Kigol16

Petitioner got a new job (adjustment of status interview coming up)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi!

My husband (petitioner) and I have our initial interview to adjust my status / register as a permanent resident coming up on May 1st.

My husband just changed jobs on March 22nd, and for the interview we are required to bring pay stubs for 2 months. But he'll only have for 1 month. Is this likely to be a problem?

Also, it says on the interview notice that we should bring a completed affidavit of support if we haven't already submitted one. But we have submitted one, except the information on that one is no longer true.

Should we bring another one with updated information from his new job? Or will that not be acceptable since he was just hired? Should we find someone else to sponsor me?

My husband has not had any gaps in his employment history for years, but he is skilled in his profession and is headhunted by talent scouts, so when better job opportunities appeared, he grabbed it. His new job, of course, still fulfills the income requirements to sponsor me.

I will very very much appreciate any advice. I am SO worried and anxious now that we are so close to the finish line. It's been such a nerve-wrecking process.

If the info on the i864 is no longer the reality, bring a new one and it's supporting documents. It's hard to say what your interviewing officer will think but looking at the situation from an outsiders point of view, the current income of your sponsor doesn't look like it's stable enough, and I'd think about having a sponsor and getting all the forms and docs ready for showing that on the interview too

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family Visa forum as OP is asking about that part of the process *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.