ShawnSpiker

How to remove the condition with being divorce?

49 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

OK, But you guys make me feel crazy because my lawyer said it is ok and we will wright a letter explain it is not a married, Is he try to trick me, Or he just don't know! or it could be but risky!
I am not happy with him now.
What do you think!

OK, But you guys make me feel crazy because my lawyer said it is ok and we will wright a letter explain it is not a married, Is he try to trick me, Or he just don't know! or it could be but risky!

What do you guys think!

Edited by ShawnSpiker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
5 hours ago, ShawnSpiker said:

What do you guys think!

Very confusing thread.  So to understand better this is your situation:  You came over on a K-1 visa then got married.  You are now divorced and are trying to ROC.  So you are now asking whether or not to include a picture of a non-legal ceremony that took place before you came to the USA on a K-1 visa? 

If this is the case I don't think it would make much of a difference one way or the other.  Maybe your attorney has some insight as to why you should include the picture along with a letter.

Edited by Cruise77

2 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

Very confusing thread.  So to understand better this is your situation:  You came over on a K-1 visa then got married.  You are now divorced and are trying to ROC.  So you are now asking whether or not to include a picture of a non-legal ceremony that took place before you came to the USA on a K-1 visa? 

If this is the case I don't think it would make much of a difference one way or the other.  Maybe your attorney has some insight as to why you should include the picture along with a letter.

I actually don't think so, He just want to say the truth and the facts. Everyone in here said it is not good idea and it could be very risky.

Edited by ShawnSpiker

I have another problem: Me and my wife were separated for over the year. she file the tax return for me and her together but she but her address,
Did they care for the USCIS about the address
It does matters or it does not matters!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I actually don't think so, He just want to say the truth and the facts. Everyone in here said it is not good idea and it could be very risky.

Not trying to be rude but helpful here.  It seems there is a definite language barrier.  *confused*

12 minutes ago, Cruise77 said:

Not trying to be rude but helpful here.  It seems there is a definite language barrier.  *confused*

What's make you confused exactly.

The lawyer was telling something and every one else is telling me something different.

Where is the miss-understanding!

13 hours ago, ShawnSpiker said:

The problem that we did not have wedding in America!

Eh? How was your AOS approved? If you didn't have a wedding, how can you be divorced? Something not right here. Was the "photo session" in your home country really a wedding? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Perhaps you have other pictures you could submit, although people have engagement parties all the time. I think it is a personal choice and not up to a stranger to decide. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, ShawnSpiker said:

What's make you confused exactly.

The lawyer was telling something and every one else is telling me something different.

Where is the miss-understanding!

You're saying throughout your marriage you have nothing worthy of showing that you guys were legitimately married? 

You can definitely tell the truth as per your lawyer's suggestion but why those pictures specifically? its not lying if the pictures are not brought up. Its not like during your interview they're going to be like why didnt you bring those pictures of you and your at the time fiance that looked like a wedding celebration but in reality it wasn't a wedding celebration. I can't imagine being married to someone whether it be a a year or two or even a month and not having any evidence of co-mingling of anything....

7 hours ago, JFH said:

Eh? How was your AOS approved? If you didn't have a wedding, how can you be divorced? Something not right here. Was the "photo session" in your home country really a wedding? 

I was only a photo session! But We was Waring a wedding clothes

1 hour ago, ngu21020 said:

You're saying throughout your marriage you have nothing worthy of showing that you guys were legitimately married? 

You can definitely tell the truth as per your lawyer's suggestion but why those pictures specifically? its not lying if the pictures are not brought up. Its not like during your interview they're going to be like why didnt you bring those pictures of you and your at the time fiance that looked like a wedding celebration but in reality it wasn't a wedding celebration. I can't imagine being married to someone whether it be a a year or two or even a month and not having any evidence of co-mingling of anything....

We have few but not everything, and everything with here

Edited by ShawnSpiker

2 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Perhaps you have other pictures you could submit, although people have engagement parties all the time. I think it is a personal choice and not up to a stranger to decide. 

I just want to get some opinion. 

Is it a problem to have many different address on the tax return as long we still married but separated and we file taxes together.
Or it could be a problem! doing that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.