smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, AnaMolina said:

You have plenty that you can do. Before we got the approval, we did a checklist with the docs I will need for interview.

So I already had his taxes transcripts and W2, pay stubs (waiting to add the last ones before the interview), proof that we continue our relationship after we filed (so screenshots of chats, video calls, etc), I made sure I had all the vaccinations I need.

We got our noa2 on monday, and now we have the letter from his job, bank statements, new letter of intent to marry, and going to start the DS and the financial support form today. Hopefully we will have everything for when we get our NVC number.

With the taxes, I moved last year and was out of work for a few months. So I think I'm just under the poverty line. By like a few hundred dollars. Not much. But I have a ton of money in savings, and so does my fiance. What would I do about that? Where can I find if I met the poverty line or not?

I need a letter from my job? What does it need to say? What is the ds160 form, and is there a fee for it?

So he should make a doctor's apt before the medical to get updated on vaccines?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If you can display the document take a screenshot if it's on your computer or on your mobile. Upload that pix. If you take a photo go into your phone settings for your camera and dial down the exposure for a small pix.

this was the only writing on the paper

22092619_1498224983605404_1614796256_o.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

With the taxes, I moved last year and was out of work for a few months. So I think I'm just under the poverty line. By like a few hundred dollars. Not much. But I have a ton of money in savings, and so does my fiance. What would I do about that? Where can I find if I met the poverty line or not?

I need a letter from my job? What does it need to say? What is the ds160 form, and is there a fee for it?

Ok so, your fiance can take the last two year taxes and explain he situation, along with your bank balance and statements.. if you're a little under the line only, I don't think you'd have to have a LOT of money in your act, but it's even betted. I don't think her savings would help in the case tho, has to be yours.

you can google poverty line uscis or something like that, there is a table that shows the values. For two peopoe i think it's something around $22k a year but not sure.

Yeah a letter from your job to prove you're currently employed. My fiance boss wrote it and its very simple, it states the name of his boss, name of the company, the date when he got the job, says that he is a permanent and full time employee and his yearly salary. And of course his signature.

the ds160 is a form that your fiancee will fill with her and your information, she has to bring it to medical appointment and interview, there isn't a fee for that. And you need its number to schedule the interview.

I'm not having a medical appointment for vaccines, I have my immunizations history but I can't really understand what its written there lol so I'm going to one of the places we can get the vaccines in my town  and ask them if I have all I need. Then I woll jusr take my history to the doctor when I have the appointment.

you just gotta check if you have all of them and if not, take em before. In Brazil you can have it done during the medical appointment but it's CRAZY expensive.

Edited by AnaMolina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, LabOz said:

By "filers" you are interpreting that as saying mailed in the month of May?  Most people here consider themselves a May filer if they have a received date of of May.

It is true that the majority of approval of early May cases for members here on VJ were actually mailed in April but there are already some non-expedite early May received dates that were mailed in April and already have NOA 2's issued.  @Alisa_ comes to mind. Not much activity again today on the app but the day is still young not even 10 am yet at CSC.

Good luck to us all.

Having  Noa1 date received in May with a case received at USCIS in April makes you an April filer by USCIS. Not a May filer and not by an individuals assumption. 

Such as why April 26, 27, Even April 29th  cases are being approved. 

With your logic. Because a person has  Noa1 date of May 10. That makes them a May Filer. Which is not factual. 

It may mean the US post office in their area of residence is slow to deliver mail or that it so happened that USCIS printed their I-797c in May.

But feel free to presume you are correct and all April 27, 28, 29, and 30 case received dates are May approvals.

Each worked case just allows another case to be opened and processed just as the one prior and the one before. 

I'll wait for a May 1st USCIS case to process. So I know May is being processed finally. 

Un-expedited.

Cheers!

Edited by PilgrimUS

Timeline
1 hour ago, LabOz said:

From the very beginning people were instructed to input the NOA 1 Date, the actual (notice date) from the Form I-797C/NOA 1 into their VJ timelines.

The USCIS app and website https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do  goes by the (received date) which is also listed on the Form I-797c/NOA 1.

I think VJ admins need to consider changing this.

When people input their timelines they should use the (received date) that way there will be much less confusion.

VJ / IGORS list should be using what USCIS goes by because obviously USCIS will not change to conform to VJ wishes. LOL

I'm not saying people should change it now as it is obviously not my call to make but whoever runs this forum should consider it unless there is some other reason

why they think the (Notice Date) is a better option.

Any one else have thoughts on this matter?

I 100% agree as it causes confusion plus even tho VJ is a small % of K1 applications it will throw the time line out. 

Like you said USCIS go by the receive date so ideally thats what everyone should be putting into their timeline for the noa1.

The noa1 notice date is just USCIS's date for when that actual paper noa1 was created/printed 

Edited by JrJonesy4

Timeline
15 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

Received date.  We was talking about wac numbers

It's OK I found out the WAC numbers are not limited to just K1s but to all application types which go the that service center 

1 hour ago, logisticamente said:

Yes girl!! That is what Im planning to do too.. :)

Yaaas

1 hour ago, BCILUWAMH said:

I started mine last night too..well my fiance did :D. Just make sure to save it in ur computer too!

Yes I did, and I printed de Confirmation Page too.

1 hour ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Sound good.. . You can send back the packet 3 the same day you received it 

I think in the Dominican Republic they don't use the packet 3, they just send u pac 4. IDNK if I am mistaken...

Lest pray all this goes faaaaaaaast.

Edited by Lilly2302

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Well I just got a notice the DACA renewal  end date is coming Oct 5th no more renewals  an be filed after this date. This means less applications for Cali to process so hopefully things will speed up. If not for us then certainly for others who filed later on.... 

