8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lola B said:

yeah.... i think they can see that you are in the process of applying for a K1 visa cause the custom people seem to look at me differently and ask the random questions they never asked... or maybe it's just me lol...

I was wondering that myself...but have heard that it doesn't show up when they scan your passport but you have to wonder 🤔. I always get questioned about how we met...etc. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DrivinAForeign said:

Wow I feel behind now.  Also UK case is already with NVC but haven't scheduled medical yet.

How was it scheduling the medical?  Was it fairly open availability?

Also, you may not know yet, but with the interview how quickly can you get one?  I see you plan to be in US by end of October, which is around what I'd like too!

GL

Thanks

Whoops, I meant to say for my case to get to the embassy. It’s already at NVC and I got my case number on Thursday. 

Booking the medical was easy enough, they just asked for name, date of birth and my case number. I took the first available appointments for me and my son which were the 4th October. Not sure about the interview yet, but I’ll report back once I know :)

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Marta Proniagina said:

wow and now it already says it's ready! can it go that fast????

It only took our case 2 days to go from NVC to embassy in Moscow.  There was a 19 day wait to get interview date though - interview date is 25 October.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, prince1364 said:

Well... After over 3 months of waiting for the NOA2, we are now bracing ourselves for the new and apparently broader and tougher travel ban... It was already difficult waiting for the NOA2, and thanks to TheOrangeClown we now have to sit and wait to read the new travel ban which will probably be anounced on this very weekend.. I'm just hoping and praying that there might be some exemptions for family members and Fiance so we can continue our case forward. I know you all are already having a hard time waiting for your own case to be finalized, but please pray for us if you believe in praying, to pas this very stressful and difficult time.

Sorry if I made anyone or everyone more sad, but I just wanted to share how me and my fiance are feeling now.

Wish u all luck 

hype and innuendo..............   Let's deal with the facts instead.  Surmising the approaching apocalypse of immigration just because you don't like the guy now calling the shots isn't productive.  

How about waiting for a clear direction and it's outcomes then we can discuss the matter then?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

So I have a new thing to keep me obsessed now: checking the CEAC tracker non-stop :lol:

Yesterday it showed as last date updated but stuck at Ready. At some point around noon it changed to "Application Received", case created and last updated today, 22, for a Non-Immigrant Visa, and now it shows as 'Administrative Processing', still Non-Immigrant.

US Embassy in Spain is not known for being the faster one processing, so I guess we'll see what happens next week... :)

So yep, you have to keep me entertained in the meantime with good news. Deal? ;)

Congrats!!  Very happy for U!  U help many with good advice & encouragement (Thanks). 

In the meantime, the US Embassy in Ethiopia 🇪🇹 still does NOT have any appointment available (which holds the process to pay app fee & to schedule an appointment).  I'm trying not to complain too much while I can see the end of the tunnel 😀.  Now my full time job (almost) is to check the appointment site for any new appointment slot🤞

19 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

hype and innuendo..............   Let's deal with the facts instead.  Surmising the approaching apocalypse of immigration just because you don't like the guy now calling the shots isn't productive.  

How about waiting for a clear direction and it's outcomes then we can discuss the matter then?

Wow...!  Thanks for understanding the situation and for being so supportive... I hope you never get stuck in such a situation, and never get blamed and punished for something others might have done and you never had anything to do with it. And I wish you never get restricted from anything because of your race, color or country of origin.

Edited by prince1364

Timeline
5 hours ago, prince1364 said:

That is the current travel ban you are talking about. It will expire on this sunday and they have come up with a new version which will be published by this sunday.. That is what scaring us.

I still believe that bonefide relationships including fiancee visas will continue to be exempt but haven't read latest updates. Won't matter if your other half is not coming from one of the banned countries anyway.

Will have to wait till Sunday then to see what is put out.

Timeline
5 hours ago, CharKor said:

156 days and then they send a RFE.  It takes 5 months to review the paperwork?  What a BS process.

Well it's actually a mixed blessing. 

At least you know once you reply to your RFE then you are on your way to approval.

I'd rather be in your shoes then 170-180 days and no word at all.

Any idea what the RFE might be for?

If you met on dating site did you include the TOS from the website?

All if any prior Divorces mentioned? 

Just grasping at straws here.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Carmine N Agnes said:

Day 151..and it's Friday..1500 California time...2 more hours , then another long weekend to wait and hope for an answer..if this don't drive a guy to drink, i don't know what will... 

Well there was at least ONE approval today for April 26th

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/profile/272334-leda-and-dale/

Congrats to them.

Far short of the average of 5 per day.

There is normally 1 or 2 that people here update over night so could be 2 or 3 

I guess slow Friday there.

