smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, pmeyer1229 said:

Okay, I will be more positive about Christmas, I just have a gut feeling..however, we will have many years to look back on this process and thank God we are done :) 

Yep!  I hope all of our fiance's understand what all we went through for this.  Wasn't just waiting.  Cost, time, preparing, etc.  It's a lot more than I expected.  I hope all of us are married forever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Yuliia said:

Yes, in evening scan  ....8037

CONGRATS for the NoA2 yesterday! I'm jealous. No notice of movement today :(

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
50 minutes ago, PKG1090 said:

My fiancée called about 10 mins ago and was told we have to wait 3-5 days for a call back from a Tier Two, as they’ve stopped taking call transfers about an hour before!

The call handler had no empathy and just wanted us off the call. It took her a while to bring up our case too! 

Are they still using Windows 3.1 and using carrier pidgeons to send mail?!

What really gets to me is that we paid $525 to submit our application, which is $225 more than last year, and they’re taking almost double the time that they did last year!

We all want to move on our lives and start a family and the USCIS is preventing us all from doing so! 

It’s total bs!!

Does anyone ask where the extra $225 is going? Why, as we paid more than last year’s applicants, is it taking almost double the time??

Sorry.... rant over 😳

I am not as concerned  about the fee as I am as how fast they cashed my check.  The same day they received my application...gone from my bank account electronically.  They should wait to process our payments until they process our petitions and you know they would move way the F faster.  And now I hear they told a caller it may take up to a year?  They make up the rules as they go!?  This is not a tax refund, this is peoples lives.  What's the old adage, justice delayed is justice denied?   When my Fiancé and I applied, the wait was maybe 3-4 months, I am at 142 days today with no end in site, and I know I am in the behind numerous April and May filers and god knows how many countless petitions after me.  My fiancé got a European Schengen visa to meet me in 15, FIFTEEN DAYS.  When is it OK to be mad, when is it OK to say hey buddies,  you are doing a piss poor job and its not acceptable! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, millionaminute said:

I am not as concerned  about the fee as I am as how fast they cashed my check.  The same day they received my application...gone from my bank account electronically.  They should wait to process our payments until they process our petitions and you know they would move way the F faster.  And now I hear they told a caller it may take up to a year?  They make up the rules as they go!?  This is not a tax refund, this is peoples lives.  What's the old adage, justice delayed is justice denied?   When my Fiancé and I applied, the wait was maybe 3-4 months, I am at 142 days today with no end in site, and I know I am in the behind numerous April and May filers and god knows how many countless petitions after me.  My fiancé got a European Schengen visa to meet me in 15, FIFTEEN DAYS.  When is it OK to be mad, when is it OK to say hey buddies,  you are doing a piss poor job and its not acceptable! 

Yep, was 3.5 to 5 months at tops to get word.  All went to California and was 3.5.  Now it's past 5 months.  They should've moved resources to keep the same pace of 3.5 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Yuliia said:

We got an RFE  (((

Oops I'm sorry. Well least they touched your case. Keep positive! Any news today? I think I'm going to sleep:) I hope to get approved next week...

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Yuliia said:

We got an RFE  (((

May I ask what they are requesting? 

People get their approvals within 2 weeks after sending the requested data. You'll be approved soon. ✌️✌️

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Yuliia said:

We got an RFE  (((

Sorry about the RFE, however, it appears once they receive your additional evidence, they approve very quickly...Good luck, praying for you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kirin2002 said:

Oops I'm sorry. Well least they touched your case. Keep positive! Any news today? I think I'm going to sleep:) I hope to get approved next week...

it's Ok, Thank you. still waiting for a mail

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shaman said:

May I ask what they are requesting? 

People get their approvals within 2 weeks after sending the requested data. You'll be approved soon. ✌️✌️

still waiting for their mail

thank you

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Sorry about the RFE, however, it appears once they receive your additional evidence, they approve very quickly...Good luck, praying for you.

Thank you so much 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello Guys!

I was just wondering how do you get Tier1 to  transfer you to Tier 2? I just spent 15 minutes begging the lady to transfer me but she kept saying it is impossible! It is soo annoying! It has been 170 days already 😞 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello friends. I just saw that fight from a few hours ago.   I am proud to be side-by-side with such a great group of people  through this process and I got nothing but love for everyone here. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.