k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, atticus2017 said:

USCIS updated processing times on the website today (Aug 10). As of June 30, NBC has been processing I765 and I131 applications as of date April 1, 2017. I just can't believe that the volume of applications in April was just so high that they still haven't processed the ones of people who are 120+ days now. 

So frustrating. 

Wow! Thank you for letting me know! Our case was received mid-April so I guess we may still need to wait another 2 weeks before raising a stink with USCIS/congressman. For those of you who don't know, you can access the page mentioned by @atticus2017 here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do. Be sure to click on the "NBC" button!

2 hours ago, strider4 said:

Thanks! That's true. I guess we just have to play the waiting game for god knows how long. :whistle:

Thanks! I tried raising an SR but it didn't let me submit the form as it's considered under processing time. lol. 

Anyway, many many congratulations on receiving the green card today!

Hmm. Are you certain you've exceeded 75 days? I use timeanddate.com to perform date calculations since I'm lazy. Haha. 

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Goodnight fellow filers on Aug 4th my case status was updated to New Card in Production. Can you guys share ur person experience. How long does it takes before my status change again to card mailed? Getting anxious!! Thank u all 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Happycamper007 said:

Mine was approved on augurar arrived today status online still says card in production but I got the paper recipes two days back I would say you should get by Saturday 

OK thank u, so it took about a week for u to get urs. What date was urs approved?

Edited by MAYNYCFiler2017

Timeline
1 minute ago, Happycamper007 said:

August 3rd 

thank u I guess I should get it by tomorrow, Saturday the laterest. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Happycamper007 said:

Yes worst case I would say Monday also did you get the paper NOA 

No I did not receive anything. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sudan
Timeline
5 hours ago, atticus2017 said:

USCIS updated processing times on the website today (Aug 10). As of June 30, NBC has been processing I765 and I131 applications as of date April 1, 2017. I just can't believe that the volume of applications in April was just so high that they still haven't processed the ones of people who are 120+ days now. 

So frustrating. 

For me and some other ppl out there,please explain to me what does it mean ?

Are they today August 10 working on applications from April or today as per the report dated on June 30 they are working on applications from April ??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Sudan Man said:

For me and some other ppl out there,please explain to me what does it mean ?

Are they today August 10 working on applications from April or today as per the report dated on June 30 they are working on applications from April ??

This means that as of June 30, USCIS is processing cases filed on OR BEFORE April 1. Essentially, the newest case that the NBC center worked on as of June 30 was filed on April 1. I find this very confusing. Here's a link that explains: http://immigrationimpact.com/2017/01/06/uscis-changes-how-processing-times-are-posted/

In some positive news, I received a NOA for an interview scheduled for next month! Strangely, the status online has not changed from 'Ready to schedule'. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hi Everyone! 

Long-time lurker and now finally signed up to be part of this amazing community. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences as it has helped me a lot over the past months. I have made it a ritual to read VJ every morning with my coffee, hehe. 

AOS from marriage to USC- concurrent filling: I-485,I-130, I-131, I-765

PD: April 24th

Biometrics: May 26th 

No RFE's 

I'm in the same boat - still waiting on my EAD. I submitted an SR in July and today I got an update saying- "SR was completed". Not sure what that means, but will just wait a few days. 

Hoping there will be good news for everyone soon and congrats to those that have gotten their EAD/GC !!  :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
31 minutes ago, StarryDay said:

Hi Everyone! 

Long-time lurker and now finally signed up to be part of this amazing community. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences as it has helped me a lot over the past months. I have made it a ritual to read VJ every morning with my coffee, hehe. 

No RFE's 

I'm in the same boat - still waiting on my EAD. I submitted an SR in July and today I got an update saying- "SR was completed". Not sure what that means, but will just wait a few days. 

Hoping there will be good news for everyone soon and congrats to those that have gotten their EAD/GC !!  :) 

What I heard is that those who filled EAD along with AP, it might take longer because AP processing times are longer than EAD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone

My PD is 04/28/2017 and I have not received my EAD card yet. Does anybody know if the status updates only happen early morning or is it possible that during the day or saturday I might see changes. To those who have received it, at what time did your status change? I am just wondering

Edited by jcrod9

Adjustment of Status Timeline

02/21/2015 Got married to USC

04/24/2017 Sent AOS package I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/27/2017 Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/05/2017 Checks cashed 

05/08/2017 Received NOA in the mail for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

05/19/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated 05/12/2017)

06/02/2017 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/2017 EAD/AP Approval Notice

08/21/2017 EAD/AP card is being produced

08/24/2017 EAD/AP Card mailed out

08/26/2017 Received EAD/AP card in the mail

06/14/2018 AOS Interview

06/14/2018 RFE for Medical at the Interview

06/15/2018 Approved I-130

06/19/2018 Submitted  new medical in person at local USCIS

07/03/2018 Sent renewal for EAD and AP

09/14/2018 USCIS responded to SR stating case was delayed due to security checks pending

11/26/2019 Received RFE from local office for  Expired Medical Exam

12/09/2019 Submitted Medical Exam for the third time via UPS to local USCIS office

12/16/2019 New card is being produced. 

12/17/2019 Approved I-485

Timeline
1 hour ago, StarryDay said:

Hi Everyone! 

No RFE's 

Gm check ur email inbox or spam for a msg it say that ur case is under review. If that's the case them three days from The time the SR was completed ur case should be updated to New Card in Production. Keep us posted! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.