional wait if an RTE is issued.

I've read that it is recommended to hold off on paying deposits, paying vendors, and securing a date for a wedding until a visa is in hand. We don't want to lose our money. While we are counting the days, I will be going to Nigeria this December to visit my fiance. I was very nervous at first about not hearing back before I go, but I haven't seen my fiance since May and miss him so much. I've made peace with myself that I will enjoy my vacation with my love whether I get a response or not before I leave. Thanks for reading my little vent/introduction lol! I pray everyone who filed in May hears back within the next 3-4 weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
22 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

Same here I be happy with a Oct NOA2 lets pray

Same but I expect November to be honest. They are still very slow...

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, vml said:

Is your NOA 2 date is according to the estimated dates of Vj timeline or it crosss some days after  that ??

Sorry for my delayed response. I stopped looking at my VJ estimates because it would just move forward every week that went by that i wasn't approved LOL

150-160 seems to be the average if there is such a thing.

Even that is a moving target one way or the other.

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Sorry for my delayed response. I stopped looking at my VJ estimates because it would just move forward every week that went by that i wasn't approved LOL

150-160 seems to be the average if there is such a thing.

Even that is a moving target one way or the other.

Steven

okay lets see how many days they wil take to approved. 149 days today ..i hope i will get soon before 20 October..  .thanku for replying..

Edited by vml

Timeline
11 hours ago, Yace said:

Day 156, May 2nd filer... No end in sight :(

Hang in there 150-170 is a range that you are already in so any day now.

Probably a big push of case tomorrow last day before 3 day weekend.

Just now, LabOz said:

Hang in there 150-170 is a range that you are already in so any day now.

Probably a big push of case tomorrow last day before 3 day weekend.

Hoping mine will be tomorrow but thinking actually be next week

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, naija_queen said:

Hello all. I'm here waiting just like everyone else. It's day 129 for me. This fiancee visa process has been very stressful for me (and everyone else of course ;)). The VJ site and especially this thread has been helpful, and let's me know that I am not alone lol! USCIS received my case on May 30th. From the way things are processing, I would consider myself lucky to hear back by the end of November. I was originally planning for an August 2018 wedding in the US, but the way things are progressing that would be difficult to arrange because we were wanting a big wedding. From the way things are going, it is possible that he may not be issued a visa until Feb '18 or March '18. There will be an additional wait if an RTE is issued.

I've read that it is recommended to hold off on paying deposits, paying vendors, and securing a date for a wedding until a visa is in hand. We don't want to lose our money. While we are counting the days, I will be going to Nigeria this December to visit my fiance. I was very nervous at first about not hearing back before I go, but I haven't seen my fiance since May and miss him so much. I've made peace with myself that I will enjoy my vacation with my love whether I get a response or not before I leave. Thanks for reading my little vent/introduction lol! I pray everyone who filed in May hears back within the next 3-4 weeks!

I'm a June 12 filier so bit much behind you. My fiancé and I have put down a deposit for a wedding on August 11 next year. Our lawyer said to expect 8-12 months so we went with 14 to be safe. Best case we have a court house wedding ahead of time. There's a bit of a risk, but I'd rather pay a change fee than miss out on having my dream wedding. Obviously not everyone can take that risk, but in our case it was worth it. 

I hope you receive your NOA2 before you visit your fiancé (it seems like you should). I'm not sure of Nigerian timelines, but that will hopefully relieve some of your stress. :)

Edited by Jessica829

Timeline
8 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I figured that but I posted it just in case we had another lucky winner out there....lol

It's like Immigration BINGO. 

Except the winner yells "NOA"!!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Meech said:

6209 please!!!!

our app was received on May 2

:time:

Welcome aboard.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Edited by LabOz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.