k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Moonchan93 said:

I litterally got it today, 25th i put in the request to speed it up and i got the  email today along with

• 07/27/2017
    sign_icon.png

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ..., was completed.

• 07/27/2017
    sign_icon.png

On July 27, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number ....

• 07/27/2017
    sign_icon.png

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number...... , was assigned to an officer for response.

I got the same today but no email to go with it so I called to see what's going on but they said I have to wait another 30 days to get an answer 

I'll just enjoy my friend's wedding this weekend and maybe the the grass will be greener on Monday 

congrats to all the people who got a positive outcome 

3 minutes ago, Spiny said:

I got the same today but no email to go with it so I called to see what's going on but they said I have to wait another 30 days to get an answer 

I'll just enjoy my friend's wedding this weekend and maybe the the grass will be greener on Monday 

congrats to all the people who got a positive outcome 

30 days! well that's silly... Im hoping I have it by  the 13th  as  thats when my hopeful job starts... i'm sick of feeling like a burden on my husband

K1 VISA

07/05/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox , TX

07/08/16....Delivered at Dallas lockbox , TX

07/12/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

08/26/16....NOA2 Approved via USCIS website

09/01/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

09/08/16....NVC Received I-129F

09/13/16....Case Number Received

09/26/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

09/29/16....Received packet 3

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

12/27/16....POE at Atlanta (Hopefully)

03/10/17....Wedding!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Got my combo card in mail today. Finally!  

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

On June 19 our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview and today, July 27th, it says our interview is scheduled for August 30th. Does anyone know approximately when I should expect the interview notice in the mail? We've already had problems with mail not being delivered for my wife at our address so I'm being carious (an issue I'm hoping is sorted by now but who knows)

15 minutes ago, tahir123 said:

Hi guys,

On June 19 our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview and today, July 27th, it says our interview is scheduled for August 30th. Does anyone know approximately when I should expect the interview notice in the mail? We've already had problems with mail not being delivered for my wife at our address so I'm being carious (an issue I'm hoping is sorted by now but who knows)

Congratulations!

What is your PD? And if you've received your EAD/AP, may I please know when you received those, as well? :) I'm wondering if they simply don't bother with pursuing EAD/AP cases, if the interview is scheduled as soon as yours. Yes, I consider August 'soon' for April filers. :D

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Timeline
8 minutes ago, strider4 said:

Congratulations!

What is your PD? 

Thanks!

Where can I check that?

And if you've received your EAD/AP, may I please know when you received those, as well? :) I'm wondering if they simply don't bother with pursuing EAD/AP cases, if the interview is scheduled as soon as yours.

Nope. Our case was on hold since April 24th because we got an RFIE that never showed up in the mail. We got an infopass and got the letter finally and mailed in our response earlier this month. So yeah, I'm not gonna bother with the EAD/AP with the interview only a month away. 

Yes, I consider August 'soon' for April filers. :D

Hehe yeah...we're especially happy since nothing was happening with our case between April 24th - July 11th (when they received the response to the RFIE)

Edited by tahir123

1 minute ago, tahir123 said:

Thanks!

Where can I check that?

Nope. Our case was on hold since April 24th because we got an RFIE that never showed up in the mail. We got an infopass and got the letter finally and mailed in our response earlier this month. So yeah, I'm not gonna bother with the EAD/AP with the interview only a month away. 

Hehe yeah...we're especially happy since nothing was happening with our case between April 24th - July 11th (when they received the response to the RFIE)

The priority date should be under your 'receipt number' on your NOA1. Lol yes, there's no point to pursue the EAD/AP case now. Good luck and please do post your interview experience. Good luck! :) 

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Timeline
2 minutes ago, strider4 said:

The priority date should be under your 'receipt number' on your NOA1. Lol yes, there's no point to pursue the EAD/AP case now. Good luck and please do post your interview experience. Good luck! :) 

Oh...I don't have that in front of me to check right now but the first update from USCIS was on April 10 if that helps? 

Thanks, will do!

Edited by tahir123

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, tahir123 said:

Oh...I don't have that in front of me to check right now but the first update from USCIS was on April 10 if that helps? 

Thanks, will do!

@tahir123 Congrats and goodluck on your upcoming interview.

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Woohoo I just got home and checked my status and my EAD application says "New Card Is Being Produced." 🎉 Super excited! I feel bad because my case has only been active for 94 days and I know there are loads of you that have been waiting longer. I didn't expedite but I submitted SRs on day 77 & day 90. It seems like there has been a lot of movement in the past few days though so fingers crossed for everyone else to be approved soon, too! 😊

I-129F Sent : 2016-06-04
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-06-08
I-129F NOA2 : 2016-08-10
NVC Received : 2016-08-24
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-08-24
NVC Left: 2016-08-31
Consulate Received: 2016-09-08
Packet 3 Received: 2016-09-12

Medical: 2016-10-07

Interview: 2016-11-03 - APPROVED!

Visa received: 2016-11-07

POE Dallas: 2017-02-24

Married: 2017-03-31 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Received my green card approval notice in the mail today. I thought it was my green card at first, so I was a little bummed. Hopefully it'll arrive in a few days. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Gm all April filers just wanted to share,  on July 27th (90 days)  I put in my 2nd SR for my EAD via website n got the following msg again. See below..... 

As of July 27, 2017, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SR12081701604MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.

Edited by MAYNYCFiler2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, RandB said:

Received my green card approval notice in the mail today. I thought it was my green card at first, so I was a little bummed. Hopefully it'll arrive in a few days. :)

@RandB 🍺 congrats! The card itself will be in your hands soon! 

1 hour ago, Bryonym said:

Woohoo I just got home and checked my status and my EAD application says "New Card Is Being Produced." 🎉 Super excited! I feel bad because my case has only been active for 94 days and I know there are loads of you that have been waiting longer. I didn't expedite but I submitted SRs on day 77 & day 90. It seems like there has been a lot of movement in the past few days though so fingers crossed for everyone else to be approved soon, too! 😊

@Bryonym congrats! Don't feel bad about your EAD moving faster than usual.  😂 Maybe the SRs really helped!

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bryonym said:

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.