smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, smilei said:

Hi! I've gone through this process and got my ACRO police Certificate already. If you have any questions, just let me know. For the endorser part, anyone who know what that fall on the categories above, even not a British citizen who lives in the UK, will be your endorser. Your fiancé and family won't count though. 🙂

Thank god i dont have to do that, i dont know 1 person that wouls be in that list

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Nah.  I know you are smart enough to know all this!!!  

We have many threads here that talk about everything the beneficiary has to go through...leaving their homes, leaving their families, moving up to half way around the world...yes, it is a huge commitment.

The petitioners also are making a huge commitment that sometimes gets lost here.  It isn't just financial.  There are many changes required by both parties!  I have lived alone for 7 years in a very nice one bedroom apartment...I have a feeling that won't work with 4 of us!!!!  

None of us should go into this blind.  Being 56 and looking to buy a house and support two more kids through college is not something I ever imagined.  I was looking for a rich woman to take care of me!!!!  LOL

:) I hear you.  I have three kids but older than 21 and a 14 yo step son and a 23 yo step daughter (who pulled a fast one on us. We didn't know her BF had moved here to chicago and one day she is walking out of the house with her suitcase for the airport... Mom didn't take long to tear into that one. So she ends of getting preg and not married yet. With some coaching by us and the site of a rifle in my hands we convinced them that marriage would be a good idea. So down to the courthouse they went). Now we have a 2 yo grandson that we are going to see tomorrow and all is well. We like her husband and this story ended well. He is in the Navy and leaving on a 8 month long West Pac trip next week.

With an open mind and lots of patience things seem to work out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 minutes ago, PilgrimUS said:

I don't misunderstand. I stated exactly that I am awaiting May to begin processing.  Laboz feels the need to explain to me what and who fits where. Super for him. I see things a different way. As for Attitude. I can and will be me and if no one likes that? there is a nice ignore/block option that anyone can feel free to use.  

:secret:Yup I too have ruffled a few feathers by not sugar coating my answers. Whooooo. Sometimes people have a different view of us who are more direct, not our fault. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

The filing costs for 3, the visa costs for 3, the medical costs for 3, the CFO costs for 3, the NBI costs for 3, the flight costs for 3, the AOS costs for 3 the GC costs for 3...yes, very expensive and worth every dime...

It would be great to see all the costs laid out in an easy to understand format.  I'm guessing that would stop some people from even filing!

When I started this process with my wife and knowing I had three just like you I was given a itemized list of the costs. It fit into my budget no problem BUT then after learning sometime later that there was AOS GC and another GC and then Nat oye vey :rolleyes:  Yup, worth every penny I spent.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

:secret:Yup I too have ruffled a few feathers by not sugar coating my answers. Whooooo. Sometimes people have a different view of us who are more direct, not our fault. :D

More direct is quite different than disrespectful... always.  :rolleyes:

Just now, mcs said:

More direct is quite different than disrespectful... always.  :rolleyes:

Agree.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, tpeach said:

Maybe I am anxious, but of course I am. Getting closer and closer to Noa2 I keep telling myself. At least my timeline has quit moving out each day or so. I don't understand how Igor's list is showing dates for CSC 129f processing when there is no such dates for CSC on the approvals. I know ignore those dates but I just can't seem to be able to. I just want them to be right if CSC 129f petitions are actually moving on those dates. Just like everyone waiting and want to move on with it. It will not be long until 5 months has passed. I was hoping October was going to be POE and that idea has been shattered, just now hoping before Christmas and that looks iffy. Got no choice but hurry up and wait.........and wait longer......Holding my last 2 weeks of vacation since I was with her last in Feb. Somewhere I have to make a decision to burn the vacation days and make a return trip without fear of being with Visa in hand by the end of the year. It could happen...Maybe.....or not....

Yup we are all in the same boat. It's all a big unknown. It will get approved but the question is when.

Hang in there. Start doing the DS-160 with her if you haven't already.

Still a good 4-6 hours of work time at CSC.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Having the opportunity to stand in the US Embassy in Manila was a real treat for me. I was able to be with my wife each step of the way. Once she arrived in front of the US CO then I was recognized by the CO politely and then was asked if I could have a seat in the waiting area while he conducted the interview. I have heard that some CO's let stand with her and others ask you have a seat. I had no problem taking a seat. I wasn't that far away that I could see them and it was a beautiful interview. I was so proud of my wife and step kids. While sitting I was close to another CO who was interviewing a sister who trying to pass off the boy who was with her as her own. CO uncovered that faux pas in a matter of minutes. DECLINED!!

So by all means, be at the interview as you will see how our country fets immigration. That place was jammed with people trying to get visas. The whole process runs very smoothly. Sometimes there are so many that I think to myself if everyone is leaving the PI who is going to be the last one that turns off the lights. :jest:

I would imagine it helps them decide on a case seeing that the fiance from the US actually took time to travel and be there with their fiance for the process.

Can't believe someone tried to do that.  They have to know they'll be found out.  I mean that is their job, lol.

I do worry on mine as I filed just a few days after returning and saw that raises a red flag.  I've already visited a 2nd time so if we get past this and to consulate they'll see more pics from last trip and help support we're serious.  My fiancee is also creating a scrapbook to show and for us to have to show our kids later.

