seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Amzonian said:

Greeting Everyone!

Our I-751 have been approved yesterday. Just like everyone else, we have also received a notification of case transfer. But there was no interview.

we applied on April 28, 2017 and according to USCIS notification, we were approved on the 20th of  April.

We hope this may help monitoring progress of VSC fillers to project any outcome. Good luck to everyone!

congrats, what is your NOA date ?

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

We had hoped to receive our approval by now.  Seems like we are going backwards.

We received your case Feb 26 2018   (https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant)

My Case was Received at My Local Office On Feb 27, 2018  (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus)

My Case was Received at My Local office On April 9, 2018  (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus)

Today, we receive an email:  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time… We last took action on your case on Feb 26, 2018   (no-reply@uscis.dhs.gov)

12 minutes ago, Y3+E said:

We had hoped to receive our approval by now.  Seems like we are going backwards.

My Case was Received at My Local Office On Feb 27, 2018  (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus)

My Case was Received at My Local office On April 9, 2018  (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus)

Today, we receive an email:  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time… We last took action on your case on Feb 26, 2018   (no-reply@uscis.dhs.gov)

Hopefully, we'll all hear good news very soon. Many April filers have been approved since the last transfer notice.

42 minutes ago, Y3+E said:

@Y3+E we are in the same boat and the websites show the same information as you when I log-in in.

Let's see what are they going to do with the pending April filers at the end of the month, my NOA is dated 04/24/2017 (one year tomorrow)

Hey guys the struggle has been real. I was just about to schedule an infopass when an email came in saying my card has been ordered. My NOA is 4/17/2017 and I filled at VSC. Good luck to everyone

image.png.712a5a91e05a8a0157fda8c3f18d056d.png

12 hours ago, gnunez12 said:

Hi all we just checked the status today and it changed over the weekend to card is being produced. We are so happy and relieved ...we VSC filers NOA1 4/7/17. Good luck to everyone getting their approvals.

So all of the lucky approved ones are Vermont filers! Any updates for California filers?

58 minutes ago, Bella1464 said:

So all of the lucky approved ones are Vermont filers! Any updates for California filers?

Looks like they are processing the ROC for Octobers 2016 California filers. We are 6/7 months behind the VSC filers. =(
My NOA is 04/16/2017 CSC filer. I just applied for N-400 (pending I-751) to have both processed together. Crossed fingers. Good luck all!

5 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

Looks like they are processing the ROC for Octobers 2016 California filers. We are 6/7 months behind the VSC filers. =(
My NOA is 04/16/2017 CSC filer. I just applied for N-400 (pending I-751) to have both processed together. Crossed fingers. Good luck all!

Ugh....SO what's the word? Is it better for apply for N-400 while waiting? Is it going to slow down or speed us the process?

4 minutes ago, Bella1464 said:

Ugh....SO what's the word? Is it better for apply for N-400 while waiting? Is it going to slow down or speed us the process?

Mmm This is the question!!! It depends on the office where the case will be processed. Here in Los Angeles i think it will take about the same time, but at least until the end of the year my husband and I are expecting to have both process done.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bella1464 said:

Definitely depends on the local office in question. For example, I've noticed that the Chicago office is SUPER fast. People who applied for the N-400 in March have already begun getting interviews. Meanwhile, San Jose for example still hasn't scheduled an interview for people who applied in October of 2017 (I didn't bother looking further back than that as it was too painful. It could very well be a lot worse).

So I would say, look into previous months' N-400 filers threads and try to figure out if your local office has a decent wait time. Then apply for the N-400 online if you see fit.

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

14 minutes ago, Bandaria said:

Definitely depends on the local office in question. For example, I've noticed that the Chicago office is SUPER fast. People who applied for the N-400 in March have already begun getting interviews. Meanwhile, San Jose for example still hasn't scheduled an interview for people who applied in October of 2017 (I didn't bother looking further back than that as it was too painful. It could very well be a lot worse).

So I would say, look into previous months' N-400 filers threads and try to figure out if your local office has a decent wait time. Then apply for the N-400 online if you see fit.

Thank you. Good call...It really depends on each case I guess. Hoping for the best and staying positive : ) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.