dradnkhan

Case Completed.. want to add beneficiary..

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys need a little help here.. I petitioned for my wife and son on 23 july 2015, and my case was completed by NVC on 5th April 2017.. my PD will be current with in next month or two.. I was blessed with another kid in Nov 16 and was waiting to add him to the petition.. 8 days before the case was approved i.e. 28th march I sent email to NVC along with scanned documents of my second child asking them to add a new beneficiary they haven't replied yet...Just now I called NVC asked them about the status of addition they said.. it will not be able to do so.. I am concerned that in next few month IV date will be scheduled but what about my second child..? I know I was late in adding him but keeping in mind the time it takes in India to get the required documents and my own personal busy schedule. I read many posts online people saying that they were able to add new beneficiary even after case being complete but this customer rep from NVC told me that if I want to add another beneficiary case has to be opened again and it will take the same time of 4 months to add new beneficiary.. I am very concerned as I had planned everything accordingly for the next 6 months... Any comments and advice's highly appreciated.. thank you

Filed: Country:
Timeline

not the most constructive but why would you wait 4.5 months to let them know you have another kid. you could have easily emailed them that you had one and will send the documents when you get them. what could have been more important that you could have not taken time out of your "personal busy schedule" to work on your child's immigration stuff.  sadly I see uscis responding with it will be 4 more months to add the child and expect to do dna evidence to make sure it is yours and your 6 month plan needing some changes. hopefully this can be a good learning experience in making sure not to drag your feet with immigration.

good luck and hopefully they go quick on adding the kid.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I understand that I should have done it as soon as possible but I cannot explain my how my life is and whats keeping me busy, spoke to NVC rep again this morning he said that I have to wait for the reply to the email i sent them 8 days before Case complete and see what NVC decides.. whether they woulf reopen the case or they will tell me to add beneficiary at embassy. Finger crosses. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.