smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On May 17, 2017 at 9:04 PM, mrssurman said:

Looks like we're FINALLY joining your ranks! We sent ours last night via FedEx, and I put him on a plane back to Australia this afternoon, to return to the States if/when he's granted the visa! The nerves are real!!!

Got my NOA1 today, 5/23!

1 hour ago, DBOh said:

Out of curiosity, how many people filed with the old version of the 129f? I didn't realize I could still use the old version until next month so I filed the new version. Probably would've finished the application sooner if I used the old version :rolleyes:

I filed with the old version (12/23/2016) which is still available to submit until June 9th. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update:

Sent I-129f: May 16, 2017

Received at Dallas Lockbox : May 18, 2017

Just today, May 23, 2017 we received an email that our case was accepted and routed to California Service Center. ☺😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, DBOh said:

Out of curiosity, how many people filed with the old version of the 129f? I didn't realize I could still use the old version until next month so I filed the new version. Probably would've finished the application sooner if I used the old version :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I filed with the old version (12/23/2016) which is still available to submit until June 9th. 

another old versioner here!

Timeline

Just got back from PH on the 15th, copied all needed documents and sent my I 129F  USPS overnight to the lockbox.. let the fun (process) begin!!:jest:

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, DBOh said:

I printed out the old version of the forms literally about a week before the website updated with the new forms. I filled them out without knowing they'd been updated, and did a double check an hour before I planned to mail them around may 10th? On the website to be sure I had everything right only to find out they been updated! So I called USCIS to see if I could still use them and they said yes, as long as they received them by June 10th. They received the forms on May 15th. So I am in the clear, thankfully because I hear the new forms are thirteen pages!! Compared to six. And the six were already overwhelming lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kpetraska said:

I printed out the old version of the forms literally about a week before the website updated with the new forms. I filled them out without knowing they'd been updated, and did a double check an hour before I planned to mail them around may 10th? On the website to be sure I had everything right only to find out they been updated! So I called USCIS to see if I could still use them and they said yes, as long as they received them by June 10th. They received the forms on May 15th. So I am in the clear, thankfully because I hear the new forms are thirteen pages!! Compared to six. And the six were already overwhelming lol

There have been people who used the older form but the folks at the lockbox were not up to speed yet and sent them back to petitioner.

Also there are more papers with the newer version but the ugly G-325a forms are no longer required. The other benefit to that is the I-129F does not require the foreigner's signature and the G-325a did.

Signature is till needed for the letter of intent to marry however.

Timeline
4 hours ago, LabOz said:

There have been people who used the older form but the folks at the lockbox were not up to speed yet and sent them back to petitioner.

Also there are more papers with the newer version but the ugly G-325a forms are no longer required. The other benefit to that is the I-129F does not require the foreigner's signature and the G-325a did.

4 hours ago, LabOz said:

My case has been received, NOA1 received and transferred to California so I'm good  (: the g235a forms were not that ugly to me. I'd rather do those than an additional 7 pages lol. Also my i129F did not require his signature.

5 hours ago, LabOz said:

The bold statement above is inaccurate. The speed of USCIS has nothing to do with them sending the old form back. The 12/23/2016 is the only version that's being accepted until June 9th so other predated versions are being sent back. The postmark date that is on the package is what they go by. It works the same when they changed the fee back in December. If the postmark date was before the change date, it will be accepted.

And the "ugly" g-325a is the same information that now makes the new K1 petition an additional 7 pages. So, while it will make it more convenient and eco-friendly after June 9th, its all the same information being submitted. 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm putting final touchs on my package today and will ship. Question  if i want to ship it by USPS Express mail do i send it to Po Box address or the Fedex/UPS Address?

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

2 minutes ago, atif03 said:

Hi All,

I'm putting final touchs on my package today and will ship. Question  if i want to ship it by USPS Express mail do i send it to Po Box address or the Fedex/UPS Address?

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

If you are sending it where it will require signature then you send it to the physical address. If not, then you can send it to the P.O. Box.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
10 minutes ago, atif03 said:

Hi All,

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

I just went straight to my local post office and mailed it as priority to the p.o. box, they had it within two days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
21 hours ago, LivlivOx said:

Crazy! I know two other people did at 9:45pm last night! I woke up in england to my partner screenshotting the texts and emails. Mines gone to California. What about yours? 

Same. California

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.