smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

So by now we are almost sure thing are definetely falling from petitions... photos, evidence...

Maybe, maybe not. I am almost convinced it's a stall tactic to buy time and still maintain (or increase) their quotas.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

10 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

Hello Group!!! So I got my RFE... when I submitted my application I attached a domestic partnership document. It was never registered so our marital status is single. Uscis is asking for a documents from the civil authorities from Ecuador showing we are not legally married. Do you think copies of our Ecuadorian National ID cards and a copy of a certificate of identity and marital status from the civil registry from Ecuador will be sufficient? Also I am putting in the response a translation from the Ecuadorian law where it says same-sex unions are not recognized as marriage because same sex marriage is "banned" by the ecuadorian constitution... Please let me know your comments!!! Thanks Team!!! 

As @Maria1989 and I told advised you before, Ecuadorian National IDs do not show proof of being single. You're going to need a court document certifying that you and your fiance are not legally married or in a civil union. 

USCIS is asking for court/legal documents proving you are not in a legal marriage and/or civil union. Identification is not court document proof. 

And while your translated statement you're gonna write says that same sex marriage are not recognized in Ecuador, domestic partnerships are recognized which again is a legal civil union. Domestic partnerships are recognized in the US as legal civil unions. 

So, I would advise you follow the instructions USCIS has asked you to do in order to provide whatever proof you need to prove what they're asking you.

@Maria1989...anything I'm missing on this you can add?

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

Maybe, maybe not. I am almost convinced it's a stall tactic to buy time and still maintain (or increase) their quotas.

I did a cover letter listing each item with a number and put a tab on each numbered part....so if they claim something is missing they are definitely to blame.  Even had an attorney look at packet to make sure I had everything.  So should be no excuse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

So today's scan has 332665 approved. I'm 332615 why are they doing this to me ........  smh . 

Cruelty at its finest. 

I totally feel you the two below me approved today and nothing for me 

15 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

@Trinab80 thank you trinab, but the RFE says "civil authorities" in Ecuador. U mean I need to go to a court here in the US to proof Im single here?  We never "registered" our domestic partnership it was just done at a public notary.. 

You need to go Ecuador courts or civil authorities.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

2 hours ago, JenD said:

Did you submit a statement detailing the date and circumstances of your meeting(s) before? Mine was very detailed, and about 12 pages long, and also included my biographical details, what our wedding plans are, and what our life will be like, i.e., where plan to live, etc.

Thank you thank you!!

2 hours ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

I included exactly those three things you have listed with the "-" with my Petition. My Beneficiary and I wrote two separate statements about our meeting together. It included dates, times, places, and names of family, friends who were with us. I included the airline ticket with the price and the temporary visa I got from the country. I also included pics of us meeting off the plane, at her home, friend's home, picnics, visits to popular places (that's important because anyone can recognize that you were there), each of those documents must be signed and dated by the Petitioner. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your response!!

2 hours ago, spike198 said:

We had to submit additional evidence as well and this is what we sent:

-My bank statements showing purchases I made (make sure if you send this that you send the entire statement with your name and account number circled).  I circled all purchases showing where they 

-I contacted the airlines to send proof of used tickets because I didn't save my used boarding passes.  They sent an electronic print out to me showing that a passenger boarded under that name

-I had a friend with me on one of the trips when we first met and she wrote a letter on our behalf explaining how we met (in addition to the ones we provided)

-I also sent along the bank statements showing luggage purchases and on flight wifi purchases

-Receipts from AirBnb, hotels, airlines, etc.  We had sent all of those things already but we resent 

-I have an iPhone and if you pull up a photo on the phone it shows the date/time that the photo was taken.  I then took screen shots of those photos so the date and time showed on them.  Again, all things we had done before but we resent.

-I wrote a cover sheet and explained everything in there as well.  I also included proof of meeting AFTER we applied just in case.  

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you!!! You response is very appreciated!:)

2 hours ago, Fiammetta said:

We got the same, since my fiancé (petitioner) it's very busy at work I made a timeline for our entire relationship, even way before the 2 years before filing.

I included pictures of us and description of sistuation, places, occasions...didn't name other people that were with us because I don't think they care.

Then he printed that out and paperclipped additional pictures, documents, boarding passes, flight tickets, cruise tickets with both our names on along with the pictures from that trip.

I even had a picture from when my nephew was born with as holding the baby in front of thr crib with his name, weight and date...but  that was just luck!

Then we attached signed statements to explain what was in the timeline with pictures.

I believe anything would work, especially if the relationship it's genuine they'll see that right away.

So try to do a good job, but  without being too worried, if it's real they'll see through ;)

(but I don't know if mine worked yet :D )

Thank you!! I appreciate your response!!:)

2 hours ago, mcs said:

When I sent in our application, I made sure that, on the back of every photo, I included the date, the place, and who was in the picture (my name, my fiancee's name, etc. if there were others); I provided airline ticket stubs, receipts from money exchanges in her country (with my signature and date I signed it on each), hotel receipts (again signed and dated); also, I had visited her three times before submitting the application so everything was separated according to trip and all photos from each trip were placed in separate zip-lock bags stapled to sheets of paper which were signed and dated and labeled as to which trip each belonged.  I might have done a bit of overkill but I do software quality assurance for a living so I couldn't help myself...lol.  I hope this helps...

Thank you so much!!!:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, plyn1209 said:

17 days since we got approved. I never did even a single call to nvc. I will give them another week before calling them. 

You're being the nice guy in their eyes 😉

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, plyn1209 said:

Oh being nice is not so easy. There must be a reward on it 😂😅 

There isn't unfortunately.. otherwise shoegum would get his noa2 before all of us 😂😂😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.