k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, RandB said:

My green card status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" about an hour ago. ✨🎉

Congratulations again... did you hear violins playing in the background or bells ringing... i would probably pass out from the excitement lol...

8 hours ago, Karreuche said:

Just got a notification that my work permit will be mailed soon! Filled im 14th april together with Aos.

congratulations... now you get to the last leg of waiting... hope the rest of the process is fast for you...

8 hours ago, brittany.kenny27@ said:

NEW EAD CARD BEING PRODUCED! 

1 week after filing a service request and the same day I got a response that it was under review. 

Albany local office 

April 19- Case Received 

May 16- Biometrics Appointment 

June 21- Interview Ready to be Scheduled for Interview 

July 18- 90 Days/ filed service request for EAD 

July 19- Interview Scheduled/ August 23, 2017 

July 26- SR response--Case is under review // New Card Being Produced !!!!!!!! 

Congratulations... Best of luck for your interview!!!

7 hours ago, soulstriker said:

Has anyone had a green card interview? What did you bring? 

hey @soulstriker... you already asked the same question just a couple of posts ago on this very same thread, if you want a different set of people to answer try waiting a couple of days or post on the February, March or May threads... just saying...

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

20 hours ago, Omoba said:

Thanks for the info.. I followed the link you posted and dashed down to their office which is about 45mins away, I was disappointed, the same response was what I got when I got to the so called "kiosk". I asked to speak to someone but I was turned down.

Houston is such a mess!

This is incredible! I'm so sorry you had to drive that far and find no one to help :(  I guess InfoPass in Houston doesn't really exist...:wacko:

Received notification that my EAD card is being produced! 

Sent application April 11th

USCIS received on 17th

NOA on April 25th

Biometrics May 19th

EAD approval notice July 27th

- 107 days :)

...Now I have to actually get a job...

Edited by Simone_Lee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Simone_Lee said:

USCIS received on 17th

NOA on April 25th

Biometrics May 19th

Congrats!! 🎈 Yes...getting a job is another headache we're starting with. Hahha...the end is so far ! 

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

SO question, as part of the Aos process, I tried to expedite my EAD and it's all well and good  but i got an email  and this was  at the bottom

The status of this service request is:

We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly.

does this mean my EAD will be here soon?

K1 VISA

07/05/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox , TX

07/08/16....Delivered at Dallas lockbox , TX

07/12/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

08/26/16....NOA2 Approved via USCIS website

09/01/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

09/08/16....NVC Received I-129F

09/13/16....Case Number Received

09/26/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

09/29/16....Received packet 3

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

12/27/16....POE at Atlanta (Hopefully)

03/10/17....Wedding!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Moonchan93 said:

SO question, as part of the Aos process, I tried to expedite my EAD and it's all well and good  but i got an email  and this was  at the bottom

The status of this service request is:

We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly.

does this mean my EAD will be here soon?

From what I've seen here on VJ, "Your case is currently under review." means that someone is assigned to your case and you'll hear from them soon.

Edited by narakthisud
Wording change

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

7 minutes ago, narakthisud said:

From what I've seen here on VJ, "Your case is currently under review." means that someone is assigned to your case and you'll hear from them soon.

I tried to expidiate it before and i never got That email i got 2 emails

email 1 

Upon receipt of your request for expeditious processing, your case was reviewed and a determination was made that we need additional information to make a decision regarding your request.  Please fax proof that supports the claims made in your request to the following number

Email 2

Upon receipt of your request for expeditious processing, your case was reviewed and a determination was made that we need additional information to make a decision regarding your request.  Please fax proof of a pending job offer to the following number

This  one that i placed in my first post was the only one i got  this time  im guessing ill get more but on the USCIS website it originally says On May 24, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number........., was completed.

and now

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ......, was completed.

before calling to expidiate the case this time i decided to try my luck and faxed my job offer to the number given in the original expidition post but realized how long ago it had been 

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone! I've been a silent partaker of this thread from afar and finally it's time for me to say hello to everyone and tell you about my journey as I have a couple of questions :)

Here's my timeline for my AOS (marriage to USC) application:

Married: 23 March 2017

Application sent to Chicago Lockbox: 13 April 2017 (I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 concurrent filing)

NOA: 17 April 2017

Text & Email confirmations: 25 April 2017

Biometrics Appointment Notice (NOA): 28 April 2017

Biometrics Appointment: 18 May 2017

Status changed to 'Interview Ready to be Scheduled': 13 June 2017

----aaaand, nothing since then :)
So today I've decided to submit a service request because, like many of you, it's been just a bit too long of not working and I'm really itching to get a job! (And also be able to leave the country in October for a family thing - which is still a while away, but just want to be on top of things).

So first of all, I just wanted to ask if calling is the best way, or if I can do it via this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do;jsessionid=abcYbb4aBjjZBfyC65e2v?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt 

--and if calling is better, what number do I press? I tried to call this morning and I pressed 2 for 'current application/question about current application' but kind of went around in circles and couldn't hear an option that was related to submitting a service request.

Also just wanted to know if you think that looks like a 'normal' timeline (if there is such a thing haha). And just to clarify, the service center that is processing my case is the one found on the bottom left hand corner of my NOA's, right? 

I think that's all for now. Nice to meet you all! And thanks for sharing all of your experiences, it has helped me a lot :) Congrats to everyone on their progress!!

L :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Flower1 said:

This is incredible! I'm so sorry you had to drive that far and find no one to help :(  I guess InfoPass in Houston doesn't really exist...:wacko:

Tanx anyway.. I will wait for my SR. I also requested to expedite my EAD yesterday.. I explained my situation to them, my wife doesn't earn enough money to take care of all our bills, which is causing us a lot of hardship.. I know it's a 50/50 anyway, but I think it's worth the try. I will send her pay stub and any other thing I can lay my hands on whenever they ask for an evidence

Timeline
3 hours ago, Simone_Lee said:

USCIS received on 17th

NOA on April 25th

Biometrics May 19th

102 days from your pd. Congratulations!

Timeline

As regards my expedite I got three updates when I logged in my uscis portal

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T122MSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

On July 27, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1MSC.

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number TMSC, was completed

They said they sent a response,  but I didn't get any... the next one then says "completed". I am a bit confused. From what have read frequently on vj, they usually ask for an evidence before it gets completed.  😐😐😐. Does anyone know what this could mean?

1 minute ago, Omoba said:

As regards my expedite I got three updates when I logged in my uscis portal

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T122MSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

On July 27, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1MSC.

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number TMSC, was completed

They said they sent a response,  but I didn't get any... the next one then says "completed". I am a bit confused. From what have read frequently on vj, they usually ask for an evidence before it gets completed.  😐😐😐. Does anyone know what this could mean?

I  have the same question, it happened to my case when trying to expediated as well  but i got an email saying it was under review and i should hear shortly

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Moonchan93 said:

I  have the same question, it happened to my case when trying to expediated as well  but i got an email saying it was under review and i should hear shortly

How long have now been waiting?

Just now, Omoba said:

How long have now been waiting?

I litterally got it today, 25th i put in the request to speed it up and i got the  email today along with

• 07/27/2017
    sign_icon.png

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ..., was completed.

• 07/27/2017
    sign_icon.png

On July 27, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number ....

• 07/27/2017
    sign_icon.png

On July 27, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number...... , was assigned to an officer for response.

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.