Is it Monday yet?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, prince1364 said:

Wow...!  Thanks for understanding the situation and for being so supportive... I hope you never get stuck in such a situation, and never get blamed and punished for something others might have done and you never had anything to do with it. And I wish you never get restricted from anything because of your race, color or country of origin.

kinda late for those wishes, cuz I've been in those situations.  Even Just for being American!

You are missing my point, let me make it again.........  Guessing the sky is falling and attempting to run all over and spread that belief to others isn't productive until you know the sky really is falling.  @LabOz is correct, it is very doubtful that any kind of directive will influence family based types of visas.  The subject matter of this topic would be better served to be discussed when the announcement is made and if it affects K visas.

Furthermore, the slight of the potus isn't taken well by me.  In a democratic country such as ours, he won the election constitutionally and it is what it is.  Calling names doesn't further the discussion of immigration - it merely divides

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

and so ... 

I decided I'd give the ol' telephone approach a try again today around 16:30 .. I called and gave my normal spill about I had received an approval notice, but the app still shows RFE received, told the gentlemen I spoke with that I would like to speak to a tier 2 about it, and in the usual manner they transferred me ... 76 minute call back time. <_< Got the call back, lady picks up the phone and verifies me and says how can I help you, I said, "Well, I am hoping your going to tell me this approval notice I got on my phone is true" wasn't a lie people ... I've gotten approval notices on my phone, they just weren't mine :jest: Anyways ... you can get away with that kind of stuff with a southern dialect ya know,OK OK ... Anyways, She says to me and I quote, " Well let's see here ... I see an order for approval, but until you have the letter in hand you are not approved" "WHAT?!" I said, "Am I approved??" then she said it again, "I see an order for approval but until you have the letter in hand you are not approved" ... I talked with a good friend of mine .. a fellow VJ'r and he thinks its an approval but isn't finished processing yet ... After I have settled down here a bit I think so too, but I am too scared to be happy, and too happy to be scared ...  This is just too much y'all ... :jest: So does anyone really know what's going on here ... order of approval. I mean I guess until the status updates and i have the letter I should manage my emotions and expectations, but it sure beats the pat response of .. we received blah blah blah ... So what do you all think ??? 

I think like the RFE they have it flagged and haven't finished the paperwork. Sounds like good news to me man. So early next week they will probably be sending a letter. Kind of like my RFE, got flagged Sept 1st, mailed Sept 11th.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Haven't gotten a chance to hop on in what feels like forever. I think it was only like 4 days tho. Hoping to see lots of approvals and cases forwarded to NVC or Embassy as I go back and try to catch up, hopefully even a few visas granted! :)

And update. My fiancee is currently in Jakarta undergoing her medical. It started at 8 am, and the doctor doesn't think she'll be done until 2 pm. I knew it would be long but not that long.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

and so ... 

I decided I'd give the ol' telephone approach a try again today around 16:30 .. I called and gave my normal spill about I had received an approval notice, but the app still shows RFE received, told the gentlemen I spoke with that I would like to speak to a tier 2 about it, and in the usual manner they transferred me ... 76 minute call back time. <_< Got the call back, lady picks up the phone and verifies me and says how can I help you, I said, "Well, I am hoping your going to tell me this approval notice I got on my phone is true" wasn't a lie people ... I've gotten approval notices on my phone, they just weren't mine :jest: Anyways ... you can get away with that kind of stuff with a southern dialect ya know,OK OK ... Anyways, She says to me and I quote, " Well let's see here ... I see an order for approval, but until you have the letter in hand you are not approved" "WHAT?!" I said, "Am I approved??" then she said it again, "I see an order for approval but until you have the letter in hand you are not approved" ... I talked with a good friend of mine .. a fellow VJ'r and he thinks its an approval but isn't finished processing yet ... After I have settled down here a bit I think so too, but I am too scared to be happy, and too happy to be scared ...  This is just too much y'all ... :jest: So does anyone really know what's going on here ... order of approval. I mean I guess until the status updates and i have the letter I should manage my emotions and expectations, but it sure beats the pat response of .. we received blah blah blah ... So what do you all think ??? 

Maybe they ARE reading these forums and read your plan of how to get to Tier 2 and now they are playing with you..hahhaha......Just kidding. Honestly with RFE in on the 7th I think you are already very close to the 2-3 week approval . Sooooooo I'll just say it now "CONGRATULATIONS"...Great way to end the week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, LabOz said:

Maybe they ARE reading these forums and read your plan of how to get to Tier 2 and now they are playing with you..hahhaha......Just kidding. Honestly with RFE in on the 7th I think you are already very close to the 2-3 week approval . Sooooooo I'll just say it now "CONGRATULATIONS"...Great way to end the week.

hahahahahah RIGHT!!! I do hope so, and yes I felt 50% of the ton of weight I've had on my shoulders lift ... gee whiz what a ride ... Oh I hope its so, I think Kseniia is gonna be a happy lady when she wakes up :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.