Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MandyAlex said:

Our I-765 and I-131 petitions been approved (per email notification) since September 2. The case status online is not updated, shows Case Received May 10, and the I-485 shows Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview since June 11. Just got off the phone with a tier-2 supervisor filling a 3rd SR requesting why card has not been produced and shipped out. The previous 2 SR never got assigned, the wait continues. Anyone else experiencing the same or similar issue? 

Yep. My I-765 was initially rejected due to an outdated form that I used, which led to the EAD and AP being processed separately. I've already received my AP (September 12), EAD I resubmitted on June 01, went in for a 2nd Biometrics appt on June 29 and no updates since then. Filed a SR October 06, no response, called USCIS and they told me I need to wait 30 days after the filing date and call them back. Online status says SR has not be assigned as of yet. I'm in the process of contacting our Congresswoman about it, since I've been here for a year now (today actually marks my anniversary lol). I-485 shows Case Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview as of June 21, but that seems pretty common. I just wish I had filed AOS right away instead of waiting 3 months after I got married! Processing times definitely seem to have changed this year... Good luck to everyone in the same boat, we're gonna need it! <_<

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update on being stuck at Fingerprint Fee Received since May 9 for AOS (may 3 filing date):

Until now I haven't been able to put in any case inquiry on the USCIS website for my wife's case being outside of normal processing time.

Today, having been six months since we received the first and only Fingerprint Fee status (but got biometrics by mail and did that on June 1), the system allowed me to enter that inquiry.  We now have a service request dated Dec 1st for expecting a response.

So, if you are also stuck on Fingerprint Fee Received, I believe you can put in a case inquiry online for your case being outside of normal processing time 6 months later following that status.  

Will keep you all posted, good luck and God bless

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

We received text and e-mail notification that our interview has been scheduled for December 14!  Very exciting.   Applied May 11, so it's been a long road to here.

Hope everyone else hears good news soon! 

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

1 hour ago, Hawksquill said:

We received text and e-mail notification that our interview has been scheduled for December 14!  Very exciting.   Applied May 11, so it's been a long road to here.

Congratulations!

Edited by Troy P
Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is anyone her from the ft lauderdale area who has an interview coming up soon? If so what is your priority day?

Edited by YoungJ

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
20 hours ago, YoungJ said:

Is anyone her from the ft lauderdale area who has an interview coming up soon? If so what is your priority day?

Ours would be in the West Palm office...it appears it is moving slow as we still aren't scheduled for an interview. 

Edited by Troy P
Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

On 11/12/2017 at 10:16 AM, YoungJ said:

I'm in the Orlando area. I think we will have ours by beggining of next year.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 11/9/2017 at 9:11 PM, Hawksquill said:

Congratulations and good luck have a great interview 

Sent ASOS package I-130, i-130A, i-485, i-765, i-693, i-864, G-325A, G-11435: 04/25/2017

Packaged delivered to USCIS Chicago Lock box: 04/27/2017

Checks cashed: 04/28/2017

SMS/Email received: 05/02/2017

NOA in the mail: 05/08/2017

Biometrics appointment letter in the mail: 08/21/17

Biometrics appointment: 08/31/17

I-485 ready to be scheduled for interview: 09/06/17

I-765 card in production: 09/18/17

EAD card in the mail: 09/21/17

EAD card received: 09/25/17

interview had been scheduled: 04/13/18

interview noticed received: 04/20/18

Interview: 05/23/18

I485 approved: 05/25/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/9/2017 at 9:11 PM, Hawksquill said:

Congrats! Just shows how quickly some offices are moving compared with others. I filed a couple of weeks after you, case update to 'ready to be scheduled for interview' 2 weeks after your date, but now....nothing lol. Baltimore office for me. I went for an info pass appointment about my AP back in September (which I now have) and was told then that the NVC still had my I-485. He couldn't see anything they still needed (i've not had any RFE) but nothing has happened. I know Baltimore is way behind, so I"m not expecting interview until about May next year. 

I just checked what USCIS says about your Hartford office and it stated that they were processing January 17 applications as of end September. So seems like you had one of the quicker decisions :-)

With tears rolling down my eyes, I am happy to report that my EAD was approved after 205 days today (RD May 1st, NSC). 3 SRs, 2 expedite requests, multiple inquiries by congressional office. Waiting for the card now.

Edited by spanwilder

4 hours ago, spanwilder said:

With tears rolling down my eyes, I am happy to report that my EAD was approved after 205 days today (RD May 1st, NSC). 3 SRs, 2 expedite requests, multiple inquiries by congressional office. Waiting for the card now.

Congrats! Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from now on.

22 hours ago, spanwilder said:

Big Big Big congratulations to you, i know how exhausting the wait is as i am in the same position (sent package on the 4th, NOA on the 8th). I am still waiting for mine also and i have gone through SR & Expedite and was advised by the last USCIS Level 2 officer that i last spoke with not to do anything that it will come, she says the more i do the longer it'll take so i am just patiently waiting, hopefully mine comes soon also. Congratulations once again and i hope you get your interview soon.

22 hours ago, spanwilder said:

oh, pls try update your VJ Timeline also.

26 minutes ago, MamaBoyz said:

Big Big Big congratulations to you, i know how exhausting the wait is as i am in the same position (sent package on the 4th, NOA on the 8th). I am still waiting for mine also and i have gone through SR & Expedite and was advised by the last USCIS Level 2 officer that i last spoke with not to do anything that it will come, she says the more i do the longer it'll take so i am just patiently waiting, hopefully mine comes soon also. Congratulations once again and i hope you get your interview soon.

Thank you so much! And I was told something similar to by immigration officers at Boston field office, about not meddling with the application at all if possible. I honestly could not find a pattern for anything anyone said on the phone, congressional office or INFOpass.

Anyway, I wish you all the best too :)

And I have now updated my timeline.

6 hours ago, MamaBoyz said:

This. Honestly, I wish there was a way for someone to be held accountable for the nightmare (I don't even think this is an exaggeration anymore) we have to go through. Waiting and worrying for your AOS application is inevitable, sure, but the EAD?! Seriously? I'm simply curious to find out what kind of a system will choose for applicants who have filed MONTHS after some of us to be able to look for jobs as we speak, while the rest of us are sitting here wondering what more we could possibly do just to have somebody tell us not doing anything is actually better. I didn't really start worrying about it or did anything until after 4 months had passsed because I noticed it was all moving way too slow. So far contacting our Congresswoman's office doesn't really seem to help, as it's just another person calling them on your behalf, which apparently doesn't bother them in any way at all. At this point I feel like a simple explanation for the delay would suffice and then I would wait at peace for as long as it takes, but every time I call, somebody just files a SR on my behalf, and before I know it conversation is over and I don't even get to request to speak with a Tier 2 officer. I know a lot of us are going through the same thing and there isn't really much that could be done about it, but it's just so unfair and in all honesty - it's an extreme financial drain on our household's only income, even though we get a little bit of help from our parents. A slightly different scenario would make survival nearly impossible for us. Call it what you will, nothing could encourage me to work illegally more than the process of obtaining an EAD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.