k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello everyone!

My EAD just reached 115 days.

I just called USCIS and asked me for call them back on Aug 21 😬😱😵

How my case could be escalated to Tier 2? Since the lady from USCIS told me I should wait and I cannot rise my request to the next level ...

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

You cannot imagine how I feel.

17 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Good morning folks I have some good news of my own.  After 3 SR n speaking to a tier 2 IO yesterday Aug 3rd my EAD card went into production today (98 days) . My case went into review on Aug 1st after I had raised my third 3rd SR n spoke to a uscis service representative on that same day. See previous post. Card went into production 3 days after my case went into review on the 1st. Thank you all guys. 

Good morning !!!

What a great way to end the week  :jest::jest::jest:!! I bet you must be over the moon !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, A+S said:

Good morning !!!

What a great way to end the week  :jest::jest::jest:!! I bet you must be over the moon !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM thank you oh yeah I am 

Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, lovewins2016 said:

Based on what happened to my SR, my EAD case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" 3 days after I received that kind of response. Hopefully, yours will follow the same pattern. 🙂

Lovewins2016 thank u my case was approved n card went into production Aug 4th, 3days later after it went under review after SR  by an IO on the 1st August.

40 minutes ago, Ninatica said:

Hello everyone!

How my case could be escalated to Tier 2? Since the lady from USCIS told me I should wait and I cannot rise my request to the next level ...

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Hello !

I feel you ! Day 117 for me.. it is frustrating but things seem to be  moving based on the number of approvals we had this week.

Why do they want you to call back on Aug 21 ? When I call the USCIS, I tell the rep right away to forward my call to a tier 2 officer. I tell them that the information I'm looking for can only provided by a Tier 2 rep. They always do it.

Don't lose hope, I'm sure we'll hear something positive very soon 

Edited by A+S
typo mistake

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
48 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Lovewins2016 thank u my case was approved n card went into production Aug 4th, 3days later after it went under review after SR  by an IO on the 1st August.

@MAYNYCFiler2017 Congratulations! I am glad it turned out positively for you. 🙂 Getting the combo card will somehow lessen our suffering in waiting for the GCs. Hehe.

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ninatica said:

Hello everyone!

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

@Ninatica 😰 I'm sorry about the slowness of your case's processing. Maybe you could try calling until there's a Tier 1 agent who's willing to escalate your issue to a Tier 2? 

======================

FOR K-1

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline
9 minutes ago, lovewins2016 said:

@MAYNYCFiler2017 Congratulations! I am glad it turned out positively for you. 🙂 Getting the combo card will somehow lessen our suffering in waiting for the GCs. Hehe.

True! True!  All I want to do now is find me a job n assist my wife. Thanks once again. 

Timeline

Folks this is my experience from tracking n monitoring my EAD case after biometerics was completed. I am in NY so this is what I did I found thread for NY 2017 in this forum n analyze the cases there paying close attention to the timelines between biometerics n approval dates and this is what I find out n this may varied depending of each situation but most situations I found out it takes between 8-10 weeks without no rfe or rfie generally for EAD cases to be approved. There were some case a few that took up to 12 weeks. Cases with reference took a lot longer time to get approval. Folks this is my analysis from matching my case to other cases in this forum. Also I find lots of useful information from folks postings like when to raise a SR n what to do after a SR was raise. Eg..  Like calling USCIS service representative n requesting to speak to a tier 2 IO all these are tips n advice I used to assist in monitoring my case. Thank you for all the advice n best wishes to all of us on this process. 

Edited by MAYNYCFiler2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, sinayion said:

What sucks the most, is the lawyers are friends, and did it for free. On top of it all, I just found out that my grandmother has cancer, so I might request an expedite of the advance parole because of that reason.

I'm sorry :( have your family send all the documents needed asap, and then schedule for an infopass. I know emergency ap is usually approved on the spot if you have enough evidence that you really need to travel back home. I hope you'll get your ap and you'll be able to travel soon!! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, leeahsue said:

Just received the notice that our interview is scheduled for September 7th!! Such a fresh breath of air after all this waiting! Things are moving guys! Keep hopeful! :) 

@leeahsue Congratulations on your case's progress! A handful of people on this thread (and March as well) have already gone and passed their interviews. You may want to read their posts. 🙂 Again, congratulations and best of luck.

======================

FOR K-1

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Hey everyone, My mother-in-law (also an April-filer) had her AP status updated to "Name was updated" , although we never made any such request. Has this happened to anyone else? :huh:

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

14 hours ago, A+S said:

Hey Flower1 !!!!!

Now that I read ur message, I'm doing AMAZINNNNNNNGGG!!! You made my day !! CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS!! I'm so happy for you :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: !!!!!!!!

I bet, you went from this =>:mellow: to this =>:jest: ahahahahah !!!!!!

I can't wait for this moment !!!! I'm still waiting : 117 days as of today <_<<_<<_<lol !!! Hopefully, I'll hear something soon, I'll definitely keep you posted !!!!

Heyyy A+S!!!

hahahah I'm glad I made your day and I cannot wait for USCIS to make your day with the official news for you!!!!! hehe and YESSS LOOOL thats exactly what happened, I did go from this :mellow: to this =>:jest: LOL!!

Ohhh 117 days? When did they receive your application? I thought my 'receipt date' for i765 was dated earlier than yours. Did they receive your application on April 8th? Either way, keep me posted!!! ^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey @sinayion

How many days did it take for you to receive your card after they mailed it?? And did you receive another email from uscis that says usps has picked up your card and gave you a tracking number?? Anyone that got their EAD cards please share you experience! Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.