smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kirin2002 said:

What's the difference between checking the case status online or running a scan?

Not much really. The information came from the same place: USCIS case tracker... but in the scan supposedly you have all the case numbers for the month, so that allows you to know how they are working over all (dates touched, cases appoved or RFEd around you and all that stuff) :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

what is it exactly you guys are using to run these scans? some script someone here at visajourney wrote? where can I download it? :)

BTW Trinab80, I just read you story...

On 6/3/2017 at 4:21 PM, Trinab80 said:

My fiance got approved for tourist visa in October 2016. [...]

And for this reason ALONE, is why any time he has to deal with our US government, I will be there every single time, no matter how much it will cost and no matter what it takes. 

this sort of thing makes me sick. the level of paranoia these people operate with is almost... cartoonish. I'm sorry he and you both had to go through that.

We're currently in Argentina and we had a plan to travel to the US together in a few months (me using my tourist visa), because my fiancée (the USC) has her best's friend wedding and I'm invited too. the idea was to be there for the wedding, maybe thanksgiving depending on interview dates, and then I'd come back here, do the interview, get the K-1; then go over there again using that visa if all went well. It'd have been more expensive but we really wanted to go to the wedding together. We ended up deciding to save the money and avoid the risk of me being denied entry because, how could I possibly intend to use a tourist visa while the K-1 is still in process, right..? I feel more and more like this is the wiser choice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kirin2002 said:

What's the difference between checking the case status online or running a scan?

running the month overall will tell us if any may cases are being touched/worked by them they have received even applicants that are not on VJ. That is why trying to figure out the number that is very first may case. There are people running them for others months. 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On 6/3/2017 at 8:23 AM, Trinab80 said:

My case is WAC1790339591 and I'm a May filer.

Looks like i may be may as well, I received email notification June 2nd, haven't received the NOA1 in mail yet however online shows received petition May 30

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, atif03 said:

Looks like i may be may as well, I received email notification June 2nd, haven't received the NOA1 in mail yet however online shows received petition May 30

you should be receiving the "hard copy" any time now..

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good news 4 cases from 1st weeks of March have now been approved (this might be old news to some).

Looks like around 90 days to NOA 2 on average.

So us May filers are around 1/3 or 1/4 of the way to our NOA 2's with any luck.

I-129F K1 Filers at the California Service Center - Approved Petitions

# Names Date Sent First NOA RFE Second NOA
1637 2017-02-15 2017-03-01   2017-06-03
page.png email-contact-green.gif  blank avatar Lianne and Joe
2017-02-24 2017-03-04   2017-06-02
1639 2017-02-24 2017-03-06   2017-06-02
page.png email-contact-green.gif  blank avatar Ryan and Iryna
2017-02-21 2017-03-06   2017-06-02
Edited by LabOz

4 hours ago, Matiela said:

what is it exactly you guys are using to run these scans? some script someone here at visajourney wrote? where can I download it? :)

BTW Trinab80, I just read you story...

this sort of thing makes me sick. the level of paranoia these people operate with is almost... cartoonish. I'm sorry he and you both had to go through that.

We're currently in Argentina and we had a plan to travel to the US together in a few months (me using my tourist visa), because my fiancée (the USC) has her best's friend wedding and I'm invited too. the idea was to be there for the wedding, maybe thanksgiving depending on interview dates, and then I'd come back here, do the interview, get the K-1; then go over there again using that visa if all went well. It'd have been more expensive but we really wanted to go to the wedding together. We ended up deciding to save the money and avoid the risk of me being denied entry because, how could I possibly intend to use a tourist visa while the K-1 is still in process, right..? I feel more and more like this is the wiser choice.

I totally understand why you guys made that decision, especially after our ordeal. However, if you guys planned to attend the wedding together and you have the invitation with your name on it showing you are invited, you might not have any issues with customs, I really don't know.

The whole point of him getting the tourist visa was to help lessen the load on me doing on the traveling, to meet my son in person, but to also get to see the environment that he will be choosing to live (what's is the most important thing to him is the cold weather, obviously because he lives in a 24/7 hot climate); and he would get to see what it's like here. Originally, we wanted to have a destination wedding Jamaica for family members that cannot come to the US to attend the wedding here, which the tourist visa would've helped with us having to do the spousal visa and the waiting over a year to get him here, but he still would have been able to come and visit and me vice versa. But that whole experience and cancelling the visa just ruined that idea.

What I'm praying is that this K1 process does not delay any further and stays on pace because his mom is currently in the US on her work visa (she works in Myrtle Beach, SC), but normally leaves to go back to Jamaica in mid-November. I'm praying that everything goes well and we can get him here and have the wedding so she can witness her son getting married before she goes. It's cutting it close but it can be done.

The only positive that came out of our horrible experience is just realizing more and more how much we love each other and will not allow anything or anyone or any government to tear us apart. So if it means me being the one do all the traveling back and forth until interview, that's what I'm gonna do!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

1 hour ago, atif03 said:

Your NOA1 should be in the mail before the week ends. Congrats and good luck!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Sent our packet in to the Dallas Lockbox on May 25, Received the notification text May 31 and just received our NOA1 hard copy in the mail today. So excited and now the waiting game. Good luck to all us May filers.

