smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Enjoy your trip!

Consider leaving her some luggage to bring things back to USA unless he has luggage already

Just a thought as that is what I did.

Steven

Hey Steven...I haven't spoken to you in a while!!! How are things going with you and your soon-to-be?

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Nope have not booked flight yet both of us has decided to book interview f or january to allow airfare to drop more December is a killer on price gouging at the airlines, pluse she waiting on new laptop i ordered her so we can video chat to agree on interview date to cordinate plane trip

You may spend more on airfare but there is a tax saving by being married on or before 12/31/2017.

Have you considered just letting her do the interview sooner as spots fill up fast that way at least she will have her visa already and then you can figure on flights in January or Feb.

She should easily be able to get an interview in December. 

Just a thought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, JackSandy said:

Ok thanks,  how did you get yours?

I haven’t gotten mine yet. But I think its in the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica of your state. I’m in Veracruz and this are the requirements I found: http://www.veracruz.gob.mx/seguridad/constancia-de-antecedentes-no-penales/

this may vary by state

Timeline
17 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Enjoy your trip!

Consider leaving her some luggage to bring things back to USA unless he has luggage already

Just a thought as that is what I did.

Steven

Thank you Steve...hee hee...you read my mind. I bought her luggage last visit so she can move here. Can you believe she can fit everything she owns in two suitcases and she is 28 years old? It is amazing how happy most of the people there are with no possessions. They know the real meaning of happiness. Family, love, and the simple pleasures in life. I think she will feel like a real princess when she comes to this wonderful country. I love the Philippines but I don't think I could live there...at least the areas I am familiar with :) 

Edited by pmeyer1229

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
2 hours ago, tpeach said:

Me too....both sides of me now. one down and one up has been approved in the last two days,,,,,killing me.....

May 15th filer too, don't get me wrong I'm happy for those on the 15th and 16th that have been approved but I really want to see ours soon, even went to church yesterday to ask for a little hand. Hopefully we will get our news soon. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Struck out again.....I hope there are more later...Day 172. Congrats to those approved. Any other May 15 filers not approved today?

Us too. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Thank you Steve...hee hee...you read my mind. I bought her luggage last visit so she can move here. Can you believe she can fit everything she owns in two suitcases and she is 28 years old? It is amazing how happy most of the people there are with no possessions. The know the real meaning of happiness. Family, love, and the simple pleasures in life. I think she will feel like a real princess when she comes to this wonderful country. I love the Philippines but I don't think I could live there...at least the areas I am familiar with :) 

Oh she is all set on luggage then. Excellent. 

Yes it is an interesting place that is for sure.

Possessions are not a big deal to many there. Family, love, happiness and you left out FOOD ahaha.

I have a picture of her inside her luggage but the file is to darn big to upload now.

Steven

44 minutes ago, emylady said:

I don’t believe you have anything to apologise for. I for one value your comments, estimations and input here. I don’t think you’ve ruined morale or said anything out of turn. 

Keep doing what you’re doing!

At the end of the day, it will happen when it happens and I think people need to understand that none of us actually know when things will come. People need to stop pretending to know everything. Some people just like the drama. I for one wish it would stop. 

Thank you so much for the kind words.  We all want this to move as quickly as possible.  Here is to hoping that we see some amazing numbers from USCIS!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, WhJi said:

We just got our approval - May 15 received date.

Before I start jumping for joy, I want to make sure that everyone here understands how important they have been to me and all the rest of us through this EXREMELY stressful wait (my response to the text essentially amounted to a full on emotional breakdown in the middle of the office).  I struggle with anxiety as it is, and if I hadn't had this group to lean on and feel a sense of solidarity, this whole thing might have broken me. My fiance can detach and endure on his own gracefully - for me, not so easy.  You are genuinely good and strong people, and you deserve all the happiness in the world with your partners.

To those of us recently approved, lets not forget how rotten and stressful it feels to continue to wait, and especially to watch dates ahead of us pass by. I know I couldn't if I tried. 

Many joyful congrats (!!!) to everyone that has made it past this hurdle, and firm continued support and highest hopes for those of us that are still waiting.  <3

You guys seriously rock. :star:

SO HAPPY FOR YALL!! Its great to see you have approval, we know it's been very stressful! Just hope we get ours soon, may 15th as well.  Also if I may ask, what was yall's number? 

Edited by marineman225

40 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

I know this is off topic but any of my phillipeno friends here listen to Christina Grimmie? Her fan base there is huge, thought I'd ask. She was my favorite. ❤ 

Oh yes.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Hey Steven...I haven't spoken to you in a while!!! How are things going with you and your soon-to-be?

Doing quite well and good to see you back here more on the thread.

Her medical is done

Interview was going to be later this month in Manila but we ended up snagging an earlier time slot for next week.

She is off to Manila tomorrow.

Stay strong there as well..

Moderators should be by soon to close out this thread so part 2 will be needed after that.

We should think of a catchy name for it instead of just May filers part 2 LOL

This group is a wild diverse bunch haha.

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, marineman225 said:

SO HAPPY FOR YALL!! Its great to see you have approval, we know it's been very stressful! Just hope we get ours soon, may 15th as well.  Also if I may ask, what was yall's number? 

Yep our number is WAC1790329425. And no notification on the app, so it looks like those are really hit or miss on tracking approvals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.