k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
38 minutes ago, seal72 said:

What I heard is that those who filled EAD along with AP, it might take longer because AP processing times are longer than EAD

GM I applied for both EAD n AP n my case was approved on the 4th August 2017 so I guess it varies.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

GM I applied for both EAD n AP n my case was approved on the 4th August 2017 so I guess it varies.

When was your PD and what service center?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malawi
Timeline
1 hour ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Gm check ur email inbox or spam for a msg it say that ur case is under review. If that's the case them three days from The time the SR was completed ur case should be updated to New Card in Production. Keep us posted! 

Just checked and nothing there. Just hope I do get a positive update in the next few days! 

1 hour ago, seal72 said:

What I heard is that those who filled EAD along with AP, it might take longer because AP processing times are longer than EAD

Ah, thanks for the info! 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

PD 04/28/2017 n NBC

Around 97 days, slightly over the 90 days processing time. I am also sure you didn't get any RFIE, and lots of people get them and they still count their time from PD and it sort of reset or it's on hold until they receive the evidence they requested.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, seal72 said:

Around 97 days, slightly over the 90 days processing time. I am also sure you didn't get any RFIE, and lots of people get them and they still count their time from PD and it sort of reset or it's on hold until they receive the evidence they requested.

I was approved on day 98 correct no rfie/rfe. I put in three SR the first was on day 75 n then on the 1st August day 94 n then again on the 2 Aug. On the 1st august my case was assigned to an IO n was completed on that same day. I received an email same day stating that my case was under review n 3 days later I got a text n an email stating that my case was updated. I checked n saw 'New Card in Production '.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

I was approved on day 98 correct no rfie/rfe. I put in three SR the first was on day 75 n then on the 1st August day 94 n then again on the 2 Aug. On the 1st august my case was assigned to an IO n was completed on that same day. I received an email same day stating that my case was under review n 3 days later I got a text n an email stating that my case was updated. I checked n saw 'New Card in Production '.

Then I am sure what I read was correct, EAD processing time is 90 days and AP over 110 days. So those who request both documents should take at least 110 days. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, seal72 said:

Then I am sure what I read was correct, EAD processing time is 90 days and AP over 110 days. So those who request both documents should take at least 110 days. 

Note my card is a combo guess it varies.

19 hours ago, narakthisud said:

Wow! Thank you for letting me know! Our case was received mid-April so I guess we may still need to wait another 2 weeks before raising a stink with USCIS/congressman. For those of you who don't know, you can access the page mentioned by @atticus2017 here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do. Be sure to click on the "NBC" button!

Hmm. Are you certain you've exceeded 75 days? I use timeanddate.com to perform date calculations since I'm lazy. Haha. 

I got my combo card approved within 90 days. I wasn't sure if I-485 has similar timeframe after which one is able to file a SR (I couldn't find anything online). But ehh I guess I'll wait.

19 hours ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Goodnight fellow filers on Aug 4th my case status was updated to New Card in Production. Can you guys share ur person experience. How long does it takes before my status change again to card mailed? Getting anxious!! Thank u all 

It takes approximately 5 business days after the online status update (please refer to my signature). I received my NOA2 a couple of days before the card. No worries, if you haven't received your approval notice. My mum-in-law had her status changed to 'AP document produced' on Friday last week and she received both NOA2 and the actual document today. It's hard to predict how their system works. :jest:

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Timeline
35 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Note my card is a combo guess it varies.

Yeah but remember you did 3 SR, under normal circumstances that's the time it should take

Timeline
4 minutes ago, seal72 said:

Yeah but remember you did 3 SR, under normal circumstances that's the time it should take

4 minutes ago, seal72 said:

Oh OK I see understand. thank you 

I received the EAD/AP combo card! :dance: 

One thing I want to mention is that my status still says 'Card is Being Produced'. After reading some experiences from some of you where you say that sometime the status doesn't change, I decided to call USCIS yesterday to find out if it was mailed out to me and I was told that 'it is still being produced' and to wait up to 30 or 60 days..one or the other, can't remember now. - so I guess Customer Service doesn't know much and they see exactly what we see online.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Flower1 said:

One thing I want to mention is that my status still says 'Card is Being Produced'. After reading some experiences from some of you where you say that sometime the status doesn't change, I decided to call USCIS yesterday to find out if it was mailed out to me and I was told that 'it is still being produced' and to wait up to 30 or 60 days..one or the other, can't remember now. - so I guess Customer Service doesn't know much and they see exactly what we see online.

Typical USCIS (mis-)information line! Sigh.

2 hours ago, seal72 said:

During our Infopass appointment earlier this week, the ISO said that if you apply for EAD and AP together, then both applications must be adjudicated at the same time. Which makes sense, to be honest.

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/8/2017 at 5:20 PM, ExieLeen said:

Wow!  Those cards look much better!  Too bad we got the old one!  LOL!  We're just happy she can finally work!  She just got her SSN in the mail today!  Woo Hoo! 

ExieLeen, congratulations on your Green Card!

I just sent our AOS packet yesterday and it got to Chicago today. I saw that you are from Escondido, CA. My husband and I live in Carlsbad, CA so maybe the timeline will be similar. What day in April/2017 did you guys send your AOS packet?

Thank you so much 👍🏻😃

August 10, 2017: AOS package sent

August 11, 2017: AOS package received at USCIC

August 18, 2017: Checks cashed

August 20, 2017: Text messages and e-mails

August 26, 2017: NOA hard copies

September 1, 2017: Biometrics letter received

September 15, 2017: Biometrics done

On 10/08/2017 at 9:35 AM, nikaero said:

@Flower1 & @A+S

Its always nice to see you two talking and keeping each others' morale up! this is what VJ is all about, its almost like a buddy system in school lol so that you wont get lost... :D

Ahaha you're right ! Flower1 is my buddy in this process :D !

Congratulations for your green card :dancing:and best of luck in this new journey you're about to start !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.