Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, cool_beans said:

Do you know when we can submit an online SR for the i-485? I keep getting 'Case within normal processing times' whenever I try to submit one. We already have received the combo card. Thanks!

I tried twice to do it with the same result. I guess we should look at processing times for our local office. Mine shows December cases it is working on now. According to this logic we can put SR when it is closer to may. Correct me if it sounds wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, cool_beans said:

Do you know when we can submit an online SR for the i-485? I keep getting 'Case within normal processing times' whenever I try to submit one. We already have received the combo card. Thanks!

I believe it's after 6 months, as opposed to EAD which you can do after 90 days (technically 75)

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Timeline
24 minutes ago, papasmf said:

I believe it's after 6 months, as opposed to EAD which you can do after 90 days (technically 75)

That would be somehow better than looking at the processing times. But I couldn't find it on their website :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think they even show processing times for 485 for Missouri NBC if your's happens to be there like ours

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Athens said:

The processing time on uscis website is not correct. 

Right? And we know that from EAD processing time not corresponding to real cases. But what's then "normal processing time" for I-485 according to them? I don't understand :( 

Random question:

I just noticed that our case status for I-485 still says "ready to be scheduled for interview," but under next steps, it says:

"We will issue our decision and mail it to you.  Any action or step you may need to take will be on your decision notice."

Does this mean we'll receive a decision without having to go through the interview process?  Or local office seems to be very slow, so that would be great news.

Does anyone else have this or know what it means? 

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hawksquill said:

Random question:

I just noticed that our case status for I-485 still says "ready to be scheduled for interview," but under next steps, it says:

"We will issue our decision and mail it to you.  Any action or step you may need to take will be on your decision notice."

Does this mean we'll receive a decision without having to go through the interview process?  Or local office seems to be very slow, so that would be great news.

Does anyone else have this or know what it means? 

I have the same text in next steps. I think it's standard.

On 10/5/2017 at 12:11 PM, papasmf said:

Are there any other early May filers, AOS from K1, that are still on Fingerprint Fee Received and case at Missouri NBC like us?  

It's been 5 months no update on GC application - we did get my wife's EAD/AP combo card about a month ago though.

My wife is K1 to AOS, filed May 3 (fingerprint fee update is from May 9), and we are in New York (queens area).

best I can tell is we might be one of those who has interview waived but it will take 6-9 months to get GC

On 10/5/2017 at 12:16 PM, KiTu said:

May 15th here and we are still on Fingerprint Fee Received. Hoping it will change before Christmas!

May 3rd. No news on the GC status (just staying on "waiting for interview to be scheduled" since June 6th

All we have is the combo EAD / AP card. My wife received it about a month ago

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
starting to get nervous about our interview in one week. we have a huge pack of info we're bringing with us but not sure how else to prepare.

Removal of Conditions

08/14/2019: I-751 mailed
08/20/2019: I-751 delivered to Phoenix
08/26/2019: Check cashed 
08/29/2019: 18 month extension letter received 
01/08/2019: Biometrics completed

Naturalization

07/29/2020: N-400 submitted online

12/21/2020: Interview date

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, sarahandyunus said:
starting to get nervous about our interview in one week. we have a huge pack of info we're bringing with us but not sure how else to prepare.

Same here i have on 2nd november very confused what questions should i prepare. I have all the documents submitted to the uscis and apartment lease paper and joint bank account details and we had a baby 1 month before so her birth certificate and social security too.  And our pictures too. 

Anything else should i take with me

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, ohsnapitsginnay said:

We had our aos interview this morning! We were approved on the spot!!!!!!! Though it didn't make the interview any less intimidating lol.

We arrived about 15 mins before our 11am appt in Norfolk, VA. They called us back to a private room about 11:15. She had us raise our right hands and swear in. The first thing she asked is if we had any evidence to present to support our marriage. I brought joint phone bill, rental lease with both our names, joint car insurance, my life insurance with him listed as the beneficiary. She didn't even glance at them or blink an eye.  She was just staring at us saying "uh huh... ok.. what else" (talk about intimidating) then she asked for pictures to add to our file and all i had was our wedding album and a screenshot of our photographers blog. So she seemed kind of annoyed and asked to look through our album. Then she started asking about the timeline of our entire relationship and the dates of life events like cancer and the death of his dad.. (?) She continued looking through our album and said she rarely sees actual weddings rather than a courthouse style wedding. She started to tear up and expressed how much love she sees between us and how blessed we are by God. She went from intimidatingly tough to soft and sweet and said she recommends us for approval and that she hopes to find a love like ours someday. We had the online status change by the time we walked out to the car!!!  We were with her about 20 minutes! 

I was concerned about the health packet because we never sent or filled out any health paperwork or vaccine papers with his AOS because they took it at his port of entry and we had no copies of anything! I figured we would get an RFE to have his health redone since it's been over a year since the one for k-1 but all she said was "his health packet was submitted for his k-1 correct?" And we said yes and she said great! 

I think that's about all the details I can remember! Glad to be done for 2 years!

