k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all, requested to expedite... I requested on the 8th august. The next day the USICS reqested for the evidence since im doing on severe finacial loss to company as i have been asked to work for a company here in international BDM.. also severe fiancial loss to individual as i cannot work to i get my EAD and my start date is september 4th 2017 at new job.. I faxed all the documentation the same day and it kept saying server busy or offline... i then tried for the seventh time and said 'ok'.. my questions are 1) can i ring to confirm they recieved ? also how long to they will come back with a answer ? cheers

3 hours ago, lovewins2016 said:

@MAYNYCFiler2017 That's good! I am hoping that you receive your card any day this week. 

@OBGYNKENOBI Congratulations on your case's progress! I am somewhat bothered by the fact that your online status did not change to "Interview is Scheduled." It is scary that aside from the physical letter, there's no other indication that your case is already scheduled for an interview. 😖 What if the letter did not arrive and the online status did not change at all? 😖 But anyways, good thing you got yours. 👍🏼

As for the I-693, if your K-1 medical and DS-3025 (vaccination worksheet) are still within 1 year at the time of your interview, then I think you should be fine. A word of caution though: there are posts claiming that not all IOs are aware of this. 😔

@lovewins2016 I was thinking the same. It is indeed scary, specially since USPS is not reliable at all. We have lost a couple of important IRS notices so it worries me. :unsure:

@OBGYNKENOBI Congrats! Finally after a long long wait, there's good news! :D Good luck for the interview and keep us posted. :)

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

My wife just had her green card interview today. Everything went really well!!!! She got approved right away:D

She will receive her approval notice within a week and should receive her green card within 3 weeks!!!!!

The immigration officer was very nice and he did not ask any questions. The only thing he wants from us were Joint bank account, and some additional pictures. 

05/23/2019 I-751 Package Sent Through Fedex

05/24/2019 Packet Delivered to USCIS (Lewisville, TX)

05/31/2019 NOA 1 Received

09/20/2019 Case Status Updated To "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

09/27/2019 I-797C Hard Copy Received (Letter said no biometric appointment is needed)

11/08/2019 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (11/19)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
21 minutes ago, yutekao said:

My wife just had her green card interview today. Everything went really well!!!! She got approved right away:D

She will receive her approval notice within a week and should receive her green card within 3 weeks!!!!!

The immigration officer was very nice and he did not ask any questions. The only thing he wants from us were Joint bank account, and some additional pictures. 

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@strider4 hi thanks! will do.:D here's the funny thing. the status updates just popped up at exactly 5pm today alongside with the text updates like 5 at the same time! hopefully it did cause what if it got lost in the mail and no online status update? that'll be more stress on us right?

@cyanmavi hi thanks! thanks for the heads up! :)im sorry i need to make a clarification on that. it should be i have not filed the i693 form instead of i did not include etc...i believe if my medical is within 1 year then its not yet expired so im good. i am aware though that not all(from what ive read) IO are aware of this. so im crossing fingers. will update you guys too how the interview will go:D

@McBen hi thanks! oh so i shouldve raised that concern when i made an infopass...totally forgot about it cause i was thinking ead/ap will not move unless the bio's done so i didnt pay much attention to it...what will happen if the GC comes before the ead/ap? thanks!

@lovewins2016 hi! thanks. i know thats why i was thinking when i received it in the mail yesterday. i did checked my online status but nada...but guess what, today at 5pm, i received 5 texts all at once. then i checked my online status, it changed! it said as of August 10, we scheduled your interview on sept 13 etc.... see, what if it gets lost in the mail and the online updates are late...that'll be so stressful on our side...yea i understand about the i693...i hope the IO that is assigned to my case knows about the validity:blink: crossing fingers and toes until the interview for that:D

@papasmf thanks! thats what i was thinking too about the i693...i shouldve received rfe for it but i didnt so i guess its a go :D regarding the ead/ap, it totally slipped my mind. i thought it aint gonna move unless the bios not done. so im doing the sr. thanks:D wait, what happens when the GC comes first before ead/ap?

thanks everyone! weeww...we're all in this together....almost there almost there....

K-1 Timeline:

04/15/2016: I-129f mailed to Lewisville, TX

04/18/2016: Received in Lewisville, TX

04/20/2016: NOA1 (CSC)

04/25/2016: NOA1 Hard copy

06/29/2016: NOA2 Case approved!(70 days)

07/02/2016: NOA2 Hard copy

07/22/2016:  NVC Case Assigned

07/25/2016: NVC In Transit

07/27/2016: NVC Case Ready

08/31/2016: NVC Letter

10/05/2016: Approved Medical Exam

10/13/2016: Approved Interview

01/25/2017: US Entry (SFO)

See you all in the next journey and forums! Happy Holidays everyone!

