k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Beefheart said:

Hello there. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I was already aware of that; kind of offsets the whole having waited to sort out the EAD/AP for so long and all the inconveniences that went with it (not being able to work legally, and having been unable to return home for a family funeral). At least I won't have to worry about filing ROC down the line.

Suppose there's still no rhyme or reason to how they decide who and when to interview AOS claimants. At least I can spend Christmas in Wales this year.

The wait continues!

Ongoing discussion is that starting October 1, everyone will be interviewed. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
20 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Unless the Federal Govt. is going to release that new "all interview" rule soon, I haven't seen anything formal except for the recent rule regarding work based visas and family member asylees visas. Until I see the change in the national news I wouldn't worry. 

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

EAD/AP combo card came in the mail today. Wife is extremely excited!! Next up GC interview on the 4th

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/17/2017 at 9:13 AM, Lemonslice said:

I checked the USCIS website, and what I found is that effective Oct. 1st, they will begin to phase-in interviews for (1) employment-based I-485/AOS applications and (2) refugee/asylee relative petitions. The site also states that they are planning an incremental expansion of interviews to other benefit types. Since they are just "planning to," I think this means interview waivers for marriage-based AOS are still possible. 🙂

Here's the link in case you would want to read it yourself.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-to-expand-in-person-interview-requirements-for-certain-permanent-residency-applicants

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

RFE: None

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

On 9/13/2017 at 4:13 PM, Rachelberry said:

Hey there! I hear ya, I keep thinking 'today's MY day!' based on others getting their interviews, but still no. Where do you see the average between the two milestones? I was just working off of the YTD stuff found attached below.... Somewhere else to look?

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 5.12.46 PM.png

Hi! Sorry for the delayed response. 
Actually, on the visa journey site itself, under 'processing times', there's a link for the statistics regarding various visa processes at different offices. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php
Hope that helps! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Update -- Received GC yesterday. 6th business days since approval. So relieved.

Good luck to all!  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Wow great to see so many people already got their GC:)

Unfortunetly I'm still waiting for the EAD/AP, its gonna be 150 days waiting time tomorrow (NOA date was April 28th with no rfe's!!!).

I call USCIS every other day and they tell me my case was approved September 5th but the card is still not produced and no mailing date. Anyone else going for something similar? It doesn't make any sense to me...

Edited by Ticia24

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malawi
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ticia24 said:

Unfortunetly I'm still waiting for the EAD/AP, its gonna be 150 days waiting time tomorrow (NOA date was April 28th with no rfe's!!!).

I call USCIS every other day and they tell me my case was approved September 5th but the card is still not produced and no mailing date. Anyone else going for something similar? It doesn't make any sense to me...

Same thing happened to me. They received my application April 24th and approved my EAD/AP September 4th. My status changed to "card mailed" on Tuesday and according to USPS informed delivery, my EAD/AP should be delivered Monday! So hopefully yours will be mailed out very soon! 

Congrats to all that have gotten their GC!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

10 minutes ago, StarryDay said:

Same thing happened to me. They received my application April 24th and approved my EAD/AP September 4th. My status changed to "card mailed" on Tuesday and according to USPS informed delivery, my EAD/AP should be delivered Monday! So hopefully yours will be mailed out very soon! 

Congrats to all that have gotten their GC!

Mine is still at "case received"... but thank you so much for your reply, good to know i can be hopeful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I haven't been active on the thread but I have been following. I am in the same boat as some of you where i have been waiting 81 days since my status changed to case ready to be scheduled. I need some reassuring words I didn't think it would take this long for an interview to be scheduled. Any one have updates. My case is in California but not sure which location? Anything would help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Larrie said:

Hello Everyone! I haven't been active on the thread but I have been following. I am in the same boat as some of you where i have been waiting 81 days since my status changed to case ready to be scheduled. I need some reassuring words I didn't think it would take this long for an interview to be scheduled. Any one have updates. My case is in California but not sure which location? Anything would help!

Hello Larry, 

I am on the same boat, I got my EAD/AP already. However, my AOS status (I-485) changed to case ready to be scheduled 91 days ago. I am in Houston Texas, came on K1 Visa as well.

I have no idea when I would receive the interview notification (if any) either. I attended the Infopass appointment on 8/22 and the officer said that maybe by January 2018 since there is an important backlog. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My husband got his EAD within the 90 days which was great and a relief but the green card interview is taking forever. How  would I know which location in California our office is ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 0:54 PM, Larrie said:

My husband got his EAD within the 90 days which was great and a relief but the green card interview is taking forever. How  would I know which location in California our office is ? 

You might want to try USCIS's Field Office Locator.

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

On 9/22/2017 at 11:50 AM, Ninatica said:

Hello Larry, 

I am on the same boat, I got my EAD/AP already. However, my AOS status (I-485) changed to case ready to be scheduled 91 days ago. I am in Houston Texas, came on K1 Visa as well.

I have no idea when I would receive the interview notification (if any) either. I attended the Infopass appointment on 8/22 and the officer said that maybe by January 2018 since there is an important backlog. 

Hey! 

Just wanted to let you know I am also in Houston, TX. I also received my EAD but haven't heard anything about scheduling my interview. According to the statistics about the Houston USCIS processing times, we're looking at just over a year from the time you submit the application to the actual interview. I don't know why Houston has been taking so long, but I'm sure Harvey made things much worse. 

I try to remember that as long as I have the EAD and the AP, everything should be okay. It will take long, but life will carry on as normal and one day I'll wake up to find the process is moving along! 

On 9/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, Ticia24 said:

I feel you....Its ridiculous...I really don't understand how USCIS works, even some cases that had RFEs didn't wait this long for their EADs approval. Have you involved your local congressman/woman? I got mine approved and I am still waiting for my child's EAD approval and its well over 130 days, 2 SRs, still nothing, I am getting the senator involved today and I am waiting for a Tier 2 officer to call me back and explain why we have to wait this long when all other cases filled at the same time have gotten their approvals.

Its annoying:bonk:

AOS Timeline:

05/01/2017: Forms I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago, IL (didn't include child's form I-765)

05/03/2017: Delivered.

05/10/2017: NOA1s received via text/email at 11:30pm.

05/15/2017: 5 NOA1s received via mail 

05/16/2017: Form I-765 (for child) sent to Chicago, IL.

05/20/2017: Biometrics appointment letter received.

05/22/2017: 1 NOA for form I-765 (for child)received by text/e-mail.

05/26/2017: 1 NOA received via mail.

06/02/2017: Biometrics done.

06/04/2017: Biom appt letter rec'd for child's form I-765

06/14/2017: Biometrics done.(for child)

06/14/2017: Both Forms I-485; Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.

08/18/2017: EAD, new card being produced.(day 108)

08/23/2017: EAD, card is being mailed (day 114)

08/26/2017: EAD card received (day happy)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.