smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

That's right I should be asking you this since you just went through this.

When I go on the CEAC, they have a sample of the DS-160 which appears to be listed under non-immigrant Visa. So you're saying he should click no for Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?

I'm starting to wonder if I should fill this out for him just to ensure they aren't any mistakes. I can fill this out for him right?

Exactly, NO.

Yes, you can, though I keep thinking is easier for the beneficiaries to do it themselves because there's a lot of personal details.

He has to be the one signing the form, but it's ok if you fill it out :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

8 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Okay, here's another stupid question (I swear I should get a 3 stupid question minimum...ha)

So, I'm on the CEAC site and on there they have a sample of the DS-160 form. So of course, I printed it out and start reviewing it.

For my fiancé and I situation, he had been approved for a Tourist Visa October 2016, came to visit Thanksgiving week but was denied entry and made to fly back home - tourist visa was cancelled (it's a long, miserable, emotional story - it's actually how I stumbled over the VJ site last year and have been a member since).

My question is...on the sample application, I know he's gonna have to answer Yes for having been to the US, having been issued a US Visa and for being refused entry...But there's a question on here that says, "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS"? Would he be answering yes because I'm filing for him now or is this question posed for a prior person petitioning on his behalf?

@LabOz ...since you've done this before, when he clicks yes for the first questions above, does a separate entry populate for him to explain this or no?

NEVER MIND ON THIS QUESTION...........I SEE IT ON THE NEXT PAGE!!!!!!

I told you I should be allowed at least 3 stupid questions a day...I just wasted one! :huh:

There are no stupid questions! We are all here to help and support each other. Well...most of us....ahahahaha

Just now, Estibaliz said:

Exactly, NO.

Yes, you can, though I keep thinking is easier for the beneficiaries to do it themselves because there's a lot of personal details.

He has to be the one signing the form, but it's ok if you fill it out :)

The reason why I ask is because he's said he's gonna go to the computer/internet café and have one of the ladies there help him fill it out because they helped him last time when he filed for the tourist visa.

But I would want to make sure the information they put matches the information on the I-129F form.

It's my nerves that are getting the best of me because of what happened to us last year that I don't want anything to jeopardize us being here together.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

The reason why I ask is because he's said he's gonna go to the computer/internet café and have one of the ladies there help him fill it out because they helped him last time when he filed for the tourist visa.

But I would want to make sure the information they put matches the information on the I-129F form.

It's my nerves that are getting the best of me because of what happened to us last year that I don't want anything to jeopardize us being here together.

That's perfectly understandable. You can always review it afterwards, before he signs and submits it, for your peace of mind. Four eyes see more than two :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

1 minute ago, Estibaliz said:

That's perfectly understandable. You can always review it afterwards, before he signs and submits it, for your peace of mind. Four eyes see more than two :)

I'm gonna have to do that because I know he's gonna have to explain what happened last year when he tried to come visit me and I want to make sure it mirrors the addendum I added to the our petition. I don't want to give too much but I don't want to give too little information. I know less is more, but I don't want it to be too less or too much more.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, LabOz said:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/General-Tax-Tips/Guide-to-Filing-Taxes-as-Head-of-Household/INF23153.html

Link above, probably more than you wanted to know LOL

Married filing joint get you a deduction of about $3,500 more than Head of Household

That is our goal as well. Married before Dec 31. equals $$$ will need it for AOS LOL

I think i will go for this lol

decreasing my tax bracket for the year by getting married before Dec 31? Why not 😂😂

and use the extra $$$ for the wedding 👰 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So day 203 (March 13th) awaiting NOA2, so I called customer service and got the common they are still on March 1st received date, that it should be another 4 weeks for us :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

YESSSSSSSS.....okay, I will file married joint. I know that on the system it's gonna ask me the date of marriage anyway since I'm changing my filing status.

Thank you!

I was hoping to be able to do the same thing as long as you have the social number and married On or before December 31 you good.... I guess I wasn't the only one thinking about that lol 😂 

16 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

I was hoping to be able to do the same thing as long as you have the social number and married On or before December 31 you good.... I guess I wasn't the only one thinking about that lol 😂 

I'm always thinking ahead...lol!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 hour ago, LucyG289 said:

Welcome welcome!! Totally in the same boat my dear, I am the beneficiary here in the UK too and most of this process I feel my sanity sapping away! Bonkers is exactly the right word. 

My receive date is 10th May so we are about the same timeframes, sorry about the 3 week wait, how very frustrating. 

Best of luck to you and your fiance, I am rather hoping for Thanksgiving too or at least before Christmas to over there for good (L):dance: (I am not sure what this emoji is for - but I like the stomp!) 

Ahhh it's so lovely to know there's someone else from the U.K. With the same timeframe! Thank you so much for letting me know your situation... I hope it will be super quick for us after the approval!! Haha I love the emoji ;) xxxx

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

You have until April 16th next year (15th is a Sunday) to file taxes so if you are married by 12/31 you have over 4 months to get the SSN. Shouldn't be a problem and if it is you can always

request a free extension of time to file but you still have to compute how much you will owe and pay it BEFORE April 16th. Another option is to file an Amended return and you have 3 years from the due date of the return to file and amended one. Again don't think an extension or amendment will be necessary as SSN should be generated in time.

Steven

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hey Jude said:

I also called and spoke with a Tier 2 officer on Friday, They gave me the same story they gave you and the same story a Tier 1 officer gave me before I requested to speak to a Tier 2 officer, which  amounted to absolutely nothing. I have come to the conclusion that none of them know if they are coming or going.  Final analysis ----  I'm done trying to figure out when, and  I am going to continue to Pray, Trust God, and know that it is in His perfect time. Keep the faith all my Vj  pals and just know it will happen.  Day 141 - Noa 1 receive date May 14, 2017

I am with you!!!!! I have to put it in God's hands (as it always has been :) ) because we have no control over this process waiting for NOA2. Hopefully, we will see our Pina Princesses soon! I have not seen her since April and the Oxytocin withdrawal sucks (Oxytocin is the bonding hormone we make when in love and CLOSE to someone)....My Oxytocin doesn't touch her from 8k miles away :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.