smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,975 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kpetraska said:

My fiance will be going to the embassy in London. How do I find out what he'll need to bring to it? I know there's some form he needs to fill out, and a birth certificate. But I haven't really gotten any info in what to do while we wait.

Once your Embassy receives your petition from the NVC, your Embassy will send the foreign fiance the Packet 3 information which will include a checklist of everything that will be required for them to bring to the interview. 

Be mindful that a lot of the required documentation will require a date of when it waa completed, and if the post-date is too far apart from the interview date, for example, the date on the police record, the Embassy may require an updated version to ensure it's will have more current information. The 2nd letters of intent from both the petitioner and beneficiary needs to have the dates updated and signed from the original letters of intent that are in the petition. 

But yes, every Embassy is different so I would recommend going to your country's portal on this website and review the consulate information section because veteran that have went through the process already provide this helpful information. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello. I sent off our packet May 25. I hope to hear back from them soon. Good luck to all

4/1/2016: Met online
7/1/2016: communicated by email, text and skype
3/5/2017: He finally came to see me from Italy, stayed for a week
3/10/2017  : Proposed 
3/11/2017  : He went back to Italy 
5/25/2017  : Mailed our I-129F
5/26/2017  : Texas Lockbox received petition
5/31/2017  : Received Text
5/31/2017  : NOA1 Received

8/20/2017  : OFFICALLY ENDED RELATIONSHIP

So I noticed that USCIS updated the CSC website a few days ago to say that they are currently processing K1 applications from Dec. 15th, meaning processing time is 5 months; however Visa Journey shows that CSC is processing applications from mid-February. Does anyone know why this is the case? Do they wait until they've processed nearly 100% of K1 applications with a certain date before updating the USCIS website so that people won't call and inquire as much? 

My NOA1 date is May 15th, and my fiance and I are hoping for a mid-November arrival.. but I'm not sure if this is unrealistic or not :( Anyone have any insights?

8 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

So I noticed that USCIS updated the CSC website a few days ago to say that they are currently processing K1 applications from Dec. 15th, meaning processing time is 5 months; however Visa Journey shows that CSC is processing applications from mid-February. Does anyone know why this is the case? Do they wait until they've processed nearly 100% of K1 applications with a certain date before updating the USCIS website so that people won't call and inquire as much? 

My NOA1 date is May 15th, and my fiance and I are hoping for a mid-November arrival.. but I'm not sure if this is unrealistic or not :( Anyone have any insights?

I'm looking at the site right now and it says it's processing December 15, 2016 as of March 31, 2017. So it hasn't been updated since March. So it appears to be outdated.

Screenshot_20170529-125513.png

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I'm looking at the site right now and it says it's processing December 15, 2016 as of March 31, 2017. So it hasn't been updated since March. So it appears to be outdated.

Screenshot_20170529-125513.png

Thank you! I'm not sure where I saw the most recent update then. The update said May 2017, but now I can't find it. Anyway thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Thank you! I'm not sure where I saw the most recent update then. The update said May 2017, but now I can't find it. Anyway thank you! 

I follow the March thread along with may, and I saw some others saying that they'd spoken to USCIS about this and they stated that their website is currently down and don't know when it'll be updated correctly. There are some untouched cases from December they're working on but the majority of cases being looked at right now are February's. The last approval I saw was on may 26th, for a February 16th filer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Once your Embassy receives your petition from the NVC, your Embassy will send the foreign fiance the Packet 3 information which will include a checklist of everything that will be required for them to bring to the interview. 

Be mindful that a lot of the required documentation will require a date of when it waa completed, and if the post-date is too far apart from the interview date, for example, the date on the police record, the Embassy may require an updated version to ensure it's will have more current information. The 2nd letters of intent from both the petitioner and beneficiary needs to have the dates updated and signed from the original letters of intent that are in the petition. 

But yes, every Embassy is different so I would recommend going to your country's portal on this website and review the consulate information section because veteran that have went through the process already provide this helpful information. 

Thank you! So I did that, and it says I need to send the proof of support and my most recent tax forms? That's just for me right? The beneficiary doesn't have to give them his taxes? 

11 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

Thank you! So I did that, and it says I need to send the proof of support and my most recent tax forms? That's just for me right? The beneficiary doesn't have to give them his taxes? 

Correct, only the petitioners financial information because the petitioner is the one signing the document certifying that the beneficiary will not become a public charge. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 10:31 PM, j N j said:

Just got back from PH on the 15th, copied all needed documents and sent my I 129F  USPS overnight to the lockbox.. let the fun (process) begin!!:jest:

just received the NOA1 this afternoon,and my case has been transferred to Cali. Estimated adjudication of Sept.3-7. :thumbs:

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Epop77 said:

Hello everyone!!! My fiancée and I filed for a K1 Visa and we got our NOA1 on 4/27. I'm in the USA and my fiancée is from Cebu Philippines. 

congrats

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

May as well join in on all the fun…

2017-05-22 Mailed I-129F the petition package

2017-05-24 Package delivered to Dallas PO Box

2017-05-30 Case accepted and routed to California Service Center

Now let the waiting game begin.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

Hi,

May as well join in on all the fun…

2017-05-22 Mailed I-129F the petition package

2017-05-24 Package delivered to Dallas PO Box

2017-05-30 Case accepted and routed to California Service Center

Now let the waiting game begin.

Lets begin lol. Hopefully they pick up a bit and we get it sooner than expected. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

So as I previously posted, I mistakenly left me and my fiance passport photos out of the package. I live near a Field Office so I used the online tool and made an InfoPass Appointment, to see if I could turn it in there instead of waiting for a RFE. Sure enough the immigration officer provided me an address and provided instructions on how to get it to my petition. I mailed it off today certified mail so I will have a signed comfirmation. Hopefully that saves me any delays. 😊

The Immigration Officer I had was really nice. Although as I was coming in, a lady stormed to the desk, cut the line, and said "I respectfully ask to see a Supervisor, Manager, or the person  with the highest authority available in this office, and I will wait" and just sat down. I was like wow....... So after seeing their reaction, I used the "you get more bees with honey" or however it goes, and I was extremely polite.... Hoping they didnt reschedule me because I was so behind I ended up being late. As the clerk pointed out 39 minutes late. But it worked and she said normally I would reschedule, but I will let you go. Printed my number and let me go. Needless to say the rude lady, was still sitting there when I left. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

NOA1 received today om 30th May. :)

NOA2 estimated time, early September.

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.