smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyax30 said:

Wow who's this lucky May filer. 🤗😊 

received_1794016310611981.jpeg

Yay! Glad to see some May movement! A couple cases down (28064), received an RFE on Sept. 7.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

15 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

Mine is same way. She yelling at me because i did paper work myself and said i should of paid someone. I explained to there is a whole group of us waiting and complaining lol. That no person can speed it up. That so far the paper work not been bad nust filing it out and getting it ready sucks. I have a cousin who used rapid visa so i am just using new forms and sending it what he sent them.

Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one. I love my fiancé but here are some complaints I have to hear.

Hunnnnn...why you don't pay a lawyer to process papers to go faster.

Hunnnnn...you need to call immigration every day so they know you think this is important.

Hunnnn...you need to find out what is wrong. Maybe there is problem with our documents.

Day 140...NOA2 where are you?!?! 

11 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing. I thought I was the only one. I love my fiancé but here are some complaints I have to hear.

Hunnnnn...why you don't pay a lawyer to process papers to go faster.

Hunnnnn...you need to call immigration every day so they know you think this is important.

Hunnnn...you need to find out what is wrong. Maybe there is problem with our documents.

Day 140...NOA2 where are you?!?! 

Aayyeeee, I'm day 140 too! Cheers! Haha 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK so we are 126 days in and I'm from the UK. The avg waiting time for beneficiarys in the UK is 120-140 days. So now for the weird part.... 

Ive done plenty of research and herd as NO ONE knows for a fact in what order they do cases in n if they do cases by date received order .... However my partner rang USCIS yesterday 9.18.17 and they stated the following:

Q: I am just enquirering about my K1 visa application and was hoping you could give me some more information please

A: We are now working on cases from March 1st.

Q: My partner asked if there was any order they approve cases in or how long can we expect to wait. 

A: We cannot comment on this however I can see you are on the system and your application has been accepted. It is also a good sign that you havent been denied.

Q: Can you tell me anything else? 

A: No sorry unfortunately not but everything should be OK

Q: Can I speak to a tier two officer please as I would like some further information on my application. 

A: Unfortunately not at this time you can request this after 150 days of waiting or if you wish to withdraw your application. 

Q: OK Thankyou very much for this. 

(Now I knew the info part that they wouldn't supply much info over the phone as they never do) However there is some small bits of info there reading between the lines. "It's a good sign you haven't been denied" - this could indicate there might be a second screening stage after the noa1 or something along these lines no? Also as everyone should know.... "We are working on cases from March 1st" - generic answer based on that's the start date of the backlog of cases, as we also know they are approving cases in April.  

Thought id share this as there is no point ringing them. You need to be over 150 days to speak to a tier 2 officer.

Good luck all

Edited by JrJonesy4

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, bcoakley06 said:

Keep your head up and you never know. I seen flights from the Philippines to Kentucky for 540 after tax up till Dec 17th. So just keep faith and everything will work out.

Wow wish my flights were that cheap 😩

1 hour ago, Hadassah123 said:

Yay! Glad to see some May movement! A couple cases down (28064), received an RFE on Sept. 7.

Ik zie dat je uit Nederland komt!!! Onze datum is 2 Mei!!! En vandaag is het 140 dagen sinds we iets hebben gehoord!!!! IK GA GEKKK haha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, JrJonesy4 said:

Thought id share this as there is no point ringing them. You need to be over 150 days to speak to a tier 2 officer.

I am going to tell you that isn't correct. The trick to talking to a tier 2 officer is asking a question that a tier 1 can't answer. If you get to 140 days and you want to know you simply have to asking the tier 1 officer if the Background Check and Name Check have been completed yet. Tier 2 can answer that, tier 1 can only look at the same website we all use.

So if you really want to be able to easily get past the tier 1 officer you just have to ask the right question.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Yace said:

Ik zie dat je uit Nederland komt!!! Onze datum is 2 Mei!!! En vandaag is het 140 dagen sinds we iets hebben gehoord!!!! IK GA GEKKK haha

Success! Hope it won't be much longer! Our received date is June 5th, so I'm guessing we're up for a longer wait...

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

8 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Success! Hope it won't be much longer! Our received date is June 5th, so I'm guessing we're up for a longer wait...

Are you the US Citizen or the Dutch citizen? If Dutch, which province? And thanks! You will be here in America in no time!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yace said:

Are you the US Citizen or the Dutch citizen? If Dutch, which province? And thanks! You will be here in America in no time!

I'm the Dutchie - Zuid Holland :) Hope they speed up the process, cause I can't wait to be with my love! :)

Just now, Hadassah123 said:

I'm the Dutchie - Zuid Holland :) Hope they speed up the process, cause I can't wait to be with my love! :)

Awesome!!! I am the US citizen but I speak fluent Dutch! I learned it for her so she will always feel at home! Ze woont in Naaldwijk! I cant wat to be with her! The US Embassy there is really speedy! That I know! Not so many Dutch K-1s!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Yace said:

Awesome!!! I am the US citizen but I speak fluent Dutch! I learned it for her so she will always feel at home! Ze woont in Naaldwijk! I cant wat to be with her! The US Embassy there is really speedy! That I know! Not so many Dutch K-1s!

Awww! That's so sweet. My fiance has yet to learn Dutch beyond the couple words and phrases that I utter/write every now and then. He did score points by proposing with "wil je met me trouwen?", which he'd practiced with Google translate :wub:

Ah, your fiance and I live pretty close to each other then! Will be keeping an eye on your profile/timeline.

Re the Amsterdam consulate, good to know! Win for us I guess :)

10 hours ago, Saki said:

Thank you an you too, wishing for all May filers! I can expect entering the U.S first or second week of December if I didn't get a RFE. But even if I got RFE, by Christmas. 

Keep your head up its coming.

3 hours ago, Brntorun said:

I hope

Last week round trip from phoenix to manila was $1500, and then i need a 1 way for her

Some reason it was cheaper out of cebu.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.