smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

I am not as concerned  about the fee as I am as how fast they cashed my check.  The same day they received my application...gone from my bank account electronically.  They should wait to process our payments until they process our petitions and you know they would move way the F faster.  And now I hear they told a caller it may take up to a year?  They make up the rules as they go!?  This is not a tax refund, this is peoples lives.  What's the old adage, justice delayed is justice denied?   When my Fiancé and I applied, the wait was maybe 3-4 months, I am at 142 days today with no end in site, and I know I am in the behind numerous April and May filers and god knows how many countless petitions after me.  My fiancé got a European Schengen visa to meet me in 15, FIFTEEN DAYS.  When is it OK to be mad, when is it OK to say hey buddies,  you are doing a piss poor job and its not acceptable! 

I completely agree with you!

As we would say here in England: “it seems like they don’t know their ####### from their elbow” (not to offend anyone with my comments). 

I did a little calculation about the extra money:-

$225 x 1000 (approx) applications per day received = $225,000 per day!

$225,000 x 5 days open = $1,125,000 per week!!!

$1,125,000 x 52 weeks = $58,500,000 per year!!!

So: if they pay one person $22,500 per year - out of one (1) day’s worth of applications, they could hire ten (10) extra people!!

There really is no ‘financial’ reason that we should be waiting this bloody long!

We all just want to marry our fiancées and have a happy life and make plans!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, PKG1090 said:

As we would say here in England: “it seems like they don’t know their ####### from their elbow” (not to offend anyone with my comments). 

So: if they pay one person $22,500 per year - out of one (1) day’s worth of applications, they could hire ten (10) extra people!!

There really is no ‘financial’ reason that we should be waiting this bloody long!

Remember....the fee was over 500 dollars for most of us this year. So you can nearly double your estimate of what they receive in funds now.

3 minutes ago, PKG1090 said:

ooops....sorry, I see you said "extra" money....

I am ready to give up at this point in time. A month ago was 20 days faster then now. The start of may was 143 to 150 days and here it is May 12th took over 155. I am may 16th and to be honest i figure another 2 weeks if we are lucky. Which is about 177 to 180 days. Sorry to vent just dont understand why each week gets slower. So my guess mis may 2 weeks if lucky.

Edited by bcoakley06

Timeline
Just now, pmeyer1229 said:

Remember....the fee was over 500 dollars for most of us this year. So you can nearly double your estimate of what they receive in funds now.

Just now, pmeyer1229 said:

I was referring to the extra $225 we’re paying in addition to the fee of last year, when they were completing within approx 90 days. 

We paid $525 for our petition. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PKG1090 said:

YES!  We have gone from enthusiasm to a real disheartening place and its difficult to simply keep a positive outlook when the wait drags like this.  Its been a shock, and now I see why people come to the US illegally and just don't care, the worst places in the US are better than some of the "Best" places in other countries, and why go though bureaucratic BS?  Why not take a risk, jump a boarder fence, and if you're caught, the worst that can happen is a free meal and deportation, and then just jump the fence again as so many people do.

I am glad we can support each other here, though, you are not alone.  Cheers, there HAS to be a light at the end of this tunnel!!!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Piolito Bedico said:

Someone approved May 11th. I received a notice.😁

Where did you receive the notice, through text or mail? Details!! Lol I'm going stir crazy here xP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

Where did you receive the notice, through text or mail? Details!! Lol I'm going stir crazy here xP

From USCIS app.

Screenshot_20171027-055310.png

Edited by Piolito Bedico

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

Oh hey - I missed the troll "fun"! Been reading along all afternoon (Dutch time), then decide to do some late work stuff and suddenly see all these posts about trolling, ignoring, etc :o

However, not fun fun at all - we already had our share in the June thread. Reported, ignored and on we go with positivity (L)

What happened? Ignore? Report?? Admin here??? In our humble may post?? 

I missed all the fun :cry:

being in this time zone sucks.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Anagio said:

Hello Guys!

I was just wondering how do you get Tier1 to  transfer you to Tier 2? I just spent 15 minutes begging the lady to transfer me but she kept saying it is impossible! It is soo annoying! It has been 170 days already 😞 

Same here. Tried to call yesterday and was told they can't transfer me because it was too late  (at 4:00 p.m.). Today I was told she can't transfer me due to the load of phone calls.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen.... I have just been APPROOOOOOOOOOOOVED!!!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for your love and support!!

May 12th receive date. 

WAC1790327977

What great news!! Congrats!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.