seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Elle&Kev said:

I’m not saying anyone is here illegally while waiting with expired extensions. Everyone is legal while the case is pending until a decision is made.

However, if you have to prove your case is still pending an expired green card and an expired extension gives no proof. So to prove you are awaiting a decision we get extension letters and then follow up stamps. 

If you never have to prove anything to anyone then sit and wait. Good luck trying to take an expired extension into a DMV office or return back into the United States.

If you’re waiting with your case in the CSC I suggest getting your stamp to save the hassle in the event you need to prove your situation. 

yeah, thats true, if you need to prove to anyone your status, then you will have to get stamp, stamp, and stamp :jest:

hey guys,

i just realized something.

My passport is in my maiden name and my green card is in my married name. I never have a problem when traveling but i wonder if it'll be an issue when they put the extension stamp on it. anyone hear about anything like this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey everyone. So, I sent an inquiry to us uscis, they responded and my update said that it was transferred to the local office, which was not the case, mine is still in csc, so you might want to check that out. Also, I found out that the expiration date is a year from when my gc expired, so it's both good news 😊 probably still have to wait another 5-6 months or so!

event.png event.png

Timeline for our K-1 Fiance Visa:

09-27-13: Sent to Texas Lockbox

09-30-13: Recieved by USCIS - Confirmation sent by email

10-03-13: NOA1 from USCIS by email

10-15-13: NOA1 , hardcopy recieved

10-24-13: Alien registration nr was changed

11-12-13: NOA2 from USCIS by email

11-18-13: NOA2 , hardcopy recieved

12-04-13: Our case was shipped to NVC

12-10-13: NVC recieved

12-13-13: Got NVC case nr

12-18-13: Case sent to embassy

01-17-14: Medical exam.

01-23-14: Interview appt.

01-27-14: RFE sent

02-04-14: Approved

02-06-14: Recieved my visa

02-10-14: Poe FLL

04-18-14: Got married

Timeline for my AOS:

09-27-14: Sent to Chicago lockbox

10-03-14: Recieved by USCIS - Confirmation sent by email

10-21-14: Recieved an rfe by email

11-19-14: Rfe recieved by USCIS

02-18-15: Recieved a NPIW letter

07-23-15: Greencard is being produced

07-23-15: A welcome letter has been mailed<p>

07-27-15: Received the welcome letter

08-18-15 card was mailed to me

08-20-15 Received greencard in mail

Timeline for my EAD:

09-27-14: Sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-30-14: Recieved by USCIS - Confirmation sent by email

12-02-14: EAD approved

12-01-15: Biometrics appt.

12-01-15: Card in process and are being mailed

20-01-15: EAD card recieved in the mail

Has anyone who’s recently approved received the GC?

36 minutes ago, Oli_C said:

Has anyone who’s recently approved received the GC?

I meant anyone who got approved in April...

24 minutes ago, journeymanprof said:

I got the physical letter, which said GC is one the way and actually urged me to not travel during this time. Luckily I have no such plans.. 

I had an inquery before I got the approval, and I got an email saying that they were working on my inquiry, found out my card was sent on 4/11. I received the approval letter (dated 4/10) on 4/16, but not the card... just wondering if it’s normal :(

my USCIS check status does not show my card is mailed either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, simraaziz said:

hey guys,

My passport is in my maiden name and my green card is in my married name. I never have a problem when traveling but i wonder if it'll be an issue when they put the extension stamp on it. anyone hear about anything like this?

I want to know too.  I just scheduled my wife for an infopass in two weeks to have her passport stamp the extension.  Just to be sure,  I am bringing with us an official AKA letter from our embassy showing that her name on the passport and the I751 are of the same person.

13 hours ago, simraaziz said:

hey guys,

2 hours ago, geff44 said:

I want to know too.  I just scheduled my wife for an infopass in two weeks to have her passport stamp the extension.  Just to be sure,  I am bringing with us an official AKA letter from our embassy showing that her name on the passport and the I751 are of the same person.

My passport and my extension letter are different names also. I went to get my stamp and requested if they would please give me an I-94 card with the stamp since I plan to apply for a new passport from my embassy here with the updated name. The officer had no issues with that and took 1 passport size photo and stamped and endorsed the white card - I got the extension for another year. Hope this helps :) 

12 hours ago, VeraBradley said:

My passport and my extension letter are different names also. I went to get my stamp and requested if they would please give me an I-94 card with the stamp since I plan to apply for a new passport from my embassy here with the updated name. The officer had no issues with that and took 1 passport size photo and stamped and endorsed the white card - I got the extension for another year. Hope this helps :) 

Awesome! thank you. that makes me feel so much better. so instead of the passport they put on the i94. thats interesting. didnt know that was an option.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys!

I woke up to an email from uscis saying that an action was taken on my case and when I checked it says that my card is being produced  :D I’m a VSC filer and my NOA date is 04/28/2017. So happy! 

Good luck to everyone! 

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

19 hours ago, redusa said:

Yes i got it

Congrats! When did your case got approved? And did you get your status update on “card mailed”? Thanks!

Greeting Everyone!

Our I-751 have been approved yesterday. Just like everyone else, we have also received a notification of case transfer. But there was no interview.

we applied on April 28, 2017 and according to USCIS notification, we were approved on the 20th of  April.

We hope this may help monitoring progress of VSC fillers to project any outcome. Good luck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.