Titiya

Approved Expedite request based on financial loss

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

I only found two examples of approved cases based on extreme financial loss at the visa journey website.  I am just wondering if there are more than two cases that get approved.  I submitted the request last Friday April 14 and just tried to get more guidance on approved request in order to prepare the cover letter and evidence.  Our petition is received on March 27 and gets forwarded to Nebraska Service Center.  I don't even know if our case will get auto expedite since I live with my husband in Guinea so the address on I 130 for both of us are Guinea addresses.  I am planning to submit change of address by mailing a letter to Nebraska USCIS though since I don't want NOA 2 or other communication to be delayed.  I will use my friend's address in CA for this.  I support us both financially.  I took a risk taking out money from my retirement to start up a business here in Guinea.  It has been at least a year after many trials and errors and exhausting my financial savings.  I left the States to go back to Thailand, my birth country, since May 2015.  I want to spend time with my dad who was diagnosed with cancer.  Additionally, fighting with my exhusband for divorce while being diagnosed with breast cancer for one whole year , I just need to feel the family love again.  I met my future husband in August 2015 in Thailand.  There are many trips we made between Thailand and Guinea since the products from my boutique are imported from Thailand.  We didn't get married until March 17 of this year.  It is not easy to live in Guinea since the infrastructure is not good.  The power outages become an on going daily event instead of a few times a week compared to when I first got here.  Our home has no running water and my husband or his relatives have to carry it from downstairs for me to use almost every day .  The city commuter train is ceased operation since January of this year.  The traffic in Conakry right now is worse than any big cities I have been to e.g.  Bangkok, New York City, or Boston.  It is impossible to increase my sales when the biggest sales event of the year at the county fair ended on time even if the opening was delayed by 5 days.  We can barely cover our expensive rent of almost $900.  Not including the fact that they schedule this event at the start of the rainy season when there is nothing scheduled for this venue since New Year.  And here the government can pretty much do anything they want with no repercussions.  You can sometimes sacrifice your quality of life if there is big financial rewards for you and your family but at this point there is none here in Guinea.

IMG_4343.PNG

IMG_4344.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Your post is a little confusing. You'll need to focus your efforts on demonstrating how your husband coming to the US sooner will significantly improve your financial situation.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Because of the job market for a black man in Thailand doesn't exist.  And to continue to operate my business in Guinea will drive us in a bigger financial loss than we already have.  With the rainy season that will start officially in June, we can barely make up for the rent and paying for the utilities in non rainy season.  Asides from all the hardship that we have to face on a daily basis by living in a corrupted undeveloped country?  I want my husband to relocate back with me to the States in the Buffalo area where I used to live for 18 years.  I had a good job where I worked with the same company for almost 9 years.  The job market in the Buffalo area today is much better than even when I first moved there.  Two people starts working to support each other is better than staying in the place where you are digging yourselves into a loss.  I can start making money and put back the money into my retirement fund.  The cost of living in the States is expensive.  To move back there by myself and try to support my husband in Guinea financially while waiting for his petition to be approved is almost impossible.   

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Many people live in "corrupt, undeveloped" countries. USCIS only cares about hardship to you, the USC. But in their eyes, you can return whenever (without your husband). You need to show why a) you can't return without your husband ("sucks to be apart" doesn't count) or b) why your husband not immigrating with you causes extreme financial hardship to you (is there a reason you can't work/support yourself upon return to the US?)

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.