smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, LabOz said:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

Lets start a count down for how many days until "Hola and Amigo" are finally off the top spot from IGOR's list above

They have been there for 3 years now.

Time to say ADIOS AMIGO :jest:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am so new to this forum (about a month) but it got on my nerves already... so I can only imagine what your celebration feels like hahaha

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

On 5/3/2017 at 3:24 AM, LabOz said:

Any other MAY filers? come out come out.

Say hi.

Hello im a may 15 filer still waiting on my noa2... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, LabOz said:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

Lets start a count down for how many days until "Hola and Amigo" are finally off the top spot from IGOR's list above

I was counting down to the same thing 🤣 I thought it was just me. Guess they get on everyone’s nerves!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, LabOz said:

LOL  adios Hola and Amigo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, LabOz said:

Dying because of this.

@Julie and Kerren if you wanna tag someone, write "@" and his/her name after!

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

I should know this but what is MVR

MRV stands for Machine Readable Visa (correct me if I'm wrong). The MRV slip is a piece of paper that your fiance needs to bring to the bank when paying the visa fee. The embassy will require it from her. :)

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

28 minutes ago, Clock said:

Guys we have got our noa2 ....now whats next ...?? I'm the beneficiary so what should I be preparing for next ??

wait for few days to get case number from nvc. u can call or email them. after u have ur case number, u can fill ds 160 then pay fee and book the interview day. anw when was your noa1?

Edited by hihi

9 hours ago, Lilly2302 said:

Does that apply to Whatsapp too? I meet mine in a group chat in Whatsapp... @jackyjimenez @hihi

WhatsApp is just a messenger app like Hangouts or FB messenger, it's not a dating website like match.com. So no worries there.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

9 hours ago, Naes said:

Unfortunately it depends on the CO... and the level of antisociality I believe.

I met in Facebook and because it was through a mutual friend we didn't even think it was an issue. But people used to get rfe because of fb too... let's hope the person uses what's up and tinder! 

9 hours ago, hihi said:

I am not sure. Maybe Whatsapp is safe. But only uscis has decision. 

9 hours ago, Shoegum said:

I think it also depends on what you wrote on your i-129F regarding how you met.  if you wrote met through a mutual friend on Whats app then probably will be safe. If wrote met in a whats app group then they may want a written letter from you stating group is not part of a IMB or something i guess.

WhatsApp is not a website or app used for the purpose to meet other people. Embassies are aware that many foreigners use WhatsApp because unlike us USC, they don't have data plan phone providers where like us our text messaging is included in our plans. Whatsapp is heavily used for the purpose to communication with those abroad. FB messenger is the same thing and is attached to Facebook.

Now if you met your fiance using these apps and have provided that in your written statement, that's not gonna cause a RFE requesting these site's TOS. BUT, if you only disclosed in your written statement that you guys met using these apps but your supporting evidence of you and your fiance showing that physically met and seen them is lacking, that's where you will most likely receive a RFE. Because there has to be proof that you've actually met your fiance in person.

Websites like match.com, eharmony, or any match-making, dating site will have to disclose the terms of service from the website per the IMB requirement. Also if there's a site you met your fiance on that is not necessarily a dating website but USCIS cannot confirm that it's not, you might receive a RFE requesting the site's TOS. That decision is solely on the adjudicator. 

I hope what I said makes sense. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

WhatsApp is not a website or app used for the purpose to meet other people. Embassies are aware that many foreigners use WhatsApp because unlike us USC, they don't have data plan phone providers where like us our text messaging is included in our plans. Whatsapp is heavily used for the purpose to communication with those abroad. FB messenger is the same thing and is attached to Facebook.

Now if you met your fiance using these apps and have provided that in your written statement, that's not gonna cause a RFE requesting these site's TOS. BUT, if you only disclosed in your written statement that you guys met using these apps but your supporting evidence of you and your fiance showing that physically met and seen them is lacking, that's where you will most likely receive a RFE. Because there has to be proof that you've actually met your fiance in person.

Websites like match.com, eharmony, or any match-making, dating site will have to disclose the terms of service from the website per the IMB requirement. Also if there's a site you met your fiance on that is not necessarily a dating website but USCIS cannot confirm that it's not, you might receive a RFE requesting the site's TOS. That decision is solely on the adjudicator. 

Thank you for making my day!

My anxious being needed someone to put it in logic... Now if only they won't ask for my bio page on passport...(I already sent them copy of my USA visa... )

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Thank you for making my day!

My anxious being needed someone to put it in logic... Now if only they won't ask for my bio page on passport...(I already sent them copy of my USA visa... )

Now this you may receive a RFE for. The US petitioner must provide a copy of their bio page and all pages of their passport. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

16 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

how's about paltalk? do u have any idea about it? it's not like an ordinary dating site because there are many rooms chat with different topics. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Now this you may receive a RFE for. The US petitioner must provide a copy of their bio page and all pages of their passport. 

Double check that in the instructions. I believe you only send a copy of your main passport page and any pages that are stamped 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.