Edited by shaiboogie

4/1/2016: Met online
7/1/2016: communicated by email, text and skype
3/5/2017: He finally came to see me from Italy, stayed for a week
3/10/2017  : Proposed 
3/11/2017  : He went back to Italy 
5/25/2017  : Mailed our I-129F
5/26/2017  : Texas Lockbox received petition
5/31/2017  : Received Text
5/31/2017  : NOA1 Received

8/20/2017  : OFFICALLY ENDED RELATIONSHIP

2 minutes ago, shaiboogie said:

Sent our packet in to the Dallas Lockbox and just received our NOA1 hard copy in the mail. So excited and now the waiting game. Good luck to all us May filers.

Welcome and good luck to you on your journey!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Welcome and good luck to you on your journey!

Thank you and same to you as well.

4/1/2016: Met online
7/1/2016: communicated by email, text and skype
3/5/2017: He finally came to see me from Italy, stayed for a week
3/10/2017  : Proposed 
3/11/2017  : He went back to Italy 
5/25/2017  : Mailed our I-129F
5/26/2017  : Texas Lockbox received petition
5/31/2017  : Received Text
5/31/2017  : NOA1 Received

8/20/2017  : OFFICALLY ENDED RELATIONSHIP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I totally understand why you guys made that decision, especially after our ordeal. However, if you guys planned to attend the wedding together and you have the invitation with your name on it showing you are invited, you might not have any issues with customs, I really don't know.

The whole point of him getting the tourist visa was to help lessen the load on me doing on the traveling, to meet my son in person, but to also get to see the environment that he will be choosing to live (what's is the most important thing to him is the cold weather, obviously because he lives in a 24/7 hot climate); and he would get to see what it's like here. Originally, we wanted to have a destination wedding Jamaica for family members that cannot come to the US to attend the wedding here, which the tourist visa would've helped with us having to do the spousal visa and the waiting over a year to get him here, but he still would have been able to come and visit and me vice versa. But that whole experience and cancelling the visa just ruined that idea.

What I'm praying is that this K1 process does not delay any further and stays on pace because his mom is currently in the US on her work visa (she works in Myrtle Beach, SC), but normally leaves to go back to Jamaica in mid-November. I'm praying that everything goes well and we can get him here and have the wedding so she can witness her son getting married before she goes. It's cutting it close but it can be done.

The only positive that came out of our horrible experience is just realizing more and more how much we love each other and will not allow anything or anyone or any government to tear us apart. So if it means me being the one do all the traveling back and forth until interview, that's what I'm gonna do!

That just really made me feel some type of way. My fiance got denied a Visitors Visa. In fact they told him, how could he ever get someone like me, because he asked what I did and how much money I make in the US. Seemed ridiculous to me. Im a Paralegal at a law firm and I make 60k. My fiance is educated and speaks 5 languages. The Officer said I should just visit there. At least they denied him there. Getting denied at POE after making plans and paying money had to be just heartbreaking. Hopefully we all are successful and the process moves along quickly. Im returning on September 1 to Dakar Senegal. Hopefully by then his interview is scheduled but I plan on staying about 3 months. Ugh, the process is painful...... Best wishes to everyone

Hi! I'm from Dominican Republic and my fiance sent the petition on May 26, They received it on May 30 and we received our photo album back yesterday with a letter saying  "WE ARE RETURNING AN ITEM YOU SENT IN SUPPORT OF YOUR APPLICATION/PETITION, AS IT IS A FORMAT WE CANNOT PLACE IN YOUR FILE FOLDER FOR REVIEW BY AN OFFICER DURING THE ADJUDICATION PROCESS" and no NOA1. What you guys know about this? 

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

4 minutes ago, Lilly2302 said:

Hi! I'm from Dominican Republic and my fiance sent the petition on May 26, They received it on May 30 and we received our photo album back yesterday with a letter saying  "WE ARE RETURNING AN ITEM YOU SENT IN SUPPORT OF YOUR APPLICATION/PETITION, AS IT IS A FORMAT WE CANNOT PLACE IN YOUR FILE FOLDER FOR REVIEW BY AN OFFICER DURING THE ADJUDICATION PROCESS" and no NOA1. What you guys know about this? 

Do you know if your fiance used a personal check for the fee and if so, did they cash the check? If they did, then that would mean they accepted your petition. So have your fiance check if the payment has been accepted. Also, did they keep the pictures or return them to you?

USCIS doesn't accept photo albums. The pictures were suppose to go in a Ziploc bag or taped to a photo sheet and attached to the petition. It makes it easier for them to scan and send for review. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hello everyone

a new user over here :-)

i sent in my application on may 26th and it was received on may 30th.

i received the text on june 2 and that was the day they proccesed my check

is my NOA1 is when i get the message or when I actually receive the acceptance letter with the date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.