ShawnSpiker

How to remove the condition with being divorce?

49 posts in this topic

Just now, Pinkrlion said:

Then dont use the picture, focus on other evidence, u will have an interview regardless.

You are right but the lawyer told me to write letter say it was only celebration.
I start be worried about the lawyer too.

The problem that we did not have wedding in America!

Forget the pictures period! Too much of a headache, plus photos are NOT a requirement for the ROC process. Regardless of whether you are still married or divorced when filing for ROC, they are looking for co-mingling finances. Nothing more, nothing less.

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

2 minutes ago, QueenComley said:

Forget the pictures period! Too much of a headache, plus photos are NOT a requirement for the ROC process. Regardless of whether you are still married or divorced when filing for ROC, they are looking for co-mingling finances. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes. I have not so much evidence since all the paper with my wife. This is why the lawyer said pictures is very important. with the affidavits letters.
What do you think.

Just now, ShawnSpiker said:

Yes. I have not so much evidence since all the paper with my wife. This is why the lawyer said pictures is very important. with the affidavits letters.
What do you think.

I think not.

Photos will not help IMO. It was established at the AOS stage that you were married. Photos were for the AOS stage. Not for ROC.

1 minute ago, QueenComley said:

I think not.

Photos will not help IMO. It was established at the AOS stage that you were married. Photos were for the AOS stage. Not for ROC.

What I have to do now, I have not so many states financially to show since everything was under her control.
What I should do! 

Just now, ShawnSpiker said:

What I have to do now, I have not so many states financially to show since everything was under her control.
What I should do! 

For anything not co-mingling as far as financial matters are concerned I would include a letter explaining why. What evidence do you have other than photos that you could use? Things to consider

• Joint bank statements
  • Joint tax returns
  • Joint lease/mortgage
  • Joint credit cards
  • Joint health Insurance policies
  • Joint utility bills
  • Joint car insurance policies

just to name a few.....

For anything not co-mingling as far as financial matters are concerned I would include a letter explaining why. What evidence do you have other than photos that you could use? Things to consider

• Joint bank statements
  • Joint tax returns
  • Joint lease/mortgage
  • Joint credit cards
  • Joint health Insurance policies
  • Joint utility bills
  • Joint car insurance policies

just to name a few.....

Yes, For example, I don't have 

• Joint lease/mortgage: because We did not have any
  • Joint credit cards: we had but I was only a authorized user and she kick me out recently, I can't prove it 
  • Joint health Insurance policies: we did not have heathlt insurence at all, but she has one under her family
  • Joint utility bills: it was only under her name only.
    :(

you will need to include a letter explaining this

Just simple letter saying that why we did not have so and so!
That set. Do you think this will be enough.
Is it any other advice you could advice me!
Can I use some of the wedding pictures and say it was only a photo session before we came to USA

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Can I use some of the wedding pictures and say it was only a photo session before we came to USA

Risky

6 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Photos are not evidence at the ROC stage. It was already established that you were married when your AOS was approved, they are not looking for photographic evidence, just co-mingling finances. As someone has already stated you will likely be called up for an interview so you can explain to them the reasons why you had nothing in joint names during your marriage. Honestly, when you applied for AOS you should have known that the requirements for ROC was co-mingling finances. You had 2 years to collect as much evidence as possible. Why did neither of you do this?

Edited by QueenComley

1 minute ago, Transborderwife said:

Risky

you mean he could think that this is a fraud just for celebration.
I did that for my mom
Ok I will not use them than.

Photos are not evidence at the ROC stage. Its established you were married when your AOS was approved, they are not looking for photographic evidence, just co-mingling finances. As someone has already stated you will likely be called up for an interview so you can explain to them the reasons why you had nothing in joint names during your marriage. Honestly, when you applied for AOS you should have known that the requirements for ROC was co-mingling finances. You had 2 years to collect as much evidence as possible. Why did neither of you do this?

I did not do anything, she did it all. 
I loved her, I never ever think that will happen. this is why I was not really care.
Now, I know I am wrong. I am just sorry for myself. 
I am just trying to find a way.

25 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

you mean he could think that this is a fraud just for celebration.
I did that for my mom
Ok I will not use them than.

OK, But you guys make me feel crazy because my lawyer said it is ok and we will wright a letter explain it is not a married, Is he try to trick me, Or he just don't know! or it could be but risky!
I am not happy with him now.
What do you think!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.