k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, nikaero said:

gonna head to my interview today... prayers and blessings needed!!!

Good luck!!! It's going to be easy. Just be yourself, present your case and your story with calm, have all your paperwork with you and you will charm the IO! ^_^ Best of luck to you!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

This was definitely a tough journey. I had a job offer that begins very soon, and I had requested an expedite that I felt just made it worse, and then even after calling the Senator's office, and calling USCIS multiple times, it felt like I would never get it in time. I had filed my application since April 4th. 

So so happy for this! 

IMG_0724.PNG

54 minutes ago, nikaero said:
13 hours ago, Flower1 said:

haha yeah come on USCIS! lol :lol: 

Yes, let's keep each other posted. Can't wait for us to go from this :unsure: to this :dance: lol

Ahaha Same here ! I really cannot wait :jest:!

I received a notification  for my service request today "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of action shortly".

I received this same message 2 weeks ago for my 1st service request and nothing happened lol. Sometimes, I'm wondering if they do realize that we actually paid for that process :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, ru7ty said:

Hi Everyone,

This was definitely a tough journey. I had a job offer that begins very soon, and I had requested an expedite that I felt just made it worse, and then even after calling the Senator's office, and calling USCIS multiple times, it felt like I would never get it in time. I had filed my application since April 4th. 

So so happy for this! 

IMG_0724.PNG

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS  !!!!!!!!!! And best of luck in your new job !!!!!!!!! 

Hopefully, we'll be getting more and more approvals this week !!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, ru7ty said:

Hi Everyone,

So so happy for this! 

IMG_0724.PNG

Congratulations 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to all the April filers who are getting approved :)

Still waiting at our end along with many other Phoenix filers who have seen no action on our status. Meanwhile, I had a general question. We did not apply for EAD card, just the AP. Does that mean, we will not get a combo card and get an AP instead?

10/24/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/25/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/27/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/17/16....Online Status Update (RFE)

11/21/16....RFE hard copy received

11/22/16....RFE response mailed to CSC

11/23/16....RFE received by CSC

11/30/16....NOA2 approved - Case status changed USCIS App

12/16/16....NVC Case Status # Assigned (52 days)

12/21/16....Case Status is "Ready" at embassy

01/13/17....Interview - Approved (80 days)

02/18/17....POE Chicago ORD

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
34 minutes ago, shuss3 said:

Congrats to all the April filers who are getting approved :)

Still waiting at our end along with many other Phoenix filers who have seen no action on our status. Meanwhile, I had a general question. We did not apply for EAD card, just the AP. Does that mean, we will not get a combo card and get an AP instead?

Hi there

If you didn't apply for the EAD you will only receive an AP letter. The combo card is only for those who applied for both EAD and AP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, nikaero said:

Good luck!

And congratulations to everyone who got their EAD/AP lately!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, nikaero said:

Hope it went smoothly. Please post a review here and on the reviews page once you've had a chance to sit down and collect your thoughts. :D

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 11:50 AM, Bryonym said:

Hey @hommeaetage, @sinayion, @mmmp & @earnhaaart,

All of our EAD/APs were approved on July 27th or just after. I was just wondering if anyone's has been mailed to them yet? If not could you let me know when it is please? 

I'm going crazy because one of my best friends is getting married on 13th August in Scotland and I really want to be there! I thought I definitely couldn't, and then I could, and now I don't know anymore! I haven't been home since Feb 2016 either. I was hoping my card would have been mailed by now as it was approved on Thursday of last week, but it can take up to 30 days to reach us according to USCIS. 

Anyway good luck everybody! 

I received the notification yesterday that it was mailed to me. I think it should be by the end of the week or weekend

4 hours ago, A+S said:

Ahaha Same here ! I really cannot wait :jest:!

I received a notification  for my service request today "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of action shortly".

I received this same message 2 weeks ago for my 1st service request and nothing happened lol. Sometimes, I'm wondering if they do realize that we actually paid for that process :rolleyes:

haha true - i guess they forgot about that 'small' detail! :lol:

This is my experience with SR:

1st SR online - I got an email saying I will receive a response by July 26th. (no response received)

2nd SR over the phone - I got that same response you just received. I received that email 13 days ago. When I last called the customer service rep, i asked what is 'shortly' exactly, he said 'up to 30 days' lol .... that's not really what anyone would define as 'shortly' but ok.......lol

Last week, when I went to the InfoPass appointment i was told my case is in the 'Adjudication stage' and that's the only thing that keeps me optimistic at the moment...:rolleyes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
58 minutes ago, earnhaaart said:

@mmmp @hommeaetage any news yet??

@earnhaaart , My status was changed to Card mailed to me yesterday. I think I should get it by the weekend

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, hommeaetage said:

@earnhaaart , My status was changed to Card mailed to me yesterday. I think I should get it by the weekend

Congrats! Mine is still card being produced. I hope they mail it today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.