10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to start filling in my G-325A to send to my American fiancee but am having trouble fitting the month that I moved in to my house on the form. If I type November in to the form online Adobe shows part of the word and then a plus sign. Tried to fill in by hand but I've got monster writing so this won't fit either. Is there any other way to get around this or will they accept "Nov" on the form?

I also can't remember the start and end dates for my last job and I'm assuming that they will need this information. All your help is appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

It's been a long time sinc eI filled it in...can you use numbers? If you can just type 11/00/07 or whatever..that should work. Otherwise, just go with Nov....the forms need to be *complete* that is FOR SURE...but I don't think they're half as fussy about things like punctuation, the type of fasteners used in the packet, etc etc as so many people think! That said, I worried about the same sort of things when I filed mine, so I'm def. not looking down on you for it! Good luck for a speedy visa journey... :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

It's been a long time sinc eI filled it in...can you use numbers? If you can just type 11/00/07 or whatever..that should work. Otherwise, just go with Nov....the forms need to be *complete* that is FOR SURE...but I don't think they're half as fussy about things like punctuation, the type of fasteners used in the packet, etc etc as so many people think! That said, I worried about the same sort of things when I filed mine, so I'm def. not looking down on you for it! Good luck for a speedy visa journey... :) M.

Oh I wish it were that easy. But it actually asks for the month and year I moved in to the place. I just want to get these done today so I can stop thinking about them. Thanks for your help though and for the good luck!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Hmmm..what do you mean by that? You can't type 11/98 (or whatever it is?) If not, as I said, I would just go with the Nov. 98 (or whatever year) and not stress too much about it. (Again, I do understand the stressing though!)

..and you're quite welcome. :) M.

edited to add: the other option since you said you've got "monster writing" is to just.......force yourself to write small! ;) M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

You know what I had the same problem. What I did I printed all 4 Forms out and filled em out with a fine Pen. It is just a pain doing that cos you have to really fill in all 4 with a pen and you get tired after the first two lol.

I would print them out and try to fill em in with my handwriting,if you do it that way use a black pen!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Oh I wish it were that easy. But it actually asks for the month and year I moved in to the place. I just want to get these done today so I can stop thinking about them. Thanks for your help though and for the good luck!

Relax! For the month, either type 11 or NOV. No sweat.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks a lot for your help everyone. I've just noticed that the example forms on here show that on the first of the 4 pages the box that's been ticked at the bottom is the "Other" box with I-129 Fiancee Visa next to it but on the other 3 pages the "Naturalization" box has been ticked. A mistake?

You know what I had the same problem. What I did I printed all 4 Forms out and filled em out with a fine Pen. It is just a pain doing that cos you have to really fill in all 4 with a pen and you get tired after the first two lol.

I would print them out and try to fill em in with my handwriting,if you do it that way use a black pen!!!

I had to do the same thing. Every time I would go in to type the date, it would cut it off with the little + sign, so I very clearly wrote in all the dates by hand in black pen and made a little notation on my cover letter saying something like (please pardon the handwritten dates on the G-325A application - the form from the USCIS websit cut off part of the dates).

I-129F

10/23/2006 - I-129F approved (97 days from CSC)

AOS

03/03/2007 - Married!

03/14/2007 - I-485 + I-765 sent

03/21/2007 - NOA1, Checks cashed

06/01/2007 - EAD card production e-mail received (74 days)

07/27/2007 - EAD RECEIVED (57 days after approval)

11/29/2007 - Infopass appointment - file was sent to a storage facility before it was finished processing.

05/28/2008 - Received AOS Interview notice

07/10/2008 - AOS Interview-APPROVED pending fingerprints

09/22/2008 - GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Removing Conditions

06/04/2010 - Sent I-751

06/07/2010 - NOA1

06/09/2010 - Check cashed

07/22/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

09/08/2010 - Card production e-mail

Thanks a lot for your help everyone. I've just noticed that the example forms on here show that on the first of the 4 pages the box that's been ticked at the bottom is the "Other" box with I-129 Fiancee Visa next to it but on the other 3 pages the "Naturalization" box has been ticked. A mistake?

Probably. The example forms aren't perfect.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had to do the same thing. Every time I would go in to type the date, it would cut it off with the little + sign, so I very clearly wrote in all the dates by hand in black pen and made a little notation on my cover letter saying something like (please pardon the handwritten dates on the G-325A application - the form from the USCIS websit cut off part of the dates).

I actually opened the form in adobe acrobat 8.0 and modified the font of the the text feild and everything fit.

Attach the form and let me know the text you want to fit in it and maybe I can do it for you if you like.

For job dates just call Human resourse of you rprevios job and ask for a reference and dates and they will tell you them.

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.