AOS Timeline:

04/27/2017: AOS,EAD,AP sent to Chicago, IL

04/28/2017: delivered/received package

05/02/2017: AOSEAD, AP cases received thru sms/email

05/06/2017: 3 NOA1s received via mail with receipt notice dates 05/02/2017 (NBC)

07/21/2017: Biometrics done after 2 phone service inquiries and an infopass appointment

08/17/2017: EAD in production / AP no update since NOA1

08/23/2017: EAD/AP Combo card received

09/13/2017: Approved Interview

Thanks everyone for your help! At least we can rest for now...until ROC! :-)

28 minutes ago, OBGYNKENOBI said:

@strider4 hi thanks! will do.:D here's the funny thing. the status updates just popped up at exactly 5pm today alongside with the text updates like 5 at the same time! hopefully it did cause what if it got lost in the mail and no online status update? that'll be more stress on us right?

@cyanmavi hi thanks! thanks for the heads up! :)im sorry i need to make a clarification on that. it should be i have not filed the i693 form instead of i did not include etc...i believe if my medical is within 1 year then its not yet expired so im good. i am aware though that not all(from what ive read) IO are aware of this. so im crossing fingers. will update you guys too how the interview will go:D

@McBen hi thanks! oh so i shouldve raised that concern when i made an infopass...totally forgot about it cause i was thinking ead/ap will not move unless the bio's done so i didnt pay much attention to it...what will happen if the GC comes before the ead/ap? thanks!

@lovewins2016 hi! thanks. i know thats why i was thinking when i received it in the mail yesterday. i did checked my online status but nada...but guess what, today at 5pm, i received 5 texts all at once. then i checked my online status, it changed! it said as of August 10, we scheduled your interview on sept 13 etc.... see, what if it gets lost in the mail and the online updates are late...that'll be so stressful on our side...yea i understand about the i693...i hope the IO that is assigned to my case knows about the validity:blink: crossing fingers and toes until the interview for that:D

@papasmf thanks! thats what i was thinking too about the i693...i shouldve received rfe for it but i didnt so i guess its a go :D regarding the ead/ap, it totally slipped my mind. i thought it aint gonna move unless the bios not done. so im doing the sr. thanks:D wait, what happens when the GC comes first before ead/ap?

thanks everyone! weeww...we're all in this together....almost there almost there....

Pheww! That's a relief; their system seems to be fixed... for now :P 

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@OBGYNKENOBI I echo what @strider4 has just posted. :wow: What a relief! Thank you for updating us. I know you didn't ask me, but I will answer anyway. From what I've read, in the event that the AOS gets approved first, the EAD and AP cases will then be closed. Their statuses will become "Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means."

@yutekao Congratulations to you and your wife! So happy that the IO did not give you a hard time. I can only wish that those who will be having their interviews will be as lucky as you were with their IOs.

@zilionyte.egle Congratulations to you and your husband! Yes, I agree that 1.5 years without dealing with USCIS sounds amazing. :D

@cyanmavi I just saw that your interview is on Sept. 9th. Good luck, and I do hope you also get an on-the-spot approval. :)

Edited by lovewins2016

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

RFE: None

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

The USCIS app just alerted that the case statuses for my EAD and AP applications changed. They changed from "Case Was Received" to "Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means". This is because I received my green card some time ago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, my EAD/AP was approved yesterday and the status has changed to "New card is being produced". What a relief. Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it soon so that I can go back to work. 

I also had a similar issue to @OBGYNKENOBI; the interview notice was mailed on August 8th and I received it on Aug 11. But the I485 status online changed to 'Interview is scheduled' only on August 14 and received an email and text notification on the same day.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, atticus2017 said:

Hi everyone, my EAD/AP was approved yesterday and the status has changed to "New card is being produced". What a relief. Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it soon so that I can go back to work. 

I also had a similar issue to @OBGYNKENOBI; the interview notice was mailed on August 8th and I received it on Aug 11. But the I485 status online changed to 'Interview is scheduled' only on August 14 and received an email and text notification on the same day.

congrats!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, StarryDay said:

@MAYNYCFiler2017 I got the "under review" email yesterday for the completed SR for my EAD. Hopefully I do get the 'New card production' update as you mentioned! Hope you get your card soon! 

Hope everyone recieves good news this week!

Great news yes 3 days from when u received ur under review notification you will receive email n text notification letting u know that ur new card in production. Thank u I received my combo card on Saturday. I will be visiting the SSN office this week. Wishing you guys all the best n lots of good news.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Had my biometrics finally August 9 put in a service request right after. No movement since. Called them today answer from the person I was transferred to ... you have to wait 30 days. 

I'm going crazy here. Case has been pending 111 days. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
1 hour ago, soulstriker said:

We got approved at our green card interview yesterday, it was extremely easy, lady was,nice asked basic questions and didnt ask to see anything, saw a lot of couples with lawyers,noq for a good 2 year break,card will come in 10 business days, also they said the middle name couldn't be changed but i guess its based on what state your in, she said we could do it later, no biggie

Happy for you Soulstriker!!! Congrats !!! 

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.