8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, JD2925 said:

So we got our nao2 finally!! Was wondering from people already who have gotten through further processes, about how long does it take for the NVC to get a case number for us and for the consulate to call my fiance and get her interview date?  She is in paraguay.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations!!! As others have said, it has taken anywhere from about 8 days to several weeks. But most suggest you start calling about 10 days from NOA2 date. Call (603)334-0700 and choose options 5 or 7 (or 2 or 3). Any of those has worked for people. If you're super antsy, after the 10 days have passed, you can start calling daily to check if they have your number ready. Good luck!

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, prince1364 said:

Well... After over 3 months of waiting for the NOA2, we are now bracing ourselves for the new and apparently broader and tougher travel ban... It was already difficult waiting for the NOA2, and thanks to TheOrangeClown we now have to sit and wait to read the new travel ban which will probably be anounced on this very weekend.. I'm just hoping and praying that there might be some exemptions for family members and Fiance so we can continue our case forward. I know you all are already having a hard time waiting for your own case to be finalized, but please pray for us if you believe in praying, to pas this very stressful and difficult time.

Sorry if I made anyone or everyone more sad, but I just wanted to share how me and my fiance are feeling now.

Wish u all luck 

Travel Ban does Not affect Fiancee Visas as they are considered bonifide relationships.  No need to fear any clowns. 😊

1 minute ago, LabOz said:

Travel Ban does Not affect Fiancee Visas as they are considered bonifide relationships.  No need to fear any clowns. 😊

That is the current travel ban you are talking about. It will expire on this sunday and they have come up with a new version which will be published by this sunday.. That is what scaring us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Congrats

What to do next?  Celebrate, for 6 days and get a good nite sleep like you haven't had in 5 months.  In about 6 days, start calling NVC to see if they have your case number yet.  (603) 334-0700     Use option 7 or 5 or 2 or 3 (heck, they all seem to be working to get the number)    When you get your case number, use this link to track it from 'at nvc' to 'intransit' to 'ready'     https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Until you get your NVC number, use your time to familiarize yourself with your embassy procedures.  Click on 'PORTALS' above and scout around.  Another VJ member from Canada will be really helpful at this point.   @pajobra is just about to go to Montreal for Medical so she is just ahead of you.  She's fantastic at helping, so don't be shy to PM her for any questions.  Another fantastic help is @gob332 who just POE 11 days ago and has helped many other VJers also.

Very helpful! Thank you so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, JD2925 said:

So we got our nao2 finally!! Was wondering from people already who have gotten through further processes, about how long does it take for the NVC to get a case number for us and for the consulate to call my fiance and get her interview date?  She is in paraguay.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations !:)

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Timeline
9 hours ago, KBA said:

Congrats! Your fiancé is Canadian as well? Can't believe how long it took...you must be excited! For the RFE did they want more proof of your relationship? Hoping I sent in enough documentation...we've got a ways to go still at Day 93 

I am the Canadian fiancée :)
They requested more evidence of our relationship because our photos  and the story we wrote were not sufficient... we did not really have any boarding passes as we did not keep them (we did not really plan that our relationship would become so serious ;) ) finally my fiance ended up writing an official "statement letter" signed repeating when met, referring to the multiple photos and he has some passport stamps so we used these also. I travel to the US often between work and leisure and somehow they never stamp my passport! So excited one step closer to the end! Maybe for Thanksgiving (US Thanksgiving :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CharKor said:

156 days and then they send a RFE.  It takes 5 months to review the paperwork?  What a BS process.

i read about uscis work...and i came to the  point that it is more complicated than can be seeing ...

also they scan every page, picture... periodically they report on the work done to their inspector , etc etc ...

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, relaxango said:

@troika thought I'd keep you informed, I received my package today from the courier with passport etc in it. How is yours doing?

Thanks ... got mine today too :thumbs:

Edited by troika

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Lola B said:

I am the Canadian fiancée :)
They requested more evidence of our relationship because our photos  and the story we wrote were not sufficient... we did not really have any boarding passes as we did not keep them (we did not really plan that our relationship would become so serious ;) ) finally my fiance ended up writing an official "statement letter" signed repeating when met, referring to the multiple photos and he has some passport stamps so we used these also. I travel to the US often between work and leisure and somehow they never stamp my passport! So excited one step closer to the end! Maybe for Thanksgiving (US Thanksgiving :P

Thanks for the response! We live within driving distance so we don't have boarding passes and haven't had our passports stamped...although last month I did receive a couple stamps.

At least I'll know what to expect if they want more info. Fingers crossed for the next step in the interview...etc! Hopefully won't take too long and you can get to the States for Thanksgiving! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KBA said:

Thanks for the response! We live within driving distance so we don't have boarding passes and haven't had our passports stamped...although last month I did receive a couple stamps.

At least I'll know what to expect if they want more info. Fingers crossed for the next step in the interview...etc! Hopefully won't take too long and you can get to the States for Thanksgiving! 

yeah.... i think they can see that you are in the process of applying for a K1 visa cause the custom people seem to look at me differently and ask the random questions they never asked... or maybe it's just me lol...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Day 151..and it's Friday..1500 California time...2 more hours , then another long weekend to wait and hope for an answer..if this don't drive a guy to drink, i don't know what will... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Carmine N Agnes said:

Day 151..and it's Friday..1500 California time...2 more hours , then another long weekend to wait and hope for an answer..if this don't drive a guy to drink, i don't know what will... 

Sorry but I have to just say, for Wisconsin isn't everything a reason to drink? And yes I tease mostly based on the per-capita beer consumption and several friends weddings.

That being said I know what you mean. So far it is only through extreme self control that I haven't run myself out of bourbon/scotch.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

5 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Thank you! 

My medical is 12 days away so hoping that's enough time for my case to get to NVC! I'll definitely wait for the case to be ready before I book the interview though. Slightly worried about the letter as I'm moving out of my house in 2 weeks and the mail redirect is notoriously slow down here but I've been told I might not need it when I asked in the UK section. Thanks for your advice :) 

Wow I feel behind now.  Also UK case is already with NVC but haven't scheduled medical yet.

How was it scheduling the medical?  Was it fairly open availability?

Also, you may not know yet, but with the interview how quickly can you get one?  I see you plan to be in US by end of October, which is around what I'd like too!

GL

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.