k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Pinkielicious said:

I don't know why some filers received their notices just after 5 to 8 days, but I have been waiting for 2 weeks and still nothing yet. I'm freaked out right now.

I totally understand. I was in your same situation. It took 17 days before I received the NOA by email. Like you mentioned, some filers received their NOA within a week - not sure why there are such big differences even we all filed in the same month..

5 hours ago, AnaTally said:

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know what happens after biometrics are taken?

Hi! I think we just need to wait. Hopefully during this wait we don't get any RFE. Also, we should receive the EAD/AP combo within 2 months from the biometric appointment. This is just my understanding from other people's experiences hehe. Hopefully someone who is already at that stage can reply to you with more accurate info :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Katrin.TX said:

Hey,

has anyone ever made or heard of the experience that the biometrics appointment had to be rescheduled? Do they get angry about that?

Initially, I was a March filer but because of an RFE, things got delayed. Before everything happened, I planned to go on a one week vacation at the end of May (the dummy that I am), and now I am nervous that the appointment ends up in exactly that week.

Can't cancel the vacation anymore without loosing a lot of money. So I am wondering, if I could hypothetically reschedule the biometrics appointment a few days back.

Alternatively, I read that people also walk in early. Any thoughts on that?

Hi. I have seen a few posts claiming that they were able to walk in earlier than their supposed biometrics appointment dates. However, the ability to do so depends on the ASC location and staff.

I suggest that once you receive your letter, go to the designated location and attempt to do an early walk-in. If they won't allow you, you have to mail the appointment letter to the specified address to request for rescheduling. 

See the attached photo. There is a Request for Rescheduling section. Since there is no space where you can write your preferred appointment date, I am inclined to believe that it is up to them to decide when your new schedule would be. 

If you are wondering about coming in after the appointment date, there are also a few posts claiming they were still entertained even though it is past their schedule. Again, I do not and will not recommend it. It is extremely risky and may result to a complete denial of your application.

Let's hope that your appointment date falls before or after your vacation to save you from all these troubles. Good luck. 🙂

IMG_0751.JPG

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Flower1 said:

I totally understand. I was in your same situation. It took 17 days before I received the NOA by email. Like you mentioned, some filers received their NOA within a week - not sure why there are such big differences even we all filed in the same month..

I know right. I'll be graduate on the 17th, and I need the receipt from USCIS since I'll be authorized to stay while the application is pending. It's already the 7th, so it's mean I only have 10 days left in order not to be kicked out of the country.

01/09/2011 - Arrived United States

11/15/2012 - Officially dated my husband

11/30/2015 - Got married

03/15/2017 - AOS package sent but got rejected 

04/22/2017 - AOS package re-sent

04/24/2017 - AOS package delivered at USCIS, Chicago

05/12/2017 - Text/Email Receipt received (1 text, 1 email) for I-130

05/13/2017 - Received I-797C for I-485/I-765/I-131 in mail (USCIS couldn't find my record for I-130 approval)

05/15/2017 - Check cashed (I-130)

05/19/2017 - Received NOA1 for I-130 

05/20/2017 - Resubmitted I-485/I-765/I-131

05/22/2017 - I-485 delivered at Chicago P.O. Box

10 hours ago, Flower1 said:

Hi! I think we just need to wait. Hopefully during this wait we don't get any RFE. Also, we should receive the EAD/AP combo within 2 months from the biometric appointment. This is just my understanding from other people's experiences hehe. Hopefully someone who is already at that stage can reply to you with more accurate info :)

Thank you so much!

To wait it is then!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
10 hours ago, Pinkielicious said:

I know right. I'll be graduate on the 17th, and I need the receipt from USCIS since I'll be authorized to stay while the application is pending. It's already the 7th, so it's mean I only have 10 days left in order not to be kicked out of the country.

I'm so sorry you're in this stressful situation!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 27/04/2017 at 9:47 AM, medzmuph said:

I got all 3 NOAs in the mail.

Package sent 13 April

Received: 17 April

NOA issued: 20 April

Received my biometrics appointment last week. I'm scheduled for 15 May in Brooklyn, NY.

14 hours ago, Pinkielicious said:

I'm no expert in this, but you should be fine because you have already filed your AOS before your 'authorized stay' expires. Let me know how it goes on Wednesday when you contact them, good luck!!! and Congrats on your Graduation!:dance:

Hey all, 

Got my biometrics appointment letter today. My appointment is set for 5/19. Couple of Qs...

1) Does getting the biometrics letter mean I no longer have to worry about receiving an RFE

and

2) The biometrics letter states the 'case type' as I485 (AOS) and I765 (EAD), but doesn't say anything about I131 (AP)...should I be concerned; or does AP not require biometrics? 

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
20 minutes ago, DMLA said:

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share a little bit of information for those who may not know that if you make an account with USPS and sign up for informed delivery, you can see what mail will be delivered to you on a daily basis. They send an email every morning around 8am or 9am with what you can expect in your mailbox along with the picture of the front of the envelope. 

This is helpful for all of us who are going through this immigration process and will be expecting NOA's, EADs or any important envelope coming from USCIS.

Hope this helps someone! All the best to everyone😊

Super advice! I wasn't aware this was even a thing with USPS. Just signed up. Thank you so much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Simone_Lee said:

Hey all, 

Got my biometrics appointment letter today. My appointment is set for 5/19. Couple of Qs...

1) Does getting the biometrics letter mean I no longer have to worry about receiving an RFE

and

2) The biometrics letter states the 'case type' as I485 (AOS) and I765 (EAD), but doesn't say anything about I131 (AP)...should I be concerned; or does AP not require biometrics? 

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

1. No, receiving the appointment letter does not necessarily mean you will not get an RFE at a later date. In fact, you may still get one during the AOS interview.

2. Yes, that is correct. No need to worry about it. 🙂

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

7 minutes ago, lovewins2016 said:

Hi!

1. No, receiving the appointment letter does not necessarily mean you will not get an RFE at a later date. In fact, you may still get one during the AOS interview.

2. Yes, that is correct. No need to worry about it. 🙂

Awesome! Thanks so much! So pretty much at any point until issued with GC they could ask for more evidence? Makes sense. Also, oddly, feels a little less stressful knowing that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.