seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, journeymanprof said:

Let me give my two cents concerning N-400 applications while the ROC is pending. I spoke to an attorney and she categorically recommended applying for N-400 as soon you become eligible (if becoming a citizen is indeed something you are interested in). Especially, since applying online is so easy and you do not need to submit a ton of documents with your N-400 since you are going to have an interview regardless (so bring all the additional stuff to said interview.)

At least in our local office (Boston), the processing times are very fast (about 3-4 months for an N-400), so you are very likely to get your citizenship even before your ROC is decided. Given the way the immigration winds are blowing, I just feel much better having the citizenship as soon as possible. 

n-400 can only be approved AFTER i-751 is approved 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, gc@gc said:

n-400 can only be approved AFTER i-751 is approved 

Yes. And applying for the N400 forces adjudication of the I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just got this update on my case:

We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing

Read the notice we mailed you for an explanation on why we transferred your case

(note that I had already gotten the "transfer to local office" update on February 26th)

Any idea what it could mean? Could it be because I applied for Naturalization so they had to transfer my case over to the office that is processing that?

Man, the wait to get the letter with the "explanation" is going to feel like forever!

K-1 Visa:                                                                             ROC:

04-16-2014 - I-129F Petition filed                                   04-04-2017 - Mailed ROC application

05-30-2014 - NOA2 Approved                                         04/20/2017 - NOA received

09-10-2014 - Interview- VISA APPROVED                      05/12/2017 - Biometrics

01-10-2015 - POE: San Francisco                                    06/06/2018 - I-551 Stamp in passport

01-12-2015 - Married                                                         11/28/2018 - Joint I-751 & N400 Interview
                                                                                              11/29/2018 - Approved 

AOS:                                                                                       Naturalization:

02-26-2015 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP                              27-03-2018 - Filed online application
03-12-2015 - NOA received for AOS, EAD & AP              04/03/2018 - Biometrics
04-13-2015 - Biometrics                                                     10/24/2018 - "Interview Scheduled" status
05-21-2015 - EAD/AP combo card delivered                  11/28/2018 - Interview
06-24-2015 - Interview for AOS, Approved.                     11/30/2018 - Status: "In Line for Oath Ceremony"
07-09-2015 - Green card in hand                                       01/17/2019 - Oath Ceremony

11 minutes ago, Youni27 said:

Hi

guys,

I am following this fourm for a long time, today i would like to share good news with you. I am a VSC filer.

Screenshot_20180406-122641.png

Congrats!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Youni27 said:

Hi

guys,

I am following this fourm for a long time, today i would like to share good news with you. I am a VSC filer.

Screenshot_20180406-122641.png

Congratulations! What's your NOA date?

Hello dear immigrants!

I just joined the forum. I mailed my I - 751 in April 2017, apparently in 03/05/2018 my case was received by the local office (CA). Is it true that is taking them between 17.5-19 months to resolve the cases??? My I -797 obviously will expire in April, what happens if i want to travel? Do I have to get an I - 551 stamp in the passport?

Thanks!

Saw this on my Facebook today :huh::o^_^ So nuts. I'm assuming she already had an expired 10 year one or something, no idea how it would of been so quick. If so the difference is crazy.

Anyways I've got the same question as DeBatavia. My extension expires on June 30th but I'm going to visit family in England from June 12th to August meaning it'll expire when I'm out there, so I'll need that I-551 stamp right? I'm thinking about getting an apt at the end of May as we move in June. Hopefully it'll go well as its earlier 🤔lol Think that's it, good luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations on those who have been approved already 😊

Screenshot_20180407-160842.png

Edited by Charlii&Rich

omg, got a shock from the mail this week - ROC approved! (which i thought was biometrics date for my N-400)

looks like it's true that submitting N400 speeds up the ROC approval

if you have this same situation you should definitely go for the N-400 once eligible !

Timeline
June 22, 2018 - LPR for 3 years

Apr 03, 2018 - approval notice date for ROC (no interview)
Apr 03, 2018 - received NOA for N-400
Mar 30, 2018 - submitted N-400 online (basis of 3 yrs)

------------

June 12, 2017 - biometrics appt for ROC
May 05, 2017 - received NOA for ROC

Apr 15, 2017 - submitted ROC

------------
June 23, 2015 - Green card issued (waited 1 year, no interview)
June 23, 2014 - Wedding

Hey everyone. I just wanted to share with you all, that today i got the approval email in the morning. I aplied march 31-2017. Noa 04-17, finger prints april 28. VSC FILER,  local office newark, New Jersey.

P.S. want to thank everyone of you guys, you guys been a big help. Wish to you all that wait comes to an and soon.8446F5B6-77C4-484A-B13B-A0255A14BD0C.thumb.jpeg.6056d7111a4cb2c00f4cebcd499cb5a5.jpeg

1 hour ago, journeymanprof said:

Got another "Case Was Received at My Local Office" a third one I believe...  Maybe they are finally reviewing it :)

I got same update this morning. Hopefully, something positive will happen soon.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:43 AM, Jungleboy said:

Hey everyone. I just wanted to share with you all, that today i got the approval email in the morning. I aplied march 31-2017. Noa 04-17, finger prints april 28. VSC FILER,  local office newark, New Jersey.

P.S. want to thank everyone of you guys, you guys been a big help. Wish to you all that wait comes to an and soon.8446F5B6-77C4-484A-B13B-A0255A14BD0C.thumb.jpeg.6056d7111a4cb2c00f4cebcd499cb5a5.jpeg

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing.  Our NOA1 is five days behind yours, so gives us hope.  ;-)

On 4/7/2018 at 2:56 AM, DeBatavia said:

Hello dear immigrants!

I just joined the forum. I mailed my I - 751 in April 2017, apparently in 03/05/2018 my case was received by the local office (CA). Is it true that is taking them between 17.5-19 months to resolve the cases??? My I -797 obviously will expire in April, what happens if i want to travel? Do I have to get an I - 551 stamp in the passport?

Thanks!

What’s the expiration date on your 2-year green card? I think I-751 extends that date for another year.

You need to go to the local office to get another letter for extension when it’s close to your current one year extension. And that letter’s date will be the new date for the next one year extension. At least that’s what I have heard.

Well, approvals for this April Group are not coming as fast as I had hoped.

Our VSC NOA is 21 April 2017.

Yesterday, we received four emails stating:

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on February 26, 2018.

============================

When I checked the status page online 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus

The Status said: 

my_logo.png

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So, this is the second Received At My Local Office notification this year.

Edited by Y3+E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.