That's pretty cool you got to go!  I'm looking forward to it!  I saw the embassy this trip from the road while driving (or stopped in traffic jam as always).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 hours ago, AnaMolina said:

We're not having a party, so it's not like we CANNOT change this and theres a lot of money involved lol

my noa2 received day is sept 23, I think 3 months is good anyway... I dont get if there was irony or sarcasm here, but again.. zero cares given ;) 

I didn't get it either. I think you will make it by then !!!! Good luck, sometimes it can be done in 6-8 weeks 😘

4 hours ago, Lilly2302 said:

Hey, I need to know if someone from Dominican Republic has filled in the DS160 form???

I have a question....

They ask about vaccination required to enter the united states...

What kind of proof you think they refer?

Hello, I'm from Haiti, but I live in Dominican republic ,so I received my noa1 may 16th, so I will update you if I have something new.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

I an happy to be me and let the world pass by. I am not here for kudo's, popularity, or to give verbal BJ's.   I come to get the information that matters most and that is a factual update on where the process is and where I am in this process. Don't like me? kick rocks. That's me Take me as I am or leave me alone. I'm content as the day I arrived. 

9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

When I started this process with my wife and knowing I had three just like you I was given a itemized list of the costs. It fit into my budget no problem BUT then after learning sometime later that there was AOS GC and another GC and then Nat oye vey :rolleyes:  Yup, worth every penny I spent.

No doubt.  Maybe it is better if we don't know ALL the details going in!!! ;)

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, JohnAna05823 said:

I would imagine it helps them decide on a case seeing that the fiance from the US actually took time to travel and be there with their fiance for the process.

Can't believe someone tried to do that.  They have to know they'll be found out.  I mean that is their job, lol.  You are right, they are trained to uncover this kind of shenanigans.  Sometimes ppl think they are smarter than the one in charge then reality sets in. They will be banned for at least 10 years. The mother was not to smart to cook this up. 

I do worry on mine as I filed just a few days after returning and saw that raises a red flag.  I've already visited a 2nd time so if we get past this and to consulate they'll see more pics from last trip and help support we're serious.  My fiancee is also creating a scrapbook to show and for us to have to show our kids later. USEM is one of the easiest to get a visa from. If you have everything they require then the process is simple. The whole interview will take all of 5 min. The CO has already look through your file for any questions that need answering so what they do on that day of the interview is pass you or if there are no red flags, and returning from a visit and filing your case is not a red flag so relax.

That's pretty cool you gotta go!  I'm looking forward to it!  I saw the embassy this trip from the road while driving (or stopped in traffic jam as always). My wife's interview was on a Monday and we go into Manila mid day on Sunday. We wanted to take a trip to the Embassy from our hotel so we would know how long it took and where it was. Once there I was bought to take a picture of the Embassy and the guards were all over me like flies on.... well you get the picture. NO PICTURE TAKING ALLOWED. lol

Top 10 Mistakes at Visa Interviews

The Visa interview is the most important part of the whole visa process. A successful interview has a positive impact on your visa being granted. Following are some of the most common mistakes people make during their interview.

1. Not Prepared Well for the Interview

Being prepared for interview can better equip you for the interview. Prior research and preparation for commonly asked questions and their appropriate answer will be helpful during the interview.

2. Not Providing Complete and Truthful Information

It is very important that you provide complete and truthful information. Any incomplete/false information can lead to unnecessary delays for you being approved. False information can have severe impact on your future ability to apply for a US visa. It may also cause you lot of frustration and legal actions against you.

3. Providing Incomplete Documentation

Have all the required documentation with complete and authentic information. Read all the prerequisites and prepare all the documents accordingly. Keeping your documentation well organized can also leave a positive impression on the consulate officer.

4. Not Carrying Appropriate Fee

US consulate has a strict method for payments. Make sure you know the method and the exact amount of the applicable fee. For example, most US consulates don't accept cash as the payment method and would prefer separate bank drafts for visa application and visa issuance fee. Refer to an appropriate source for more detailed information.

5. Providing Unnecessary Extra Information

Do not give away any information voluntarily which is not being asked. In many cases, people trying to be over confident and over smart give out more detailed answers than is required. This may trigger additional related questions which may not work in your favor.

For example:

Question: Why do you want to go to the US?

Wrong Answer: I want to see how USA is and if I like it I want to stay back with my son.

Preferred Answer: For tourism purpose and/or to spend some quality time with my son/daughter.

6. Inconsistent Information

Inconsistency in the information about what you provide in the documentation and what you say during the interview can go against your case.

7. Arguing with the Consulate Officer

Never ever make any arguments with the consulate officer. If you want to know more or need additional information ask in a polite manner.

8. Having Poor Communication

Poor communication is the number one reason  that affect your case in a negative way. If you're not good in English, you should request for a regional language interpreter.

9. Having too Much Communication (talking too much)

Remember, you are the one being interviewed and not the other way around. So, keep your communication brief and to the point. Speak only when asked for an answer. Give answers that are brief and don't go on and on.

10. Appearing to be Nervous

Being confident can bring positive results. Especially, in case of visa interview where a consulate officer has to rely on limited information provided by you. Their judgment is highly influenced by the way you react to questions, your body language, and the authenticity of you answers.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Yace said:

Day 150, We are hoping to get married the first week of December... The US Amsterdam Embassy is extremely quick, I have seen that the scheduled interviews sometimes as close as a week in advance. How long do you think it will be from NOA2 to Interview? Remember: Amsterdam goes at a very nice rate compared to many others. Thanks!! We want to give have an ideal date (not official) to look forward to :)

NVC is the other issues. They are averaging 12 to 21 days at this time I believe so you have to add that into the equation.

Hoping for a big push of approvals from CSC today...been kind of quite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.