Edited by JrJonesy4

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kpetraska said:

Wow lol OK firstly:

- poverty level you can find on the USCIS website and it's based on people living in the household. K1 need to meet 100% and at AOS it's 125%. If you fall short but have savings thats fine, k1 you need x3 the short fall amount in savings ie $200 short is $600 in savings. At AOS it's then x5 the short fall. They will only take into account the pentioners savings NOT the beneficiary. She or he could have loads but it wouldnt matter. 

- Letter from your job needs to be addressed to the consulate/US embassy and be in letter headed paper stating your job title, when you started working for them, if you are a perm or temp worker, your current hourly rate or yearly salary. Signed by your line manager or someone of management who can be contacted if needed but this is rare,  their job title and dated as close to the interview as possible 

DS160 is a form you fill out so the embassy have all of your information can run checks on you if required and match this up to any paperwork in your application. You pay your visa filing fee which is inclusive of this 

- I would advise you contact your doctor and get any jabs needed with them as the US embassy on use private doctors and there is only usually one or two they use. They charge through the roof for jabs when you can get them free or for a small fee at your local gp

Hope this helps. Good luck

Edited by JrJonesy4

Timeline
56 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

Ok so, your fiance can take the last two year taxes and explain he situation, along with your bank balance and statements.. if you're a little under the line only, I don't think you'd have to have a LOT of money in your act, but it's even betted. I don't think her savings would help in the case tho, has to be yours.

you can google poverty line uscis or something like that, there is a table that shows the values. For two peopoe i think it's something around $22k a year but not sure.

Yeah a letter from your job to prove you're currently employed. My fiance boss wrote it and its very simple, it states the name of his boss, name of the company, the date when he got the job, says that he is a permanent and full time employee and his yearly salary. And of course his signature.

the ds160 is a form that your fiancee will fill with her and your information, she has to bring it to medical appointment and interview, there isn't a fee for that. And you need its number to schedule the interview.

I'm not having a medical appointment for vaccines, I have my immunizations history but I can't really understand what its written there lol so I'm going to one of the places we can get the vaccines in my town  and ask them if I have all I need. Then I woll jusr take my history to the doctor when I have the appointment.

you just gotta check if you have all of them and if not, take em before. In Brazil you can have it done during the medical appointment but it's CRAZY expensive.

I'm confused. I am the female us petitioner, my fiance is in England. I am just under the poverty line, but I have almost $8,000 in savings so wouldn't it make up for what I didn't make last year? I did have more, but had to spend some because I just moved into the apartment my fiance and I will be living in. My UK fiance has almost $4,000 in his savings. So I should write a letter along with my taxes, and bank statements stating the situation?

The employee letter seems simple. And I'll have my fiance get vaccinated prior to the medical. Thank you (:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JrJonesy4 said:

Wow lol OK firstly:

- poverty level you can find on the USCIS website and it's based on people living in the household. K1 need to meet 100% and at AOS it's 125%. If you fall short but have savings thats fine, k1 you need x3 the short fall amount in savings ie $200 short is $600 in savings. At AOS it's then x5 the short fall. They will only take into account the pentioners savings NOT the beneficiary. She or he could have loads but it wouldnt matter. 

- Letter from your job needs to be addressed to the consulate/US embassy and be in letter headed paper stating your job title, when you started working for them, if you are a perm or temp worker, your current hourly rate or yearly salary. Signed by your line manager or someone of management who can be contacted if needed but this is rare,  their job title and dated as close to the interview as possible 

DS160 is a form you fill out so the embassy have all of your information can run checks on you if required and match this up to any paperwork in your application. You pay your visa filing fee which is inclusive of this 

- I would advise you contact your doctor and get any jabs needed with them as the US embassy on use private doctors and there is only usually one or two they use. They charge through the roof for jabs when you canget them free or for a small fee at your local go

Hope this helps. Good luck

It does, thank you! I can't check right now because I'm at work but if I remember correctly I was literally about $400 under the line. And I currently have like $7,600 in savings and the number is growing. My fiance said he can transfer his money to me if I for some reason don't meet the line with what I have. Do you know which vaccines are required to become a permanent resident? And once he gets these vaccines, he should just keep a record of them for the permanent resident application?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kpetraska said:

It does, thank you! I can't check right now because I'm at work but if I remember correctly I was literally about $400 under the line. And I currently have like $7,600 in savings and the number is growing. My fiance said he can transfer his money to me if I for some reason don't meet the line with what I have. Do you know which vaccines are required to become a permanent resident? And once he gets these vaccines, he should just keep a record of them for the permanent resident application?

Ref money transfer this is one to becareful of as any large deposits will appear on your bank statements which you'll need to produce if asked. Again this seems to be less often, but it is stated that you maybe ask to provide proof of where it come from and why the money entered your account. At a guess I suppose its to stop people pulling out huge loans to cover the poverty level. 

- off the top of my head I don't know but again these are available online. But yes keep a copy of these. Once he has a medical they give you paperwork which states what you've had and you use that when you file for AOS as long as it's done within 12months I think it is of your medical

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JrJonesy4 said:

Ref money transfer this is one to becareful of as any large deposits will appear on your bank statements which you'll need to produce if asked. Again this seems to be less often, but it is stated that you maybe ask to provide proof of where it come from and why the money entered your account. At a guess I suppose its to stop people pulling out huge loans to cover the poverty level. 

- off the top of my head I don't know but again these are available online. But yes keep a copy of these. Once he has a medical they give you paperwork which states what you've had and you use that when you file for AOS as long as it's done within 12months I think it is of your medical

Thank you! One more question, the ds-160 form is saying he needs an endorser? What does this mean?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.