Oh And our "local" field office is 5 hours away....

IMG_20171019_142320_356.jpg

Congratulations guys!!! You look so good and happy together. God bless your family <3

Adjustment of Status Timeline

02/21/2015 Got married to USC

04/24/2017 Sent AOS package I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/27/2017 Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/05/2017 Checks cashed 

05/08/2017 Received NOA in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

05/19/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated 05/12/2017)

06/02/2017 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/2017 EAD/AP Approval Notice

08/21/2017 EAD/AP card is being produced

08/24/2017 EAD/AP Card mailed out

08/26/2017 Received EAD/AP card in the mail

06/14/2018 AOS Interview

06/14/2018 RFE for Medical at the Interview

06/15/2018 Approved I-130

06/19/2018 Submitted  new medical in person at local USCIS

07/03/2018 Sent renewal for EAD and AP

09/14/2018 USCIS responded to SR stating case was delayed due to security checks pending

11/26/2019 Received RFE from local office for  Expired Medical Exam

12/09/2019 Submitted Medical Exam for the third time via UPS to local USCIS office

12/16/2019 New card is being produced. 

12/17/2019 Approved I-485

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone 

I have a big dilemma,  I received my advance parole and EAD back in August in a combo card. My brother's wedding is in Mexico on 10/21/2017 and I don't know whether to go or not because I had a somehow  uncomfortable experience when crossing by land just one time. I would not like to miss it :(

When I received the combo card back in August I went to Mexico for one day and I returned by land by car with my spouse. The CBP told me that I should not be crossing with the EAD/AP card because he stated it is only valid for work and not to travel and I am neither a citizen or permanent resident as it states on the back of the card. I immediately pointed to him politely that the card says in the front valid for advanced parole. I did not want to argue with him or anything because I know it's not a right that we have to cross but rather a priviledge and it's up to their discretion whether they would let me in or not. He told us to park the car and sent us to second inspection  inside a building. I was fingerprinted and after two hours they issued a one time I-94 and allowed me to cross. I asked the second officer who was a really polite and friendly lady whether I could cross in the future for special ocassions or emergencies and she said she did not recommend it. 

So l feel bad because I don't want to miss a lifetime occasion such as my only brother's wedding and at the same time I don't want to be denied entry or compromise the AOS.

I am just hesitating because it says on the letter that " Parole into the US is not guaranteed" "Even though USCIS approved your advance parole, CBP may still refuse to parole you into the United States"

What do you guys think? I really appreciate your insight. 

Adjustment of Status Timeline

02/21/2015 Got married to USC

04/24/2017 Sent AOS package I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/27/2017 Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/05/2017 Checks cashed 

05/08/2017 Received NOA in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

05/19/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated 05/12/2017)

06/02/2017 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/2017 EAD/AP Approval Notice

08/21/2017 EAD/AP card is being produced

08/24/2017 EAD/AP Card mailed out

08/26/2017 Received EAD/AP card in the mail

06/14/2018 AOS Interview

06/14/2018 RFE for Medical at the Interview

06/15/2018 Approved I-130

06/19/2018 Submitted  new medical in person at local USCIS

07/03/2018 Sent renewal for EAD and AP

09/14/2018 USCIS responded to SR stating case was delayed due to security checks pending

11/26/2019 Received RFE from local office for  Expired Medical Exam

12/09/2019 Submitted Medical Exam for the third time via UPS to local USCIS office

12/16/2019 New card is being produced. 

12/17/2019 Approved I-485

33 minutes ago, jcrod9 said:

Hello Everyone 

I have a big dilemma,  I received my advance parole and EAD back in August in a combo card. My brother's wedding is in Mexico on 10/21/2017 and I don't know whether to go or not because I had a somehow  uncomfortable experience when crossing by land just one time. I would not like to miss it :(

When I received the combo card back in August I went to Mexico for one day and I returned by land by car with my spouse. The CBP told me that I should not be crossing with the EAD/AP card because he stated it is only valid for work and not to travel and I am neither a citizen or permanent resident as it states on the back of the card. I immediately pointed to him politely that the card says in the front valid for advanced parole. I did not want to argue with him or anything because I know it's not a right that we have to cross but rather a priviledge and it's up to their discretion whether they would let me in or not. He told us to park the car and sent us to second inspection  inside a building. I was fingerprinted and after two hours they issued a one time I-94 and allowed me to cross. I asked the second officer who was a really polite and friendly lady whether I could cross in the future for special ocassions or emergencies and she said she did not recommend it. 

So l feel bad because I don't want to miss a lifetime occasion such as my only brother's wedding and at the same time I don't want to be denied entry or compromise the AOS.

I am just hesitating because it says on the letter that " Parole into the US is not guaranteed" "Even though USCIS approved your advance parole, CBP may still refuse to parole you into the United States"

What do you guys think? I really appreciate your insight. 

I haven't used my AP yet but what about flying back? It seems ridiculous to miss a wedding when you have a valid travel document 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.