smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, PygmyPuff said:

Hello all! I am one of those weirdos whose case is kinda in-between months (received date: April 28th, NOA1: May 2nd). But I've been hanging out in the April forum so I could see happy news getting closer. Anyway, I've been meaning to hop over here to say that we got our NOA2 notification on Monday! 150 days from received date. Hope is in the air! I'm so excited that they're progressing on cases and hopefully they'll be working their way all through May quickly! Hang in there everybody, I was so hopeless waiting, there were times I felt it would never happen and it was all just a dream. But approval is really coming! We'll all be with our loves soon!

Many congratulations :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You also might want to ask you questions over in the UK subforum where there are "experts" that help folks like you. They have the experience and the knowledge of what needs to be done.  Here is the link if you don't already have it. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

There is so much information in that sub-forum. 

Here is the poverty scale https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

The letter just needs to state your hire date, your position, your salary, your supervisor's name and position all on company letterhead.

DS-160 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-ds160complete.asp

DS-160 Instructions for complete the form:  (here)

Please review application instructions and complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application 
(DS-160) 

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ 

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

Here is how the new DS-160 is laid out by section (with a brief general description of each section).
PERSONAL 1 - name (first & middle in same space), sex, marital status, date & place of birth.
PERSONAL 2 - nationality and ID #s 
ADDRESS & PHONE - 
PASSPORT INFO - number, where issued, date issued and expiration date.
TRAVEL - purpose of trip to US and when and where
TRAVEL COMPANIONS - persons traveling with you.
PREVIOUS US TRAVEL
US CONTACT - name and address
FAMILY - father and mothers names and dates of birth, children or ex-spouse.
WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING - current employment and previous. Educational institutions attended. travel to any other countries?
SECURITY & BACKGROUND - bunch of Yes/No questions.

What about the endorser for the police certificate? Has anyone else filled that out online?

1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

I went through rapidvisa to file and did not include all passport pages at first but they would not continue with filing until all pages was sent in, i also sent front and back of passport book.

I used them too.  They asked for more details and additional information twice before they sent ours in.  It costs but that does give me a little comfort knowing that it was being looked at so closely before being filed.  I do not anticipate an RFE>

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, LabOz said:

Yes Christmas is a good goal

Hopefully changing the timeline input criteria can make it less confusing.

There appears to be another MAY approval today WAC1790314212 :dancing:

why is it that it seems papers are randomly picked? I checked numbers before that and they are still received. I just hope they randomly pick ours.

10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I used them too.  They asked for more details and additional information twice before they sent ours in.  It costs but that does give me a little comfort knowing that it was being looked at so closely before being filed.  I do not anticipate an RFE>

I would rather pay a little more through them then through a lawyer that could cost a ####### load or do myself and get a RFE, but atleast with one of those we know the case is being looked at.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

I would rather pay a little more through them then through a lawyer that could cost a ####### load or do myself and get a RFE, but atleast with one of those we know the case is being looked at.

Thats true, my fiance went on rapidvisa too and they were carefully looked at. We just thought at first that it will make it faster. I was hoping to be in the states by his birthday but I guess I'm wrong

9 hours ago, PygmyPuff said:

Hello all! I am one of those weirdos whose case is kinda in-between months (received date: April 28th, NOA1: May 2nd). But I've been hanging out in the April forum so I could see happy news getting closer. Anyway, I've been meaning to hop over here to say that we got our NOA2 notification on Monday! 150 days from received date. Hope is in the air! I'm so excited that they're progressing on cases and hopefully they'll be working their way all through May quickly! Hang in there everybody, I was so hopeless waiting, there were times I felt it would never happen and it was all just a dream. But approval is really coming! We'll all be with our loves soon!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing. Our timelines are the same. I'm hoping for some good luck soon. I'm dealing with a grumpy fiancé.

Just now, Anna and Bryan said:

Thats true, my fiance went on rapidvisa too and they were carefully looked at. We just thought at first that it will make it faster. I was hoping to be in the states by his birthday but I guess I'm wrong

I am at 147 days right now and debating on taking a 3 week vacation to fly over but my luck something will take place while i'm there or in return flight then have turn around and fly back which is tight on funds to do with all other flights to and from manila then back to states with her. At a loss what to do right now, if i don't go that will give me a chance to get close to 10k in bank for this venture.

10 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Yes!  I have heard horror stories about some "lawyers" that give really terrible service and bad advice while racking in thousands of dollars!!!

I knew Rapidvisa would not speed things up but I also figured that they will carefully review the petition and do everything they can to help me avoid an RFE.  It was nice because they were always there whenever I had a question.  I do admit that I did not know this site existed when I filed but I probably would have used them anyway.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

Yes!  I have heard horror stories about some "lawyers" that give really terrible service and bad advice while racking in thousands of dollars!!!

I knew Rapidvisa would not speed things up but I also figured that they will carefully review the petition and do everything they can to help me avoid an RFE.  It was nice because they were always there whenever I had a question.  I do admit that I did not know this site existed when I filed but I probably would have used them anyway.

Same with me i did not know of this site either, but i sent the minimum that is required in my front loaded binder. Rapid is there for us till she she is approved and they told me my Fiance can call also for help on philipine side with anything.

7 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I am at 147 days right now and debating on taking a 3 week vacation to fly over but my luck something will take place while i'm there or in return flight then have turn around and fly back which is tight on funds to do with all other flights to and from manila then back to states with her. At a loss what to do right now, if i don't go that will give me a chance to get close to 10k in bank for this venture.

Same here...Day 150 for me and my fiancé wants me to visit really bad but I'm thinking any day we could receive our NOA2! What to do?!?!

Just now, dnavinnie said:

Same here...Day 150 for me and my fiancé wants me to visit really bad but I'm thinking any day we could receive our NOA2! What to do?!?!

Go visit!! enjoy yourselves and your company! you wont regret it! NOA2 will come when it comes..

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

1 minute ago, Murph4865 said:

Same with me i did not know of this site either, but i sent the minimum that is required in my front loaded binder. Rapid is there for us till she she is approved and they told me my Fiance can call also for help on philipine side with anything.

They have an office right across from the Embassy in the Philippines.  They also have services for AOS/EAD and GC.  I haven't decided if I will use them all the way through yet.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I totally hear you... I haven't seen my girl in over a year and, although we're hoping that the NOA2 will be any day now, I'm planning a trip to see her in December... it's a constant battle in my mind of love vs. finances... lol... love always wins, of course... ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.