smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
33 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

So does the end of Daca affect us in any way? Just getting worried we are almost day 120 and still no change. Thanks ib advance and god speed to you all.

No DACA that is a program for people who are basically here illegally but arrived prior to the age of 17.... it was a program Obama established that saves them from being deported if they meet certain requirements you have to renew your status every two years, Trump announced he is closing that program. Doesn't apply to new immigrants.

DACA means Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals 

Edited by Maria1989

38 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

No DACA that is a program for people who are basically here illegally but arrived prior to the age of 17.... it was a program Obama established that saves them from being deported if they meet certain requirements you have to renew your status every two years, Trump announced he is closing that program. Doesn't apply to new immigrants.

DACA means Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals 

Thank you. Sitting on pins and needles here lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, bcoakley06 said:

So does the end of Daca affect us in any way? Just getting worried we are almost day 120 and still no change. Thanks ib advance and god speed to you all.

It sure could. The DACA folks are required to apply or update status every 2 years. With threat of the program ending many could rush to renew and send the request to CSC which means less time for I-129F's.

The folks who work K-1 honey bunny visas also work other cases as well including DACA. Not all DACA applications go to CSC though. My understanding is that it is based upon what state you live it which then determines where to send the DACA request. 

44 minutes ago, LabOz said:

It sure could. The DACA folks are required to apply or update status every 2 years. With threat of the program ending many could rush to renew and send the request to CSC which means less time for I-129F's.

The folks who work K-1 honey bunny visas also work other cases as well including DACA. Not all DACA applications go to CSC though. My understanding is that it is based upon what state you live it which then determines where to send the DACA request. 

With some luck may gets through before it goes crazy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Stay positive!

Most service centers can require their employees to work up to 35 hours of overtime, which can be why we do often see notices and updates coming in over the weekend and over holidays!

The CSC isn't in the path of the hurricane bearing down on the United States, it's obviously in CA and the biggest event of the past few weeks has been a rather large fire.

This means that if your adjudicator wanted to pick up a few hours by coming in over the weekend, it's entirely possible for them to knock out a box or two of cases!

California does have a very high number of illegal aliens (exceeding 1M) and IIRC, 200,000 of those were DACA filers.  The current administration is stating that DACA is on the way out with only a 6 month reprieve.  If those folks who are benefiting from DACA have an option, it would behoove them to apply for some sort of Visa - which would increase the work load of the adjudicators in the future.

But for May filers, I would anticipate no impact.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, BJCHEW said:

How about IOS? 

Unfortunately it doesn't work in iOs, the similar case update I mean. It only shows a pie graph. Oh well. :(

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

Timeline

Hello May filers! I just wanted to share some news. One of my employees was a February filer with a Noa1 receive date of  Feb.9  His visa was approved on Sept. 5 so it was like 7 months from  start to finish.  If that is the case my Noa 1 is May 14 that means 7 months would be December. Hopefully they pick up the pace a little, if not there will be a lot of Christmas weddings. I could not think of a better Christmas gift than having my baby here! We all will start the New Year with a bang! lol no pun intended. Keep the faith my VJ pals. 

Edited by Hey Jude
spelling

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hey Jude said:

Hello May filers! I just wanted to share some news. One of my employees was a February filer with a Noa1 receive date of  Feb.9  His visa was approved on Sept. 5 so it was like 7 months from  start to finish.  If that is the case my Noa 1 is May 14 that means 7 months would be December. Hopefully they pick up the pace a little, if not there will be a lot of Christmas weddings. I could not think of a better Christmas gift than having my baby here! We all will start the New Year with a bang! lol no pun intended. Keep the faith my VJ pals. 

Not to b a poopyhead,

If it 7 months, there wont b any xmas weddings, with cfo, medical and interview, i was hoping to get my fiance over the holidays, but the longer this takes the more unaffordable the airfare becomes

Nothing we can do about it tho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wake up this morning with better hope, I scout a number of different groups with lots of connections and its all pretty reliable. Early hours of this morning UK time I've seen the first reported May 1st filer has been issued their Noa2 👍💪👊 so my hope is within 2 weeks I hear summit 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JrJonesy4 said:

I wake up this morning with better hope, I scout a number of different groups with lots of connections and its all pretty reliable. Early hours of this morning UK time I've seen the first reported May 1st filer has been issued their Noa2 👍💪👊 so my hope is within 2 weeks I hear summit 

You gave me hope as my NOA1 is May 1st too. hehe

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
10 hours ago, Brntorun said:

Not to b a poopyhead,

If it 7 months, there wont b any xmas weddings, with cfo, medical and interview, i was hoping to get my fiance over the holidays, but the longer this takes the more unaffordable the airfare becomes

Nothing we can do about it tho

Those 7 months are for all the process completed, including the medical and interview. And yes, it is possible.

We were lucky getting our NOA2 in "only" 121 days from NOA1 (126 days since Received date), but my interview is September 21st, so I'm hoping to have my Visa in hand in 6 months since we filed. 

Processing times have been increasing non stop in the last months, but even with that, 7 months is doable.

Good luck you all!

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Those 7 months are for all the process completed, including the medical and interview. And yes, it is possible.

We were lucky getting our NOA2 in "only" 121 days from NOA1 (126 days since Received date), but my interview is September 21st, so I'm hoping to have my Visa in hand in 6 months since we filed. 

Processing times have been increasing non stop in the last months, but even with that, 7 months is doable.

Good luck you all!

I wasnt questioning the 7 months

I was mentioning the xmas weddings, as may filers makes it very hard and super expensive for airfare :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Brntorun said:

I wasnt questioning the 7 months

I was mentioning the xmas weddings, as may filers makes it very hard and super expensive for airfare :(

Ooops sorry, I misunderstood that. And unfortunately you are right about airfares being expensive for the holidays. Specially because this process makes difficult to plan ahead and buy tickets in advance :wacko:

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

12 hours ago, smilei said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work in iOs, the similar case update I mean. It only shows a pie graph. Oh well. :(

Any iOs people can keep checking in here and us Android folks will keep everyone updated with similar cases from our USCIS app.

We are all in this together.

Day 130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.