smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LabOz said:

May 1st. it's from the USCIS app.

Not sure if they are a VJ member I guess will find out as the day goes on.

Hope it's someone here.

One thing for sure is the USCIS app is rubbish. In Aug I hardly had any notifications and my misses was getting them, so far in Sept it is - hit n miss Mon n Tues this week I got about 5 notifications each day n my misses has had non come through on her app at all in Sept,  work that one out!!! 

Edited by JrJonesy4

1 hour ago, Kpetraska said:

It does, thank you! I can't check right now because I'm at work but if I remember correctly I was literally about $400 under the line. And I currently have like $7,600 in savings and the number is growing. My fiance said he can transfer his money to me if I for some reason don't meet the line with what I have. Do you know which vaccines are required to become a permanent resident? And once he gets these vaccines, he should just keep a record of them for the permanent resident application?

You are fine even if you had a 2,000 dollar savings. They look at what you are bringing in and stability, sometimes they don't even look at it. Sometimes it depends on the embassy. Just make sure you make at least 16.5k + a year and be able to prove it. You will then have no problems. Cheers from florida

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JrJonesy4 said:

One thing for sure is the USCIS app is rubbish. In Aug I hardly had any notifications and my misses was getting them, so far in Sept it is - hit n miss Mon n Tues this week I got about 5 notifications each day n my misses has had non come through on her app at all in Sept,  work that one out!!! 

Yes I don't know why they can't fix it. 

I have a conspiracy theory that they did it on purpose LOL

BUT good news is I already see several more May received date approvals on the app when I do the scan.

Should be a productive day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I got my RFE in the mail today. It was to prove that we had met in the last two years. I think mainly they wanted my passport biographical information page to accompany the scans of the passport stamps. Such a silly thing. But anyway I submitted an additional 155 pages evidence (to add to the passport stamps, boarding passes, airline confirmations, and photos I sent originally) so I don't think they will have reason to deny it! 

Edited by K+D

NOA1 Received Date: April 27th, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: May 1st, 2017

RFE email notice: September 25th, 2017

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th, 2017

USCISs Response to RFE received: September 29th, 2017

NOA2: October 10th, 2017

NVC Received and Case Number Assigned: October 24th, 2017

NVC Left and Consulate Received: October 26th, 2017

Medical Exam: November 7th, 2017

Interview: December 5th, 2017 APPROVED

Visa on hand: December 8th, 2017

POE (LAX): December 12th, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K+D said:

I got my RFE in the mail today. It was to prove that we had met in the last two years. I think mainly they wanted my passport biographical information page to accompany the scans of the passport stamps. Such a silly thing. But anyway I submitted an additional 155 pages evidence (to add to the passport stamps, boarding passes, airline confirmations, and photos I sent originally) so I don't think they will have reason to deny it! 

Hahah..excellent. Good job.

Send with postal tracking and make a copy of everything you send in case the USPS or USCIS loses it. 

Small chance but could happen.

Congrats.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Hahah..excellent. Good job.

Send with postal tracking and make a copy of everything you send in case the USPS or USCIS loses it. 

Small chance but could happen.

Congrats.

Oh for sure. I came home from work early at 1 and already had it to the post office by 1:32 pm :) (california time). USCIS should have it before noon tomorrow! After I learned I had an RFE, I prepared for any situation. I thought it must have to do with the meeting requirement because we met in person (not on a dating site so no problem with TOS), neither of us has been married or convicted of a crime before, and when I was filling the application I didn't know about VJ so I didn't realize how much info they want to prove the relationship. We have been together (in person) for 8 months over the last year so I had no problem preparing loads of evidence for them😊

Edited by K+D

29 minutes ago, K+D said:

Evrything going to be ok! I'm sure as soon u send it ,it's will be approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
53 minutes ago, K+D said:

I fear we'll get an RFE for that as well, because I forgot to include the biographical information page of my passport. 

You should be fine with all of that! That's a lot of extra documentation! :thumbs:

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Timeline
Just now, Hadassah123 said:

I fear we'll get an RFE for that as well, because I forgot to include the biographical information page of my passport. 

You should be fine with all of that! That's a lot of extra documentation! :thumbs:

Thank you! I hope that they will overlook it for you! It's a super easy fix but very frustrating to cause a delay in an already long process for something so trivial. Good luck 

4 hours ago, Kpetraska said:

With the taxes, I moved last year and was out of work for a few months. So I think I'm just under the poverty line. By like a few hundred dollars. Not much. But I have a ton of money in savings, and so does my fiance. What would I do about that? Where can I find if I met the poverty line or not?

I need a letter from my job? What does it need to say? What is the ds160 form, and is there a fee for it?

So he should make a doctor's apt before the medical to get updated on vaccines?

You also might want to ask you questions over in the UK subforum where there are "experts" that help folks like you. They have the experience and the knowledge of what needs to be done.  Here is the link if you don't already have it. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

There is so much information in that sub-forum. 

Here is the poverty scale https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

The letter just needs to state your hire date, your position, your salary, your supervisor's name and position all on company letterhead.

DS-160 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-ds160complete.asp

DS-160 Instructions for complete the form:  (here)

Please review application instructions and complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application 
(DS-160) 

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ 

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

Here is how the new DS-160 is laid out by section (with a brief general description of each section).
PERSONAL 1 - name (first & middle in same space), sex, marital status, date & place of birth.
PERSONAL 2 - nationality and ID #s 
ADDRESS & PHONE - 
PASSPORT INFO - number, where issued, date issued and expiration date.
TRAVEL - purpose of trip to US and when and where
TRAVEL COMPANIONS - persons traveling with you.
PREVIOUS US TRAVEL
US CONTACT - name and address
FAMILY - father and mothers names and dates of birth, children or ex-spouse.
WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING - current employment and previous. Educational institutions attended. travel to any other countries?
SECURITY & BACKGROUND - bunch of Yes/No questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, K+D said:

I think that 155 additional pages should do it... lol... hope you have a really quick turnaround on this!  :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mcs said:

Congratulations!!!  :) 

Thanks, I hope you get yours really soon!!!! Maybe tonight or tomorrow to end the week in a great way. My case wasnt updated til 8pm, theres still time!

57 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

Guys my fiance got our hardcopy of noa2 today, 3 days after the app update. He is in Pennsylvania. :) 

:jest:Yay, congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.